Illegal Transfer Embargo and the Panel

nachothelegend

This is really really buggingme guys.

Lets revisit this.

I remember seeing an interview of Mr Drysdale on tv , cant mind if it was STV or that other lot, but the jist of it was.

so Mr Drysdale did you recieve threats with regards your decision to impose a transfer embargo on Rangers? No was the reply , not directly .

Interviewer .Did you recieve any threats ? Eh yes I did but not directly or words to that effect.

Anyone else see this interview.

As the man was pressed to say yes.

Now this whole threats sthing was under police investigation, and no information with regards to these accusations have comeout.

I think we Rangers fans are due some humble applogies from an awful lot of people .

The media have tried to portray us as knuckledragging waisters .

Does anyone else think this should be done through the fans representatives to make this official.

Its really bugging me.

Also does anyone think this embargo should be lifted asap ,as initially it was deemed illegal through the Courts, and now with the Tax case verdict coming out then shouldnt it be reversed .

Sporting Integrity an all that.

I know we arent in a position yet to buy, but free agents over 18 would be usefull.

And its the principle of how it was imposed on us.

The only.problem is is that the embargo was a result of non payment of paye and ni nothing to do with ebts

but Craig Whytes takeover is subject to investigation by the police & crown.

So 2 valid points;

1. The embargo is punishment for rules broken by a man who may have illegally required the club and a criminal investigation is ongoing

2. The transfer was deemed illegal and not 1 of the punishments available to the tribunal

therefore,

1. no punishment should be forth coming until the criminal investigation has ran it's course, and any potential criminal trial that may follow (the FA could not investigate John Terry until criminal trial had reached a conclusion)

2. Should the criminal procedure run it's course, the SFA could then take action & do so within their own rules.

but Craig Whytes takeover is subject to investigation by the police & crown.

So 2 valid points;

1. The embargo is punishment for rules broken by a man who may have illegally required the club and a criminal investigation is ongoing

2. The transfer was deemed illegal and not 1 of the punishments available to the tribunal

therefore,

1. no punishment should be forth coming until the criminal investigation has ran it's course, and any potential criminal trial that may follow (the FA could not investigate John Terry until criminal trial had reached a conclusion)

2. Should the criminal procedure run it's course, the SFA could then take action & do so within their own rules.

Are we ignoring the part where Green accepted the embargo?

This is really really buggingme guys.

Lets revisit this.

I remember seeing an interview of Mr Drysdale on tv , cant mind if it was STV or that other lot, but the jist of it was.

so Mr Drysdale did you recieve threats with regards your decision to impose a transfer embargo on Rangers? No was the reply , not directly .

Interviewer .Did you recieve any threats ? Eh yes I did but not directly or words to that effect.

Anyone else see this interview.

As the man was pressed to say yes.

Now this whole threats sthing was under police investigation, and no information with regards to these accusations have comeout.

I think we Rangers fans are due some humble applogies from an awful lot of people .

The media have tried to portray us as knuckledragging waisters .

Does anyone else think this should be done through the fans representatives to make this official.

Its really bugging me.

Also does anyone think this embargo should be lifted asap ,as initially it was deemed illegal through the Courts, and now with the Tax case verdict coming out then shouldnt it be reversed .

Sporting Integrity an all that.

I know we arent in a position yet to buy, but free agents over 18 would be usefull.

And its the principle of how it was imposed on us.

It was Whyte bringing the game into disrepute that the embargo was for. Nothing to do with the EBT's.

Why not fight it after the event? Accept it purely.on the basis of Sfa membership and then fight the embargo? NOTHING has been done.

i think Green may be worried about an SFA backlash - remember one of the options open to the panel was suspension... would you put it past the SFA kicking us out for a year?

The whole thing stinks.

i think Green may be worried about an SFA backlash - remember one of the options open to the panel was suspension... would you put it past the SFA kicking us out for a year?

The whole thing stinks.

The SFA wouldn't open that can of worms imo. A one year ban may have been the point which possibly saw us join the English pyramid. If we were in England, unlikely as it may seem but we can say that about a LOT.of things that have became reality, can you imagine the efforts Celtic would ave made to join us? Scottish football would have been in a far worse position than it is now.

The SFA wouldn't open that can of worms imo. A one year ban may have been the point which possibly saw us join the English pyramid. If we were in England, unlikely as it may seem but we can say that about a LOT.of things that have became reality, can you imagine the efforts Celtic would ave made to join us? Scottish football would have been in a far worse position than it is now.

Then for what reason do you suggest Green accepted the embargo after going to the lengths of taking the case to court?

Then for what reason do you suggest Green accepted the embargo after going to the lengths of taking the case to court?

Overturn the embargo and then put the club in a position to recover sizeable damages from the Sfa for restricting our ability to trade and also to independently highlight the agenda which tainted every aspect of Scottish football. We are the ONLY show on town and the current restructuring talks only further highlight that. Without us Celtic are nothing. Without us Scottish football is nothing. Instead of being gracious at being allowed to even take the field we should be leading the way.

I think Mr Green will just get on with it and happily not sign anyone for a year as it has up sides to it. A low wage basis for a year that allows out goings to be accurately predicted for big investers, no moneys spent on transfers means it sits in the bank getting interrest, focus on youth and the improvement can be turned to cash if sold and it is a card he can play in negociations with the SFA about how he accepted an illegal embargo. If the reconstruction of Scottish football is not to his liking he can trot this out as further evidence about how it is one rule for Rangers and another for everyone else. I still would not rule out him trying to get us in to England and using this with UEFA about how Rangers can not trust the SFA to act fairly towards us so we need to change associations. I just think he is playing the long game now that the club is on an even keel and this is more powder to his gun.

I raised this point with Mr Green when he was in Belfast.

I made the point that Rangers had had to accept an illegal 12 month transfer embargo to be granted a licence.However as Rangers were effectively banned from signing players until the end of july they had already served two months of this sanction and should be allowed to sign players from the end of june next year.

He accepted my point but said that he had no choice but to accept some sanctions to obtain a licence.

We had this blackmailed to us by the SPL. Legally it was thrown out - just as the BTC was - but was re added as a further ad-hoc punishement on Rangers because we wouldn't admit to any wrongdoing re the EBT's. Time has shown that we were correct to do this.

At the time this was provided by Malcolm Murray:

Malcolm Murray, chairman of the new Rangers, stressed that no agreement had yet been signed.

"The choice is stark - take sanctions or risk not playing football at all," he said.

"We do not wish to gamble with the club's future. So, under duress, we have taken the difficult decision to accept some sanctions in order to move forward.

We were in an extremely weak position then. Following recent events re the BTC, we are in a much stronger position and (amazingly) we have far more positive press at the moment than we have had this year.

So echoing Mark Hateley in todays DR -

I still dont see any justifyable reason for this illegal transfer ban to be in place and the supporters and Charles Green should call for it to be immediatley lifted.

If we are going to fight back then lets get the law working in our favour and get the pressure back on the SPL