Neil Alexander's contract

simplythebest

Still plenty of time and he's hardly the type to be away speaking to other clubs in a hurray but Alexander is the highest profile player left to be out of contract in the summer.

I've no doubt there are discussions going on and hopefully there will be pen put to paper soon, in our position and the transer embargo we couldn't hope for a better goalkeeper. As a keeper Neil at 34 still has a fair bit of time on his side, he can certainly lead us up the divisions and perhaps into the first couple of years or so in the top flight.

Get it done Ally and Charles. ;)

Neil's probably the best Keeper playing in this country. Pay no attention to the Mhanks pish about Forster being worth £10m and ready to replace Hart in the England squad. Neil took us to a Euro Cup Final and has seen us through many an Old Firm game. Get him signed (tu)

There is no rush. I like the guy and he's a reliable keeper. Not flash and pretty consistent. He also showed his loyalty so is worth another contract without doubt. He is apparently well paid at present and I would be reasonably happy to continue with that level of wage. I suspect that he will be OK about the financial aspect, it will probably be determined on the length of contract offered by us and what he expects himself. At 34, I'd go for 2 or 3 years.

He's as reliable a number 1 as we could possibly hope for at this moment in time so hopefully we can sort something out. However he was a relatively high earner so will he be willing to take a wage cut?

I'd hope so, although I suppose if he really does get a bumper offer from elsewhere I wouldn't grudge him.

He's decent but I have my reservations at times, prone to mistakes like any other and these five year contract situations ain't needed unless it's the promising youths.

I agree with this; he will not get any better offer elsewhere.Freed by his last 2 championship clubs,he knows which side his bread is buttered so should agree a new contract.