WARNING - Unless you want a criminal record, THINK before you POST

boss

can focus explain why over 50% of there football related charges dont lead to convictions?

Is this because they are misunderstanding their mandate?

or is this because they are confused on what is actually illegal?

focus for me have no credability since they have sat back and did nothing about people who are spending their lives trying to dig up any dirt they can on rangers and posting it on blogs online which leads to true social unrest. If you had stepped up and arrested people in the media who label us cheats and accuse us of signing bigoted songs when it is easily proved to be false, i would have faith you were a power for good but alas..

I don't want to come across as defending FoCUS, their application of their powers or the law concerned. Hopefully you can see from my posts I'm as frustrated by this as anyone. Nobody wants to read ludicrously offensive posts, but for kids to be given criminal records for daft posts (some of which frankly I don't think are that bad) is very harsh.

FoCUS don't decide what is and isn't taken to court, they have an initial look and present the evidence to the procurator fiscal, who will decide if it proceeds or not. Not everyone who has been contacted by FoCUS has ended up charged or arrested. I'd stress that if FoCUS are looking to talk to you, it is better for you to contact them than to have them knock on your door...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I think we as Rangers fans let ourselves down. We could be a lot more active in reporting the mhopes for posting a load of sectarian drivel, but there seems to be a reluctance to prosecute or charge for one side than t'other at the moment.

Question: You have an account on RM. You live in a house with 3 other people, being your family. You post something that a tim complains about. They track your IP address and come to your door. They confirm that the desktop in the house was used to post said offending post. How do they prove who wrote it? If you deny it, thats the end, as for all they know it could have been a visitor. To me, most of these guys who have been caught and prosecuted have admitted it, which is never a good idea. The other option is also to have wireless with no password.

So far as we have been told, FoCUS don't go looking for trouble - they act on complaints received.

might take an afternoon off this week and sit & complain about every poster sing the word 'h*n' on other forums.... :lol:

or maybe we could do a planned pre-emptive, co-ordinated strike, RM posters allocated a few boards each. AFC-chat surely has some bile, we'll hit that first.

I don't want to come across as defending FoCUS, their application of their powers or the law concerned. Hopefully you can see from my posts I'm as frustrated by this as anyone. Nobody wants to read ludicrously offensive posts, but for kids to be given criminal records for daft posts (some of which frankly I don't think are that bad) is very harsh.

FoCUS don't decide what is and isn't taken to court, they have an initial look and present the evidence to the procurator fiscal, who will decide if it proceeds or not. Not everyone who has been contacted by FoCUS has ended up charged or arrested. I'd stress that if FoCUS are looking to talk to you, it is better for you to contact them than to have them knock on your door...

understand your position completely and dont envy you.

My point is more for focus, and to help other members realise the posts dont have to be very shocking all they have to do to get focus to react is let some maniac who is surfing other clubs websites looking to get offended complain his reasons for doing so can be varied.

Focus put more people forward to the prosecuter fiscal who are innocent of any wrong doing than they do guilty. Unfortunately for the innocent people concerned they have to go through the stress and hurt of being labeled a criminal sometimes all the way to court, and focus dont seem to be taking this on board and altering how they process with complaints

Got to agree with the Admin here lads! There are folk out there shitting themselfs about losing jobs etc due to this bullshit! Its really not worth it. Fuck losing everything you have worked for due to these deranged mhanks! They literally go through post after post looking to be offended and then report it!

If you post something fire a wee emoticon at the end or whatever! However as bawdeep says as well, don't fecking admit it If it can't be proved beyond reasonable doubt that it was you who posted it!

All in the name of a silly wee guy in a hat who watches over a huge paedophile ring

It would be very interesting to have an outline of what FoCUS consider against the law. A reminder of how "narrow" the definition is could be a useful refresher for "at risk" posters.

A game can only be played fairly when everyone knows the rules...

We're giving as much of a heads up as we can.

I don't think anyone should be looking to stretch the rules until any more is said.

Got to agree with the Admin here lads! There are folk out there shitting themselfs about losing jobs etc due to this bullshit! Its really not worth it. Fuck losing everything you have worked for due to these deranged mhanks! They literally go through post after post looking to be offended and then report it!

If you post something fire a wee emoticon at the end or whatever! However as bawdeep says as well, don't fecking admit it If it can't be proved beyond reasonable doubt that it was you who posted it!

All in the name of a silly wee guy in a hat who watches over a huge paedophile ring

would it not be worth it to ban non members reading posts? I understand they can give false name etc and join but it would cut the number of people who can just make complaints becuase their bigots.

In line with what RICKY is saying re the h** comment - so the words typically used on here to decribe the lot across the city are "taig" or "tim" etc. Are you saying that should be stopped in case someone complains about it as they could find it offensive?

Half the RM members would be the subject of a Focus inverstigation - as would the other bunch who no doubt use a variety of lovely phrases to describe us.

would it not be worth it to ban non members reading posts? I understand they can give false name etc and join but it would cut the number of people who can just make complaints becuase their bigots.

In all honesty mate if I were running RM I would tighten it up! There are 4 or 5 guys posting with near on a thousand posts or more who are iffy as fuck! I'll not say who but one of the admin agreed that one seemed to be rather iffy and he had/has over 1300 posts! He may have been banned as I haven't seen him post in the last week or so!

I don't know how easy it is to close the doors as such as there are registered taigs who don't post and if you deleted those 1s you'd still have the obsessed ones who do post!

ironically, i'd say this post is probably borderline falling foul of the thought police.

In line with what RICKY is saying re the h** comment - so the words typically used on here to decribe the lot across the city are "taig" or "tim" etc. Are you saying that should be stopped in case someone complains about it as they could find it offensive?

Half the RM members would be the subject of a Focus inverstigation - as would the other bunch who no doubt use a variety of lovely phrases to describe us.

You can call them taigs, fenians, tarriers just don't add cunt or bastard to it

Sad to read that scottish law has descended to this level. Where free speech is now under attack.

As has been said in a previous post, it seems that is aimed at football fans, because some of the drivel and malicious garbage that is printed in the media is called investigative journalism and freedom of the press.

e.g. the concerted and malicious attacks on this club by various sections of the media.

While I have no desire to cause problems for RM but how would this law affect overseas bears posting on this or any other site.