*** The Official New Scotland Manager Suggestion Thread ***

JTP

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should do what we've been threatening to do for years but never actually done - get a youngish manager who will be able to progress the squad and build a (hate this word) philosiphy.

We've squandered years worth of talent on short termism and haven't qualified for hee haw since 98. We have to accept that we are a 3rd rate nation in terms of football at the moment, and take it from there.

Although after saying that, I can't think of anyone that fits the bill (certainly not Scottish anyway)

Ffs Scotland would need Dynamo to get them out of the groups they will end up in! They will slip to pot 5 and face groups like they're in now!

By appointing they 2 fannies the SFA have systematically fucked Scotland from qualifying for anything for at least another ten years!

I think we should do what we've been threatening to do for years but never actually done - get a youngish manager who will be able to progress the squad and build a (hate this word) philosiphy.

We've squandered years worth of talent on short termism and haven't qualified for hee haw since 98. We have to accept that we are a 3rd rate nation in terms of football at the moment, and take it from there.

Although after saying that, I can't think of anyone that fits the bill (certainly not Scottish anyway)

Last time this came up I said that I felt that John Collins could be an interesting appointment and I still think that.

His time at Hibs ended badly, due to perceived arrogance on his part, but would that be a problem when he is only working with the players every six weeks or so?

He got Hibs playing good, modern, attractive football with a lot if talented young players and he is one of the few Scottish players who actually spent time playing outside of Britain, took steps to live his life like an athlete and talks like somebody who has a clue about the modern game and how it should be played.

Gary Speed was completly underwhelming as a manager at Sheffield Utd, but was perfect for Wales at that time and I think Collins is in the same position now with regards to what Scotland need.

Last time this came up I said that I felt that John Collins could be an interesting appointment and I still think that.

His time at Hibs ended badly, due to perceived arrogance on his part, but would that be a problem when he is only working with the players every six weeks or so?

He got Hibs playing good, modern, attractive football with a lot if talented young players and he is one of the few Scottish players who actually spent time playing outside of Britain, took steps to live his life like an athlete and talks like somebody who has a clue about the modern game and how it should be played.

Gary Speed was completly underwhelming as a manager at Sheffield Utd, but was perfect for Wales at that time and I think Collins is in the same position now with regards to what Scotland need.

It would be an interesting one anyway, surprised he hasn't taken a job at a lower league team either in England or France after his time at Hibs finished.

I often wonder how much impact international managers are actually able to make in a teams style - I mean the way Spain play is mainly down to the domestic coaching of the players and it seems like the last few managers have just utilised these strengths to play in a similar fashion, likewise with Brazil, England etc.

Either way, I don't think Levein fits either the Walter/Craig Brown style 'maximise what we have' or the 'develop a squad for the next 5 years' models.

John Collins would be an interesting appointment. As mentioned it would be a fitness and technique based philosophy he would install and that fits in with what the under 19's and 21's are trying to do. So it would be a natural progression.

If John Collins could bring in Gary McAllister as a part of his coaching set up. Think it could be a exactly what the National team is looking for.

John Collins would be an interesting appointment. As mentioned it would be a fitness and technique based philosophy he would install and that fits in with what the under 19's and 21's are trying to do. So it would be a natural progression.

If John Collins could bring in Gary McAllister as a part of his coaching set up. Think it could be a exactly what the National team is looking for.

Is Collins working with Livingston just now?