Big tax case

You choose from the following options

A - Its 2012 and youre a fanny

B - Its 2012 and youre a cunt

C - Its 2012 and youre a vagina

It's Saturday night, I've had a wee sherry, and I'm in a good mood. Tomorrow I'll be back to grumpy old git.

Look, you made a tit of yourself and various posters chinned you about it. Don't let it get to you - your dummy would be better retained in your mouth.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Saturday night, I've had a wee sherry, and I'm in a good mood. Tomorrow I'll be back to grumpy old git.

Look, you made a tit of yourself and various posters chinned you about it. Don't let it get to you - your dummy would be better retained in your mouth.

A wee sherry - a refined pallet right there :lol:.

Sherry my arse boss

I thought the Herald or Scotsman ran a story just the other day saying the decision was made and both parties were made aware of the final result and it would be made public this week or next?

If they knew the result why would it take them a week or so to make it public?

If they knew the result why would it take them a week or so to make it public?

I have no idea. Just had a look, it was the Herald. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/a-taxin-question.19222492

"The verdict is now thought to have been delivered to the two parties, and should be made public in the coming days, but what will it mean?"

I have no idea. Just had a look, it was the Herald. http://www.heraldsco...estion.19222492

"The verdict is now thought to have been delivered to the two parties, and should be made public in the coming days, but what will it mean?"

Can't see it being bad news for us. Why would it have taken them this long? If they have found us guilty you can bet money on it, that it would have been leaked weeks ago and all over the papers news etc.

If we are found not guilty, i would sue everyone of these fuckers in the papers and the news that have been going on about cheating etc.

Can't see it being bad news for us. Why would it have taken them this long? If they have found us guilty you can bet money on it, that it would have been leaked weeks ago and all over the papers news etc.

I tend to agree had it been bad news the taigs would have been falling over themselves to tell us. (tu)

That article was wrote on Monday & theirs still no news. Are they still trying to dig or are they waiting for a specific date to announce this?

I don't know mate. We may have to wait until into next week. It doesn't affect us now anyway, it basically has nothing to do with us or our club anymore.

I don't know mate. We may have to wait until into next week. It doesn't affect us now anyway, it basically has nothing to do with us or our club anymore.

I know it's nothing to do with us, but i would rather we won it, after all their "cheating" patter it would show we never cheated any cunt.

Just beat them fair and square on the park with some of the best players that have came to scotland and will be the last top class players to ever play in Scotland again.

If the results are indeed known to MIH and HMRC, the penalty for breaking the embargo must be extremely severe, because if they did know and it was favourable to either party, they would be shouting it from the rooftops - Murray in particular, it would be a chance for him to boost his ego. It would be interesting to see if it was favourable to Murray, he could sue for damages not over the result, but over the damaging leaked information by HMRC.

I know it's nothing to do with us, but i would rather we won it, after all their "cheating" patter it would show we never cheated any cunt.

Just beat them fair and square on the park with some of the best players that have came to scotland and will be the last top class players to ever play in Scotland again.

Losing doesn't prove we cheated either. EBT's were not illegal, we were doing nothing wrong.

Losing doesn't prove we cheated either. EBT's were not illegal, we were doing nothing wrong.

(tu) Just read this in that article.

"The likelihood is that the tribunal will find in HMRC's favour for some of the cases, and in Rangers' favour for others".

then?What happens here?

Morning Boss, fair enough I fucked up and I spat the dummy that hard I canny fucking find it today. But in my defense I had a few sherberts yesterday myself, but Im still a bit queazy after being called a taig, so I think al take a couple of days off from RM, until I feel better. No hard feelings mate. (tu)

Thought the outcome was due today or was that just a rumour ...what way will it go.your gut feeling bears ?

My feeling is that it is too close to call. If the tribunal decides the evidence is exactly 50:50, then RFC 2012 will have to pay the tax, but not the penalties. They will try to avoid that and come down one way or they other, and it is really anyone's guess what they will decide.

My feeling is that it is too close to call. If the tribunal decides the evidence is exactly 50:50, then RFC 2012 will have to pay the tax, but not the penalties. They will try to avoid that and come down one way or they other, and it is really anyone's guess what they will decide.

Eh , NO

:lol:

Where do people get this pish from?

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

Where do people get this pish from?

I get this "pish" from my knowledge as as a qualified accountant.

There are two cases being considered by the tribunal.

Firstly, HMRC said that the tax return was wrong and amended it to include an extra tax liability. Rangers are appealing against this assessment. To be successful, they have to prove that HMRC was wrong to amend the tax return. Rangers have to prove that the tax is not due.

Secondly, HMRC are applying penalties for filing an incorrect tax return. HMRC have to prove that the tax return was wrong.

If the tribunal can't make their minds up either way as to whether the tax was due, Rangers fail to prove that the tax was not due. Therefore they have to pay it. HMRC fail to prove that the tax return was incorrect, therefore the penalties are not payable. This very rarely happens, but the longer the tribunal take to make their minds up, the more likely it is that this is what will happen.

There is a third possibility that they could be prosecuted for fraudulently filing an incorrect tax return. For that to be successful, they would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the tax return was incorrect, and that Rangers knew it was incorrect. Rangers would say they thought it was correct because it was checked over by various tax accountants and auditors all of whom advised them it was fine. They know that, so they aren't even attempting a prosecution.