The SNP and the Truth

bluechip

This should provoke lively debate. Would Rangers and the Rangers community get a fairer crack of the whip if Scotland was independant? Not according to that other community. See below, straight from the horses mouth.

http://www.catholictruthscotland.com...wsletter12.pdf

Andrew McCann hit the nail on the

head with his article on independence

in the September edition. As he said,

there is already anti-Catholic bias in

the media and the bigotry at football

matches is far and away mostly aimed

at Celtic supporters. All the talk about

“sectarianism” is misleading because

Scotland is more an anti-Catholic and

an anti-Irish country than “sectarian”.

That would get worse if we became

independent.

There has already been a case where

a defendant pleaded guilty to a

“sectarian” assault that took place on

live TV and yet the jury still refused to

find him guilty. This proves there is

institutionalised bigotry in Scotland,

and, in fact, it is one of the examples

given by Andrew McCann in his article

(see p.19, Issue No. 73).

The SNP has always been known as

a “Protestant” party, so it is very true

that we need to be careful what we

vote for. It would be an own goal to

vote for Scottish independence.

David Martin, Coatbridge

I like it. :7326::7325::ulster:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fanny, a clear anti catholic and anti Irish agenda in Scotland, he is having a laugh. The only reason that guy at tynecastle wasn't found guilty is because they went all gun blazing trying to prove it was motivated by sectarianism, when they could of just went for a straight forward attack. Look how many times the catholic church's is in the news about crucifying some part of the community and then you get jailed if you say something about them.

Hmm defendant pleads guilty but jury acquits, if you plead guilty you dispense with the need for a jury.

Debate? Think it might get brutal in here, when can you quote the SNP and truth in the same sentence, in fact apply that to any political party.

He offered to plead guilty to assault if the sectarian part was removed! The prosecution rejected the offer. He was, rightly, found not guilty of a sectarian assault. He was found guilty of a breach of the peace after the jury had deleted the word sectarian from the charge. Not exactly what the half-wit of a journalist seems to be claiming. Its not just the majority of politicians that seem to have difficulty with the truth.

It appears timothy is still peddling pish on this subject.

Question for lurkers - please explain how catholic can be done for sectarian assault on another catholic. You lot are are so blinkered you cannot see the truth or you are thick as shit... Oops third option you are all brain washed and thick as shit.

It appears timothy is still peddling pish on this subject.

Question for lurkers - please explain how catholic can be done for sectarian assault on another catholic. You lot are are so blinkered you cannot see the truth or you are thick as shit... Oops third option you are all brain washed and thick as shit.

Forgot he was catholic as well which makes it even more ridiculous

More political shite - but if it leads to more people voting for independence great - lets leave it in the Bears Den. After all talking about them, politics and religion is what Rangers is all about! :rolleyes:

Great? What the fuck are you on about? Being a Rangers fan you cannot be voting for independence?

I don't believe these atrocious laws discriminate against anyone for their religion, they discriminate against football fans.The only reason the prosecution were determined to get him on sectarian charges would have been due to Salmond breathing down their necks.It was the first clear case of their bullshit, anti-football laws being a fucking sham.

See when people start mixing football with religious bias, party political bias and other non-relevant things, I quickly lose interest.

I genuinely couldn't care less about the SNP.

Religion & Politics make football that bit more interesting. That's why religion & politics go with football all around the world.

Ok since when being a Rangers Fan determine what you should vote, get grip lads.

Interesting post

Ever been to Ibrox? Unionism is the main theme of Rangers FFS, why do you think everyone sings Rule Britannia at every single game? Why do you think the club organises union jack card displays and officially celebrates the Act of Unions?

So daft that some folk try to deny that Rangers is a unionist club when it's so blindingly obvious and proudly displayed at Ibrox.

Ever been to Ibrox? Unionism is the main theme of Rangers FFS, why do you think everyone sings Rule Britannia at every single game? Why do you think the club organises union jack card displays and officially celebrates the Act of Unions?

So daft that some folk try to deny that Rangers is a unionist club when it's so blindingly obvious and proudly displayed at Ibrox.

Some of our own fans would love to rewrite history if the could.

Ever been to Ibrox? Unionism is the main theme of Rangers FFS, why do you think everyone sings Rule Britannia at every single game? Why do you think the club organises union jack card displays and officially celebrates the Act of Unions? So daft that some folk try to deny that Rangers is a unionist club when it's so blindingly obvious and proudly displayed at Ibrox.

AS A ST holder and have been for a very long time which make no difference in your response, however I have never sat at Ibrox and thought what should I vote in this coming election. Wait I will look at the flags and banners on display and then make a decision on how I vote, or maybe I will have a wee singalong and that might help me make my choice. Get grip, its narrow minded people like you that give us Rangers Fans bad reps. I vote whats best for me albeit Im not an SNP voter

Some of our own fans would love to rewrite history if the could.

Some of our fans just don't care about that side of supporting Rangers and that's not a new thing. My old man loved the club but didn't give two fucks about anyone's politics and he attended Ibrox for forty years. For some it's only about the football. That doesn't make them less of a fan.

AS A ST holder and have been for a very long time which make no difference in your response, however I have never sat at Ibrox and thought what should I vote in this coming election. Wait I will look at the flags and banners on display and then make a decision on how I vote, or maybe I will have a wee singalong and that might help me make my choice. Get grip, its narrow minded people like you that give us Rangers Fans bad reps. I vote whats best for me albeit Im not an SNP voter

The vast majority of Rangers fans who are against Scottish nationalism give the tiny minority who support it a bad name? Aye right then...

I'm not saying anyone should change their mind because they see others flying flags, I'm questioning why the fuck someone who hates the union would want to follow a staunchly unionist club. I'm also saying it's ludicrous for those people to suggest that Rangers have nothing to do with politics when, in fact, the connection is deep rooted.

Some of our fans just don't care about that side of supporting Rangers and that's not a new thing. My old man loved the club but didn't give two fucks about anyone's politics and he attended Ibrox for forty years. For some it's only about the football. That doesn't make them less of a fan.

I never said that it makes anyone less of a fan. But generations of our fans did care about politics so what is the problem.

I never said that it makes anyone less of a fan. But generations of our fans did care about politics so what is the problem.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, I just don't think people wanting to move on from it are trying to rewrite history.

It's just a different viewpoint.