Youths Outplayed

Elfideldo

I know of people not accepting places for their kids with us because they believe that although the training facilities are top notch, what is being taught and how is nothing short of rubbish.

It's just a pure laugh apparently,

The coaching development system needs to toughen up and modernise.

Totally agree. There needs to be a complete clearout at Murray park. The system of coaching is a laughing stock amongst other teams.

Some of those that have never watched a youth game in their puff tell us everything is great because a couple of players have played 3rd division football. SIX of Killie's team yesterday have played in the SPL, more of a concern is how Mark O'Hara, Mark Taylor and Chris Johnston have developed since Sinky decided they weren't good enough.

A good pic of the three stooges on the official site

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/galler...th-cup-gallery

Where as they are quick to promote themselves on the back of a win or when a player is called up for international duty, there is no surprise that none of them have any comment to make about yesterday's game.

Some of those that have never watched a youth game in their puff tell us everything is great because a couple of players have played 3rd division football. SIX of Killie's team yesterday have played in the SPL, more of a concern is how Mark O'Hara, Mark Taylor and Chris Johnston have developed since Sinky decided they weren't good enough.

http://www.rangers.c....th-cup-gallery

Where as they are quick to promote themselves on the back of a win or when a player is called up for international duty, there is no surprise that none of them have any comment to make about yesterday's game.

Great post mate. Our youth set up makes me so angry. All three have made it to Killies first team squads with a couple of them having firs team experience already under Shiels. Did we let all 3 go?

http://www.rangers.c....th-cup-gallery

Thanks as always for the reports.

Until JS BK & TW are held accountable for the obvious regression in the YD then we both know nothing will change.

We discussed the fact that JS would use the promotion of some youth players as a sign of progression rather than as a result of our present circumstances back in August.

What role does Craig Mulholland have in the setup at present. remember him being a community coach years ago.

Thanks in advance.

while we are having a go at the Un 20s

Do you think the team would have been stronger with McLEOD Aird McKay Crawford Naismith (I guess they all qualify)

Most of seem quite happy with the development of those players.

Does that suggest the standard is not as bad as this results indicates?

The core of the Un 20s are now in the first team squad.

Who is Sinclairs boss?

I'd imagine his immediate boss is another position above his at the academy. Perhaps, you meant overall, that would currently mean Charles Green is his boss. You have your reasons and opinions on Ally, but you can't blame him for this one. You can blame Sinclair, his immediate boss at the academy or even Charles Green for keeping him in employment, but, I repeat you cannot blame Ally for this one.

;)

I'd imagine his immediate boss is another position above his at the academy. Perhaps, you meant overall, that would currently mean Charles Green is his boss. You have your reasons and opinions on Ally, but you can't blame him for this one. You can blame Sinclair, his immediate boss at the academy or even Charles Green for keeping him in employment, but, I repeat you cannot blame Ally for this one.

;)

Is there a position at the academy higher than Director of Academy as you said he was?

I am sure Charles leaves footballing matters upto his manager, as by his own admission, Charles knows nothing about football so it would be silly to think he would be the man hiring and firing the very people who are teaching our future players and rearing those who will eventually play under the first team coach. If Ally wanted Celtic supporting and boyhood friend Sinclair sacked, he would be gone. By the same token if Ally wanted his friend and coach Ian Durrant sacked, he would also be gone. I very much hold the failings of our youth department at the door of our football manager, as it was under Dick Advocaat, Alex McLeish, Paul Le Guen and Walter Smith.

while we are having a go at the Un 20s

Do you think the team would have been stronger with McLEOD Aird McKay Crawford Naismith (I guess they all qualify)

Most of seem quite happy with the development of those players.

Does that suggest the standard is not as bad as this results indicates?

The core of the Un 20s are now in the first team squad.

Those players have been part of our humiliating start to life in the third division and some also played in our capitulation to Inverness in front of our own fans no less, so no mate. (tu)

Is there a position at the academy higher than Director of Academy as you said he was?

........ I very much hold the failings of our youth department at the door of our football manager, as it was under Dick Advocaat, Alex McLeish, Paul Le Guen and Walter Smith.

So will you give Ally the credit for producing the likes of Macleod and Aird?

Edit: I saw your reply to another post about these players. I know your answer. (tu)

Sinclair is the Head of Youth at Auchenhowie,there is no-one above him.

(tu) I didn't know. I thought there might have been a Director of Football or something like that above him. Very worrying if he has the final say on everything regarding our academy.

Naismith is too old the others could have played and of course the team would have been stronger, I guess you haven't actually been at Murray Park and watched our youth teams, if you do you might get a shock. We didn't go out of the youth cup yesterday we were humiliated by a Kilmarnock side that has lost 5-0 (St. Mirren), 3-0 (Hibs), 3-0 (Hearts) in their last three U20 games.

You could say Killie were on average a year older and seven of them had played in the SPL, but it wasn't a narrow defeat, but 2nd heaviest in youth cup history. In the same week a 17's side were totally out played by Falkirk losing 3-1 and a 14's side were fortunate to only lose 3-2 to Queen's Park.

There are good prospects in the 17's and 18's but due to the club's decision on what competitiions they would play in this season competative football for a significant number of these players is effectively over for this season. How can that aid their development ?

Naismith is too old the others could have played and of course the team would have been stronger, I guess you haven't actually been at Murray Park and watched our youth teams, if you do you might get a shock. We didn't go out of the youth cup yesterday we were humiliated by a Kilmarnock side that has lost 5-0 (St. Mirren), 3-0 (Hibs), 3-0 (Hearts) in their last three U20 games.

You could say Killie were on average a year older and seven of them had played in the SPL, but it wasn't a narrow defeat, but 2nd heaviest in youth cup history. In the same week a 17's side were totally out played by Falkirk losing 3-1 and a 14's side were fortunate to only lose 3-2 to Queen's Park.

There are good prospects in the 17's and 18's but due to the club's decision on what competitiions they would play in this season competative football for a significant number of these players is effectively over for this season.How can that aid their development ?

I read the last youth report you posted. Like keeping as up-to-date as I can with our youth teams. (tu)

To your question, it won't. But in regards to competitive youth games this season we had other more pressing concerns to deal with first. Hopefully we are working hard on plans for next season, and beyond, now we are on a more secure footing.

There are good prospects in the 17's and 18's but due to the club's decision on what competitiions they would play in this season competative football for a significant number of these players is effectively over for this season. How can that aid their development ?

Who decided what competitions we entered.

Surely not the HOY

All goes back to the other thread about youth players, if we get the right coaches in and teach players to be footballers then we will see a marked improvement, otherwise we will be relying on a hit and miss system where for every good player that gets first team football, we have 2 or 3 that fall by the wayside or go to other clubs and improve