WARNING - Unless you want a criminal record, THINK before you POST

boss

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'A matter of opinion. What is offensive to you might not be offensive to others. People should be entitled to freedom of expression and freedom of thought. '

Practically nothing posted on here is offensive to me. Perhaps 'offensive' is too subjective a term - I should have said unacceptable.

Along with other football forums, we have been contacted by the Football Co-ordination Unit for Scotland (FoCUS) several times in recent weeks requesting details of posters following complaints about threatening or offensive posts. Our response in each case has been to contact the poster and suggest they may wish to contact FoCUS voluntarily. On each occasion the posters have done so.

We are aware of ongoing cases where posters on football forums have been charged, and may end up with criminal records as a result of their posts.

FoCUS are satisfied with our approach but they have stated that where they do not receive assistance they are likely to seek a warrant to obtain all details that RM hold of that poster. At RM we do not have the resources, legal or financial, to deal with warrants or to fight such cases through the courts. It is therefore imperative that every poster understands they are responsible for their own posts.

We cannot overemphasize how serious this matter is.

Unless you want a criminal record, THINK before you POST.

Waste of tax payers money!

From Wikipedia:

United Kingdom citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law.[62] In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic law under the Human Rights Act. However there is a broad sweep of exceptions including threatening, abusive, or insulting speech or behavior likely to cause a breach of the peace (which has been used to prohibit racist speech targeted at individuals),[63][64] incitement,[65] incitement to racial hatred,[66] incitement to religious hatred, incitement to terrorism including encouragement of terrorism and dissemination of terrorist publications,[65][67] glorifying terrorism,[68][69] collection or possession of information likely to be of use to a terrorist,[70][71] treason including imagining the death of the monarch,[72] sedition,[72] obscenity, indecency including corruption of public morals and outraging public decency,[73] defamation,[74] prior restraint, restrictions on court reporting including names of victims and evidence and prejudicing or interfering with court proceedings,[75][76] prohibition of post-trial interviews with jurors,[76] scandalising the court by criticising or murmuring judges,[76][77] time, manner, and place restrictions,[78] harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, and limitations on commercial speech such as advertising.

Ok, I got my last post deleted as I guess I went a little over in my denouncement of the kafflick church particularly, the top bod who hides all the kiddy fiddling. Apologies to the Admin/Mods for that :)

I highlighted the bit I thought was of most interest in the freedom of speech stuff - we can't call them murdering fuckpigs but they are allowed to glorify the terrorists and put banners up and get away with it. One rule for Scotland as long as it's only against Rangers?

I will try tone down my retorts from now on. Just riles me - am ex armed forces and served my time in Belfast during the troubles.... Hate the feckin scum

From Wikipedia:

United Kingdom citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law.[62] In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic law under the Human Rights Act. However there is a broad sweep of exceptions including threatening, abusive, or insulting speech or behavior likely to cause a breach of the peace (which has been used to prohibit racist speech targeted at individuals),[63][64] incitement,[65] incitement to racial hatred,[66] incitement to religious hatred, incitement to terrorism including encouragement of terrorism and dissemination of terrorist publications,[65][67] glorifying terrorism,[68][69] collection or possession of information likely to be of use to a terrorist,[70][71] treason including imagining the death of the monarch,[72] sedition,[72] obscenity, indecency including corruption of public morals and outraging public decency,[73] defamation,[74] prior restraint, restrictions on court reporting including names of victims and evidence and prejudicing or interfering with court proceedings,[75][76] prohibition of post-trial interviews with jurors,[76] scandalising the court by criticising or murmuring judges,[76][77] time, manner, and place restrictions,[78] harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, and limitations on commercial speech such as advertising.

Ok, I got my last post deleted as I guess I went a little over in my denouncement of the kafflick church particularly, the top bod who hides all the kiddy fiddling. Apologies to the Admin/Mods for that :)

I highlighted the bit I thought was of most interest in the freedom of speech stuff - we can't call them murdering fuckpigs but they are allowed to glorify the terrorists and put banners up and get away with it. One rule for Scotland as long as it's only against Rangers?

I will try tone down my retorts from now on. Just riles me - am ex armed forces and served my time in Belfast during the troubles.... Hate the feckin scum

I think it riles us all.

Calling an overweight person a fat bastard, is equally as discriminatory as calling someone who claims to be religious - with catholicism being their chosen religion - a catholic bastard - yet only one of the insults is illegal.

However, we cannot change the law, we can only try and stay on the right side of it.

Think before you post.

Can't believe I have to create a sandbox, set up 5 proxies and piggy-back on my neighbours wifi just to come on here and say 'Fuck the Pope'.

It's not so much the limits applied by the gov'ment to my rights to offend in this 'ethical vacuum' that is the internet... It's more the inconvenience.