SFA to meet on Thursday regarding boycott

Captain Hilts

They can't force you to go and follow Rangers at Ibrox or away. It is your choice how you spend your money and the SFA can't come to your house and tell you to go to Dundee. Mr Green has made his statement based on security and safety, the SFA will not state, "never mind safety the Rangers surport have to go and give Dundee Hibs the money". The law would step in and so would UEFA. Our obligation is to play the match on the set date, not to provide supporters in a fixed number or as a percentage. Dundee Hibs and Rangers are obliged by law to consider the health and safety of those who come to the match, Mr Green is meeting that obligation.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is if they change the rules and don't give us the cash,CG will hopefully go after them in court and sue the scum to the ends of the earth.

Also,surely UEFA and FIFA can then investigate the Sinn Fein Apologists to see if they are fit for purpose.

The good will overcome evil.

Would be short-sighted in the extreme to change that rule as surely it goes in our favour in the future when we get a home draw and don't have to share ticket income?

He only advised the fans.

And on the perfectly reasonable and irrefutable grounds of safety. What with all the rumours of rival supporters all turning up to protest outside the stadium, it would have been negligent of CG to do otherwise.

But it's the SFA we're talking about here, not reason.

And on the perfectly reasonable and irrefutable grounds of safety. What with all the rumours of rival supporters all turning up to protest outside the stadium, it would have been negligent of CG to do otherwise.

Hope our lawyers will be ready to pounce if they try their rubbish.

I fully support this stance by Rangers fans and CG even although I'm not in a position to attend anyway.

Regardless of what rule the SFA changes it would be difficult to be labelled bigotry. Instead unmitigated bastardry may be a more fitting label.

Rangers fans have already shown how far we are prepared to go in defence of our club. I would hope they are not stupid enough to provoke further retaliation from us by invoking some petty interpretation of the rules. WATP

The issue of refusing tickets for "visiting" fans is not a new one. European ties against Leeds and Man Utd are recent examples when the club refused the allocation for our supporters. Slightly different circumstances, which had the agreement of both clubs and UEFA, however the precedent can not be ignored as fans safety was the reasoning was used then as it is now.

Any sensible person can see that.

A horrific consequence of our actions has just occurred to me! Dundee Hibs may boycott us! How will we survive without their vast hordes of supporters coming to Ibrox but if the have to produce 12% then we may just survive on 4 and ½ of them turning up.

A horrific consequence of our actions has just occurred to me! Dundee Hibs may boycott us! How will we survive without their vast hordes of supporters coming to Ibrox but if the have to produce 12% then we may just survive on 4 and ½ of them turning up.

Yes the poor minibus company will be hard hit :rolleyes:

That is fine and I might be wrong fair enough if I am but I could also be correct though.

I couldn't find the SFA Scottish Cup rules online. I think I recall seeing a recent article which stated that clubs were entitled to 12% of the tickets as a minimum but it didn't say any club HAD to take that number or any tickets at all.

We would need to pay for any allocation we take, even if we don't sell them.

So if we don't sell them we lose out?......If Dundee Hibs were coming to Ibrox and wanted say 5000 tickets and they sold only 2000 they would be charged for the other 3000?

Cant see that happening, clubs would not risk losing the money. If it is the case just ask for a dozen and don't sell them!

Lets accept the the tickets. Open the ticket office on 25th December Between 9am and 10pm and limit the allocation to 1 per person

Or even better say I never bought one because I asked Santa for one and he never gave me one because he said I was a bad boy/girl because I support Rangers!

So if we don't sell them we lose out?......If Dundee Hibs were coming to Ibrox and wanted say 5000 tickets and they sold only 2000 they would be charged for the other 3000?

Cant see that happening, clubs would not risk losing the money. If it is the case just ask for a dozen and don't sell them!

It is in the Rules of the SC. If a visiting club returns tickets, they have to pay for them. If the home club then manage to sell them, the visiting club get some money back.

I couldn't find the SFA Scottish Cup rules online. I think I recall seeing a recent article which stated that clubs were entitled to 12% of the tickets as a minimum but it didn't say any club HAD to take that number or any tickets at all.

Seems like I'm wrong then glad to be corrected thanks (tu)

:lol:

We would need to pay for any allocation we take, even if we don't sell them.

Wasn't it you who posted the rules yesterday which state unsold tickets are returned to the home club 24 hours before kick off?

Sorry if out of context haven't been keeping up with the thread.

Just a thought ,, but what is the rule regarding having to play the fixture if they decide to change/make up new rules to try and punish us again? This game is being shown live on SKY SPORTS,, I'm assuming there will be a rule that says we have to play it,, is there?? Just curious,, would be a proper 2 finger salute and do we really give a shit about the SFA's show piece Cup.

On another note I read somewhere that as far as policing goes,, there is a minimum of 250 and if we where to accept that then the home club would have to then pay for FULL policing for the match,,,if thats true that would cost them even more than those tickets worth,,, so if the SFA where to say take no tickets , gers get no money,, maybe we should take the 250 and screw em for full policing and get our cut??