should ally be replaced as manager yes or no

gersfan1872

The football under Ally has been poor and the results mixed. The results in the SPL were bad. The results in Div 3 mixed albeit we are on top. Cups? Awful - M'well apart.

Nevertheless in the circumstances we are in Ally is safe unless promotion from Div 3 goes awry. Then the shit will hit the fan.

We need to be patient and see if things improve. Ally is hurting, but his hands are tied with this lot of players. The experienced ones - Shiels and Black are not performing too well. The new foreign imports are not good enough; Perry imo is not good enough and the youngsters like McLeod, McKay, Aird, etc. need more time. Losing Templeton was a big blow. Little, Jig, Wallace and Alexander are fine for now.

In essence patience is required and at the end of the Div 3 campaign it will be clear if Ally should go. Personally I love him, but not as a manager.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the amount of "no's" in this thread is astounding! i would wonder if ally wasn't who he was and he was a mcleish, le guen, advocate and had been here for a year would they be as lenient? our results have been shocking and this season simply embarrassing you know its time to go when opposition fans are saying he must stay. all i wanted this season was rangers to reinvent themselves, bring in a style and policy and what does ally do he signs kevin kyle a player that sums up scottish football. i literally detest mccoist as a manager, he is pulling us further and further down.

We could of installed a new game at rangers and struggled at first with the same results in the same way but atleast we would be heading in the right direction, but what is most annoying is we are getting these results and NOT going anywhere. if i saw some great passing or glimpses in games then i would have hope, but i am seeing nothing on the park at all.

You shouldn't concern yourself with what other fans think.

Detest is a fucking strong word!

No. McCoist has to be given the season.

3 months into a season with a whole new squad with a lot of youngsters in the team is not enough time. I dont think McCoist should be judged on last season considering everything that went on.

If we were playing the way we are and getting the results we are getting right now, with the team we had last year then I would be very worried and probably be changing my opinion on backing Ally.

If we are still playing badly and showing no real signs of improvement by near the end of the season (even if we win) I will probably change my opinion on backing Ally.

Until then he has my full backing.

As for "blind faith", what a lot of shite, I have yet to see anyone who says everything is great at the club and that Ally deserves no critisism, but The majority of Rangers fans (IMO) are willing to give him the time he needs without freaking out on every bump in the long road.

You shouldn't concern yourself with what other fans think.

Detest is a fucking strong word!

i know it is but ive had it, what pisses me off more than anything else is the chance we have now that no way we would ever think we would have to bring in a new philosophy and we are blowing it. just my opinion.

We have some good players and we have some bad players which would never get a game for Rangers reserves in previous times never mind the first team, Ally can only do so much as a manager and the rest is up to the players, Ally is the man for the job he knows Rangers more than anyone and knows the standards that's expected but he cant do much with transfer bans etc.

i know it is but ive had it, what pisses me off more than anything else is the chance we have now that no way we would ever think we would have to bring in a new philosophy and we are blowing it. just my opinion.

I detest your current opinion.

They aren't starting to lash out NOW. Certain individuals (I wont name but I'm sure you all know them well enough on here) They wanted him gone before the season started. They are now operating with an agenda. In this agenda they believe, Ally cannot be a successful manager and he cannot be a successful Rangers manager and they will always highlight the negative to pump up their agenda against our manager. I'm sick of people saying being top is no success. Then basically they are saying we are in a lose lose situation where only criticism is accepted. I truly believe there is nothing Ally can do to win these types over. Even if he won all the cups and won the league they would still not support him. They would bring up last season despite how stupid it makes them sound, they would lament his style of management and attack our teams performances. Then they go around agreeing with eachother like it's a well thought out opinion. Honestly, they are the saddest of the sad.

you have got it all wrong.

i am one of those who wish ally to be replaced.

he is a rangers legend and an honourable and superb gentleman and a fitting tribute for him would be a seat on the rangers board for life.

however he is simply not cutting it as our manager and is too much of a players man.

the training and coaching regime at the club is clearly inadequate

your assertion that those of us who wish ally to be replaced would all still be against him if he won this and that cup is total balderdash.

i wanted ally to succeed as our manager but it has not worked out this way

rangers are now out of 2 cup competitions to inferior opposition and are are not playing well at all.

our performances are too often disjointed and disorganised.

last season was very similar with early exits from cup competitions.

the man does not seem to learn from his mistakes

the amount of "no's" in this thread is astounding! i would wonder if ally wasn't who he was and he was a mcleish, le guen, advocate and had been here for a year would they be as lenient? our results have been shocking and this season simply embarrassing you know its time to go when opposition fans are saying he must stay. all i wanted this season was rangers to reinvent themselves, bring in a style and policy and what does ally do he signs kevin kyle a player that sums up scottish football. i literally detest mccoist as a manager, he is pulling us further and further down.

We could of installed a new game at rangers and struggled at first with the same results in the same way but atleast we would be heading in the right direction, but what is most annoying is we are getting these results and NOT going anywhere. if i saw some great passing or glimpses in games then i would have hope, but i am seeing nothing on the park at all.

I'm astounded you are astounded. In fact, I'm astounded at the number of "yes" votes. Astounding really.

ok so he isnt as good as Ally then.

Ah well thats it then.

On a note he did qualify for European football with Shitty St.Johnstone.

I think the fact he has done such a crap job at Bristol City outweighs anything he has done at St.Johnstone.

They aren't starting to lash out NOW. Certain individuals (I wont name but I'm sure you all know them well enough on here) They wanted him gone before the season started. They are now operating with an agenda. In this agenda they believe, Ally cannot be a successful manager and he cannot be a successful Rangers manager and they will always highlight the negative to pump up their agenda against our manager. I'm sick of people saying being top is no success. Then basically they are saying we are in a lose lose situation where only criticism is accepted. I truly believe there is nothing Ally can do to win these types over. Even if he won all the cups and won the league they would still not support him. They would bring up last season despite how stupid it makes them sound, they would lament his style of management and attack our teams performances. Then they go around agreeing with eachother like it's a well thought out opinion. Honestly, they are the saddest of the sad.

To make it clear I dont think Ally should be sacked but for you to say you think its sad that some fans want change and agree with one another in their frustration of our current performances is a complete contradiction to the fact you are agreeing with those fans who are happy to give Ally time and accept our current performances as "teething problems".

You also claim fans are stupid to bring up last season yet when you look back at it we got put out of Europe by Malmo and Maribor, out of the CIS cup vs Falkirck and barring the performances of Aluko we were awful to watch for large chunks of the season because of how we were set up to play. You can highlight all the offfield issues but the fact is even before that we had no real structure or game plan (other than route 1) and relied heavily on individuals.

I have praised you for your unwavering support of Ally on other threads but to start this nonsense that there is an "agenda" against Ally is ridiculous and demeans your argument. The guy is a legend and was my hero growing up like he was for alot of bears. The problem with legends becoming managers is that some fans cant see past that.

Fact is he is in a no-win situation in relation to div 3 games because we realistically should be winning every game....however thats not my concern. I have seen enough lower league football to know that will not always be a given and I accept the difficulties we face in that environment however my concern is we are not playing good football and there seems to be no progress on that front (at the moment). I still retain hope he will get it right and in my honest opinion I would rather see us lose games and struggle through the season (results wise) trying to play the right way and putting a philosophy and structure in place for the future than the way we are currently playing.

If we were playing the way we are and getting the results we are getting right now, with the team we had last year then I would be very worried and probably be changing my opinion on backing Ally.

If we are still playing badly and showing no real signs of improvement by near the end of the season (even if we win) I will probably change my opinion on backing Ally.

Until then he has my full backing.

As for "blind faith", what a lot of shite, I have yet to see anyone who says everything is great at the club and that Ally deserves no critisism, but The majority of Rangers fans (IMO) are willing to give him the time he needs without freaking out on every bump in the long road.

Good post and agree totally about "blind faith",backing a manager,while retaining a level of reality is not blind faith.

you have got it all wrong.

i am one of those who want ally to be replaced.

he is a rangers legend and an honourable and superb gentleman and a fitting tribute for him would be a seat on the rangers board for life.

however he is simply not cutting it as our manager.

your assertion that we would all still be against ally if he won this and that cup is total balderdash.

rangers are now out of 2 cup competitions to inferior opposition and are are not playing well at all.

our performances are disjointed and disorganised.

last season was very similar with early exits from cup competitions.

the man does not seem to learn from his mistakes

you have summed up my position on this matter very well ianbear007.ally should be replaced as manager of rangers.a great man but sadly not a good manager of our club

you have summed up my position on this matter very well ianbear007.ally should be replaced as manager of rangers.a great man but sadly not a good manager of our club

at last--the man who started all this shit speaks.

do you realise you have caused 10 pages of managerial mayhem.

oh and by the way learn how to set up a poll before you start one lol

( no give him this season then start the debate on him staying or going )

ally should get in a coach who can get the team passing the ball on the floor. we have a lot of young lads now invovled in the team week in week out, we need them to be happy to recieve the ball in tight spaces and retain the ball by short passes,this is what will open up the midfield & defences (run the legs off them, if a harder game when you havin got the ball). Learn how to play this way in the lower leagues and we will reap the rewards in years to come. only my opinion.