Not enough training...?

pipedown27ready

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best teams in the world train longer than us. There's a reason that they are all far better players. They work harder for it.

If you put in the hours, you notice improvements.

The mentality of some posters on here is absolutely ridiculous. Most of you are too scared to speak against the team in case you get called a tim. Open your bloody eyes and look at how shite some of our performances have been. They aren't working hard enough for it, clearly.

Any proof that continental teams train longer?

Depends who Ally put in charge of the youth set up and appointed as his backroom staff. (tu) All those examples are of world beaters though, we, as a nation, will never be world beaters, we just want to compete and not get embarrassed every year.

Because getting back to the top is a gimme, we can do it the hard way, the easy way, the right way, the wrong way, they all take us back to the SPL. We have to have a plan for what we do when we get there because the way we get out of these divisions may not be the way to be successful when we do get back.

We need to learn how to be successful in a league we have dominated? We were successful before! We will be successful domestically coz we are the best club in Scotland. I thought we were talking about improving on the European stage.

I honestly couldn't be bothered. You were boring me. And i mean that in the nicest possible way. Anyone reading the thread will know who i was speaking to. (tu)

still telling porkies though, ain't you :(

We need to learn how to be successful in a league we have dominated? We were successful before! We will be successful domestically coz we are the best club in Scotland. I thought we were talking about improving on the European stage.

Yes mate. It will be a new era when we get back. I thought the thread was about improving overall. (tu)

... and how many hours physical training do you want the players to do every day ? This is where we have to trust the managers and staff - they have a lot more experience at this than I do.

at all the top clubs in italy and france daily double training shifts are the norm.i believe i would trust the managers and staff at these top foreign clubs to get the rangers players better prepared than they are just now

As I said, the best players in the world stay on after team training is finished to improve their own game. None of our players do this.

You KNOW this for sure ?

I'll bet you yourself couldn't do the training... intensive training these guys do day-in... day-out...... even for half an hour.

I'm sure they do enough and knowing as to just HOW Ally is , I'll bet he has them doing their most in training. Super wouldn't have it any other way, not a chance.

If they did slacken off, ASlly would kick em up the back-side.... hard !

Edit : These guys are NOT in the same caliber as players before.... they probably can only do a certain amount of 'mega-0training' anyway. I'd still hazzard a wee guess and say that Ally gets as much training from their type as he can... under fitness supervision like. They will be as fit as they can be, for sure.

A lecture I received at uni outlined a typical elite training week as:

Sunday - Match

Monday - Active Recovery

Tuesday - 10-12 & 3-4:30

Wednesday - 10-12 & 3:4:30

Thursday - Off

Friday - 10-12 & 3-4:30

Saturday - Travel to match, 1 coaches meeting and 2 team meetings

Sunday - Match

I assume from the training times and Sunday match it could be from a Spanish club. The lecturer has conducted studies on sports performance across Europe.

Not all double sessions are physical but gym work is not included in the above.

There needs to be an element of cv, muscular endurance, ball work, coaching, team tactics and then individual responsibilities within each position. If done correctly this could easily be done in 3 hours. To over train would just lead to injury.

Van bronckhorst once stated that he had to give 'press time' every day while at barca and im sure this still takes place. this is why they stay late. to train on your own will get them off the hook with the press. the goldfish bowl we live in here we couldnt, nor should we, give the press fuck all.

A lecture I received at uni outlined a typical elite training week as:

Sunday - Match

Monday - Active Recovery

Tuesday - 10-12 & 3-4:30

Wednesday - 10-12 & 3:4:30

Thursday - Off

Friday - 10-12 & 3-4:30

Saturday - Travel to match, 1 coaches meeting and 2 team meetings

Sunday - Match

I assume from the training times and Sunday match it could be from a Spanish club. The lecturer has conducted studies on sports performance across Europe.

Not all double sessions are physical but gym work is not included in the above.

So there is Gym work on top of these hours..

Do we include Gym sessions in our training?

It seems to me that we should bow out of playing competitive football for a year and just train.

In 12 months time we'll apparently be fucking world beaters.

I've seen footballers who looked brilliant in training and couldn't translate it into games. I've seen talented players who look shit in training become different animals come match day.

I certainly disagree with the view that more running is needed in training. That should have been covered pre-season and be maintained by playing matches. I'm all for extra technical training though.

"I don't believe it needs to take 10 years tbh" - How long do you reckon? Considering all the examples needed a minimum of a decade before they saw results.

Mate we can all agree we want a better youth academy, producing better players, more regularly but how can you say getting back to the top league ASAP is not our first and foremost task?

Considering the opposition we should be able to do both.