Big tax case

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think its a s clear cut as a gulty or not guilty verdict.

i think its a case of judges combing over every single trasnaction & associated documents, then deciding if they should have been taxed more than what they were, or if they are legit.

i have a feeling that there is likely to be some payments deemed to be not exactly koshur and perhaps we will have a bill of about 4 or 5 million to the OldCo, which will be followed with a final sum/figure that the oldco was liable to HMRC for.

i have a feeling that there is likely to be some payments deemed to be not exactly koshur and perhaps we will have a bill of about 4 or 5 million to the OldCo, which will be followed with a final sum/figure that the oldco was liable to HMRC for.

As in we'll have a bill to pay?

If that's what you're saying, no we won't.

Think it will go against us :(

dm could not wait to bail out and I think his urgency was about more than lloyds. I think he was not confident about the btc and he would know more about it than anyone. Just hope I'm wrong.

The BTC had little to do with Murray wanting to sell. RFC was up for sale some years before HMRC came knocking at the door. As for the more recent urgency to sell, that was brought on by MIH hitting troubled times and the Bank of Scotland (HBOS) coming under the governance of the more hard-line Lloyds.

As for the result of the FTTT I hope it is postponed even longer. I would like to see what the SPL tribunal says before the result because that puts their panel in an awkward position.

Well in the late stages of liquidation then.

no it's take, it will take years before all the debts are settled up and many court cases haven't even started yet.

Greens £5.5m is roughly the current bank balance of oldco. There is a £25m lawsuit the oldco is initiating agaisnt Whytes lawyers. The claims against the OldCo still have to be settled in full - which is mainly the reason why TBTC is relevant.

Well in the late stages of liquidation then.

No its not. Liquidators aren't enen in their post yet, D&P still control oldco. Paperwork yet to be lodged at court to begin liquidation process. D&P made this perfectly clear in their statement either yesterday or wednesday.