IPO. RST hinting that the minimum price could be brought down from £500.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@thesins

Many of the clubs you mention have trusts run by supporters of the club for the benefit of both the supporters and the club.

Can the same measure be used to validate the rst???

Since their inception they have never represented more than 2,000 Rangers fans. I understand that number is now closer to 1,200. Hardly a representative figure.

They are no more than a small clique whose mouths write cheques their bodies can't cash.

They represent only a tiny percentage of Gers fans yet the trouble they have stirred up this year has done nothing but divide the Rangers support.

Question ---- would anyone miss the RST if they ceased to exist??

@thesins

Many of the clubs you mention have trusts run by supporters of the club for the benefit of both the supporters and the club.

Can the same measure be used to validate the rst???

Since their inception they have never represented more than 2,000 Rangers fans. I understand that number is now closer to 1,200. Hardly a representative figure.

They are no more than a small clique whose mouths write cheques their bodies can't cash.

They represent only a tiny percentage of Gers fans yet the trouble they have stirred up this year has done nothing but divide the Rangers support.

Question ---- would anyone miss the RST if they ceased to exist??

To be honest the people who would appear to miss it most are the ones on here who talk about it all the time. :)

I believe in democratic supporter representation and this is best achieved by purchasing shares by fans as a group so yes there is a need for the RST I'd say. The demand in the other thread on this very website for a group wishing to purchase shares shows there are many fans feeling the same.

If the problem is certain people on the RST board then fans should put reasoned argument together and persuade the majority why things need to change.

Or snipe away on a website sniping about our fellow supporters....

To be honest the people who would appear to miss it most are the ones on here who talk about it all the time. :)

I believe in democratic supporter representation and this is best achieved by purchasing shares by fans as a group so yes there is a need for the RST I'd say. The demand in the other thread on this very website for a group wishing to purchase shares shows there are many fans feeling the same.

If the problem is certain people on the RST board then fans should put reasoned argument together and persuade the majority why things need to change.

I'm like the RST board I have no time for democracy or awkward questions.

You don't need the RST to buy shares as a group. I'm surprised that some RSC's are not bandimg together to buy block shares, I'd trust my local RSC before the rst.

Meanwhile I'll keep sniping where I feel it is justified.

When I see such divisive fractions and such a lack of trust where the rst are concerned it really does have me wondering what is going on at the rst.

I would want my group, trust or company to thrive for the propose it provides, it seems daft to be stuck in a current of waterpulling you down but choose not to act on it, from the outside looking in it is not looking good.

See this idea that people are above criticism if they are a fellow bear, it really rips my knitting. Simple fact is, if you're a fat thieving (allegedly) cunt then regardless of team you support you are a cunt. Its simple. I don't like people because they support the same team as me. Thats kinda pathetic imo.

Should the rst plan of getting fans to purchase shares through them fail then I fully expect the rst and its vocal support/lapdogs to turn on Green. Watch this space.

I must admit I'm struggling to see what role the RST has to play here.

I thought the intention post-Murray & Whyte was to widen share ownership. What possible benefit is there from replicating a 1970s "Trade Union block vote" scenario?

If I elect to invest in Rangers, I'll do so under my own auspices and I strongly advise all fellow supporters to do the same.

There is, nevertheless a risk to small shareholders if they invest as individuals and under their own auspices. We have seen in the past how small shareholders were sidelined and marginalised by a few large shareholders who were able to advance their own agenda. We urgently need a small shareholders association which will allow us to pool our shares (votes not ownership) and have a real voice in the future of Rangers. Now, clearly there are issues of trust with the existing supporter organisations. But that does not mean that the concept is a bad one. At some point we need to put aside our internecine squabbles or the risk of us and the club getting shafted once more is very real.

There is, nevertheless a risk to small shareholders if they invest as individuals and under their own auspices. We have seen in the past how small shareholders were sidelined and marginalised by a few large shareholders who were able to advance their own agenda. We urgently need a small shareholders association which will allow us to pool our shares (votes not ownership) and have a real voice in the future of Rangers. Now, clearly there are issues of trust with the existing supporter organisations. But that does not mean that the concept is a bad one. At some point we need to put aside our internecine squabbles or the risk of us and the club getting shafted once more is very real.

Will never happen, too many want to be the commander -in-chief.................the spotlights dazzling them. Anyway I have always been against fan participation in the running of the club..............just think about discussing a game when you will get so many differing views.

We as fans have the biggest say in the club as it is......by buying season books, tops, programmes and everything else. Far too many dingwalls and various others out there that would want to be the kingpin.

Sure, investing carries a risk but I don't see how buying shares through the RST reduces that risk. At least in the short term, the bulk of the shareholding is likely to be snapped up by large investors, so any fans' collective will have a very small voice indeed.

But the biggest issue for me is the makeup of the fans' group which is looking to pool fans' votes, i.e. the increasingly marginalised, factional splinter group, the RST. I can't speak for the rest of the fan-base but I have zero intention of handing over my meagre voting rights to an organisation which has no interest in hearing my opinion.

I can see the benefit of a small shareholders association but it won't be the RST; at least not in its present format nor with the current personnel.

There is, nevertheless a risk to small shareholders if they invest as individuals and under their own auspices. We have seen in the past how small shareholders were sidelined and marginalised by a few large shareholders who were able to advance their own agenda. We urgently need a small shareholders association which will allow us to pool our shares (votes not ownership) and have a real voice in the future of Rangers.

Now, clearly there are issues of trust with the existing supporter organisations. But that does not mean that the concept is a bad one. At some point we need to put aside our internecine squabbles or the risk of us and the club getting shafted once more is very real.

Most wouldn't argue with that, nor indeed could the fans' group being discussed - so it begs the question, WHY have they (RST) not acted for the greater good and removed someone seen by many as a major stumbling block to fan's unity?

Or would the entire world as we know it collapse were that to happen?