WARNING - Unless you want a criminal record, THINK before you POST

boss

Just when ye think it can`t get any pettier , its ok for certain people with agenda`s to write and print total lie after lie with no come backs , even the depicting of our Manager jumping from the top of Ibrox was only meant as a send up of the series Mad Men which there was no obvious connection with football or Rangers football club but that`s ok why let taste get in the way of having a dig at our great club .

We need to get this mob out at the next election or we are going to end up in some camp getting a gas shower .

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest that the type of individual that goes out of their way to report to FOCUS is already a member on this site and as many others as possible.

Yes you are probably right. I agree some of the posts need reigned in a bit anyway.

Still don't see any reason for non-members to be able to view posts though.

My advice would be just think what you are writing, think of the context of what you are writing.

If you call somebody a fenian, make sure you have cause to believe this and are using the term correctly in reference to their political beliefs, not the fact they support Celtic.

Just engage the brain as to where the line is. If you do this, you've nothing to worry about.

Thats the probalem thought mate. The "line" is very subjective and open to be loked at in a number of ways.

I am happy with EVERYTHING i post on here and request that NONE of my posts are removed.

If it comes to it, I will fight it in court :)

If someone's asked forgive me.

Is there any way possible the site can be made a little harder to join.

I have no idea what the criteria would be but a little proactive management of the people wishing to join may stop the trolls joining.

With over 30,000 members that's logistically not possible. It might be possible if we restricted membership to, say, 1,000 known bears. But that's not RM - and who's to say we'd let you be one of those 1,000 anyway? :lol:

Those who want to be offended and report posts to FoCUS will simply join up. Indeed some may already be members. Banning non members from viewing will serve no useful purpose with regards to FoCUS.

I disagree mate.

If only registered users can see posts, then it would cut down on the amount of taigs reading the site, therefor cut down the amount of complaints received.

So what is to be classed as offensive? threats I can understand to a point.

There's more harm and damage done in typing lies and inuendo than there is in typeing an offensive word or phrase.. but hey lies and inuendo are ok

What's that old saying?....If you can't stand the heat, keep oot the kitchen

Sad to read that scottish law has descended to this level. Where free speech is now under attack.

As has been said in a previous post, it seems that is aimed at football fans, because some of the drivel and malicious garbage that is printed in the media is called investigative journalism and freedom of the press.

e.g. the concerted and malicious attacks on this club by various sections of the media.

While I have no desire to cause problems for RM but how would this law affect overseas bears posting on this or any other site.

Doesn't affect me mate, I live in a proper democratic country, not some police state

And this is precisely what happens when you have an open forum where Tims can get all offended and get you done.

And maybe somewhere down the line sites, groups and individuals might just grow the backbone required to fight these draconian laws.

For if they don't then they will get worse.

I've thought long and hard about this and have come to the conclusion that I must say what I think.

Fuck FoCUS.

I bought one of those self-assembly plastic garden storage units from them and it's been a fucking nightmare from the off.

I asked for my money back and the cheeky bastard at the customer service desk (a misnomer if ever there was one) told me, "Fuck off....we don't do money back!"

Yes, them and this 'other' fucking Fo-CUSS (geddit?) can go and take a fucking running rubber duck to themselves. :pipe:

An episode of Still Game has the following script.

Wonder if they will get investigated?

lol

Boaby"You shouldny be playing cairds in here"

Winston "Cards, Boaby we'r playing cards no cairds, cairds is what yi play cards wi

Victor "Must remain focused"

Boaby "Oh I'll focus you, right oot the door"

Jack "A na Boaby that's garbage patter, focus you oot the door, you cany just take a word slip it inty a sentence and pass that off excellent patter. See yr got tae be clever wia it for instance

Victor I'll focus ma boot on yer arse

Jack see that's very good

Winstion[finger swaging] Focus on that yi old buffer

Jack See that's cruder but still is effective

Eric Away and take a flying focus tae yersel

Watch out Eric, they are on to you lol

I disagree mate.

If only registered users can see posts, then it would cut down on the amount of taigs reading the site, therefor cut down the amount of complaints received.

The logical extension of what you say is that people who go out of their way to be offended and spend time reporting posts to FoCUS wouldn't be prepared to spend ten seconds signing up as a member. I think they would and they do.

I've thought long and hard about this and have come to the conclusion that I must say what I think.

Fuck FoCUS.

I bought one of those self-assembly plastic garden storage units from them and it's been a fucking nightmare from the off.

I asked for my money back and the cheeky bastard at the customer service desk (a misnomer if ever there was one) told me, "Fuck off....we don't do money back!"

Yes, them and this 'other' fucking Fo-CUSS (geddit?) can go and take a fucking running rubber duck to themselves. :pipe:

Fuck FoCUS.

I think many people take this PC thing to extremes. It's said in many of our forums that they are allowed to call us h**ns but we can't call them anything otherwise they will cwy and cwy until the nasty man is locked up.

Try standing up for your rights. You have the right to an opinion and the right to stand on the corner of Hyde Park (should you so wish) screaming your opinion out. The more you allow these fun police to come out with drivel like this, the less rights you, as British citizens, have.

The logical extension of what you say is that people who go out of their way to be offended and spend time reporting posts to FoCUS wouldn't be prepared to spend ten seconds signing up as a member. I think they would and they do.

Fair enough mate, I disagree that making the site private wont make a difference. But opinions are like arseholes..........

And this is precisely what happens when you have an open forum where Tims can get all offended and get you done.

Yes, that's one of the downsides. All the sites have their pros and cons and it's up to individuals to choose a site or sites that suits them.

For instance, being so open allows a breadth of opinion that's not necessarily available on all sites. For some folk that's a good thing. For others it's not. In true presbyterian style, that's freedom of choice.

but would they all sign up, or are some taken advantage of the simplicity of viewing rangers fans? Also when they complain to focus they must surely use their true identities. if we minimize the amount who view posts then patterns of viewing then complaining will show at focus and reduce the amounts of complaints that will be accepted over time, as complainers show their true motives. When complainies are asked by focus why they were viewing posts on other sites they can state the came accross these posts when simply using google. Having to admit they joined up as members on a rangers forum reduces their complaint. If you dont like it dont sign up especially using fake emails etc.

Free speech?

Our American cousins have that one sorted.

A Court in South Carolina made the following judgment (the case had to do with music, etc., but the principal still holds) where it was pointed out that the United States Constitution;

"Absolutely guarantees the right to free speech but offers no protection against being offended. Everyone has the right to walk away if what they are hearing makes them uncomfortable."

To put this into a RangersMedia (or any fans' site) context; "If you don't like what you're reading.....fuck off out of it!"

It doesn't really get any clearer. :pipe:

Here is your answer - and it works.

https://www.torproject.org/

Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location. Tor works with many of your existing applications, including web browsers, instant messaging clients, remote login, and other applications based on the TCP protocol.

It also cuts down (read completely removes) the amount we donate to charity and cut down the resources we have server wise as we can't afford either without guest traffic.

We're just about to donate £5k to charity, and have had to spend over a grand getting the site back up and running. We couldn't do this without guest traffic.

if these guests are made up of people who are purposefully seeking gers fans to hassle because of their perseived religious beliefs as i believe it is, then making money from them even for charity is a very saddening statement, which makes me have to think about what forum i use.

It also cuts down (read completely removes) the amount we donate to charity and cut down the resources we have server wise as we can't afford either without guest traffic.

We're just about to donate £5k to charity, and have had to spend over a grand getting the site back up and running. We couldn't do this without guest traffic.

There in lies the problem. Keeping a site this size going takes quite a bit of cash (ie £5-6k a year). We don't have any other way of making money other than advertising.

Given these new Draconian rules, maybe it's time to revisit WHY the site exists.

Is it a chatroom for like-minded Rangers supporters (like an internet pub/club/members-only type lounge) or is it a fund-raising site doing good works for charity?

Sadly, Badger, with these new restrictions one of the above may need to be sacrificed. :(

Given these new Draconian rules, maybe it's time to revisit WHY the site exists.

Is it a chatroom for like-minded Rangers supporters (like an internet pub/club/members-only type lounge) or is it a fund-raising site doing good works for charity?

Sadly, Badger, with these new restrictions one of the above may need to be sacrificed. :(

I'd pay an annual subscription of up to £25 if it meant the site was locked to Bears only.