RST Board respond to malicious email.

It was always my intention to buy direct, which I did earlier this week, but at the same time I thought the RST model was a good idea for fans who couldn't afford the £500. Admittedly I didn't look at the RST model in any great detail until today. They are basically asking punters to take a leap of faith in an organisation which represents less than 1% of our fan base (1% is being generous!) and is shrouded in mystery and mistrust.

Fan ownership is a utopian dream, in my opinion. Even if the RST were to get enough shares to have a significant voice within RFC the size of membership would dictate that there would be a sizeable number of members who wouldn't agree with the party line and would be left disenfranchised by the very organisation they handed power to.

It would be more realistic for ordinary shareholders to reach a consensus on issues through debate on open forums such as RM. Topics could be discussed, analysed, points and counter points aired. This would allow individuals to get their point across and maybe influence others in how they vote and equally would allow other members to try to influence the first individual in to reviewing their stance.

Now some may argue that this is also a utopian pipe dream but I think it is a more practical and realistic way of having 'fan power' involved at the club than the RST option. Judging by some of the bitching that goes on in here it may be difficult to have open discussions on sensitive topics but it still a far better option than the RST.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I'm sure the trust is full of good intentions, I've already had a very poor experience with them historically. And handing £500 to Green and Co does not sit comfortably with me - I basically don't trust them as yet and I'm particularly dissatisfied they may yet profit hugely from their involvement.

Perhaps some have forgotten that if Green and Co walk away with, say, a £10m profit then that's ten million our club will never see.

I'm going to buy my shares after the IPO.

Would you prefer they walked away with a loss?

A profit means the club is thriving - it's a basic principle of business

Anyone who knows better please feel free to correct the following because I am most probably talking out my arse.

The reason the I P O sale is a minimum of pounds 500 is the club is selling shares in blocks no smaller than 700 odd yes?

So if me and say 5 mates wanted to go in together and buy one of these share blocks would we be able to split them up between us?

to everyone who doesn't have £500 - my advice if you want to busy shares is you chip in with mates on a supporters bus or whatever, people who have more like minded opinions and can club together the money needed so maybe 4 or 5 of you split the £500 fee.

Anyone who knows better please feel free to correct the following because I am most probably talking out my arse.

The reason the I P O sale is a minimum of pounds 500 is the club is selling shares in blocks no smaller than 700 odd yes?

So if me and say 5 mates wanted to go in together and buy one of there share blocks would we be able to split them up between us?

only one name can be on the share sheet as i understand it, but you and 4 mates could nominate who holds the share.

And meanwhile in the real world.......

Feel free to pat their backs for cashing in - is that real world enough for you?

Having a desire for Rangers to retain all revenues and profits for the benefit of Rangers shouldn't be a pipe-dream.

And whilst I enjoy Greens digs and colourful comments as much as the next man - I really do not like his inconsistencies. As I said before, I do not trust him and his as yet.

Yet we had Fury on here telling folk if they buy from investors after the date the money won't go to club. That statement is more detromental to their scheme than any sceptic could ever do.

He's right though, once the share has been issued any further transfer does nothing for the club. Where that is misleadin is that by that point any cash the company wished to raise from that share has already been raised.

It was always my intention to buy direct, which I did earlier this week, but at the same time I thought the RST model was a good idea for fans who couldn't afford the £500. Admittedly I didn't look at the RST model in any great detail until today. They are basically asking punters to take a leap of faith in an organisation which represents less than 1% of our fan base (1% is being generous!) and is shrouded in mystery and mistrust.

Fan ownership is a utopian dream, in my opinion. Even if the RST were to get enough shares to have a significant voice within RFC the size of membership would dictate that there would be a sizeable number of members who wouldn't agree with the party line and would be left disenfranchised by the very organisation they handed power to.

It would be more realistic for ordinary shareholders to reach a consensus on issues through debate on open forums such as RM. Topics could be discussed, analysed, points and counter points aired. This would allow individuals to get their point across and maybe influence others in how they vote and equally would allow other members to try to influence the first individual in to reviewing their stance.

Now some may argue that this is also a utopian pipe dream but I think it is a more practical and realistic way of having 'fan power' involved at the club than the RST option. Judging by some of the bitching that goes on in here it may be difficult to have open discussions on sensitive topics but it still a far better option than the RST.

Same mate until I read the uproar on Facebook/Twitter and Boss's post's last night so I won't be giving £125 for nothing in return and unfortunetly I can't afford the £500 at this time of year with 2 kids at Xmas and my job coming to an end in a month so Im out and Im sure other's are in the same boat as me sadly.

Yet we had Fury on here telling folk if they buy from investors after the date the money won't go to club. That statement is more detromental to their scheme than any sceptic could ever do.

Buying shares after the IPO directly benefits the club. Firstly, they will have already raised the monies they wanted from the IPO, and it's got to be good for the club when share-holding supporters are involved via such a commitment.

The more Rangers supporting shareholders there are the better.

Buying shares after the IPO directly benefits the club. Firstly, they will have already raised the monies they wanted from the IPO, and it's got to be good for the club when share-holding supporters are involved via such a commitment.

Buying shares AFTER the IPO has NO financial impact on the club - you buy it from a shareholder who wishes to sell. Only new shares being bought benefit the club financially and after the IPO no new shares are available.

So who legally owns the shares? Does each member part own each share, or does the Trust own the share? I'm grateful for the following "clarification" from the Trust:

The RST which will hold the shares is owned by it's members, therefore every member part owns every share held.

£125 gets you a Community Share in the Community Benefit Society. That £125 in it's entirety is used to purchase as many shares in Rangers/holding company as possible. A Community Shareholder part owns every share the Community owns.

Rangers Supporters @rangersfctrust

@YYCBear As per @pompeytrust , Swansea, MUST, @AST_arsenal the Trust legally owns shares. Members own the Trust.

Thank goodness they have their story straight and we all know that either the Trust owns the shares or the members part own every share dohdohdoh

It appears to be the Trust that is circulating malicious lies, or at least unclear clarifications.

What if the club don't sell all the shares they intended? Do they then sell them on the secondary market or keep them or what?

greeb says institutional investors have over subscribed...so any shares not bought by fans will be offered to them. Failing that Green says he will buy the rest himself.

I'd prefer they walked away - and they will - and took nothing by way of profit from our club.

They aren't going to do all that they have done for nothing. Remember, the money raised from the IPO is going straight into the club, no one is profiting from that cash. You are better buying now from the club, than buying shares off someone after the IPO who is only selling them to make a profit. I don't see your logic here.

You have that soooo wrong. Anyone who buys shares now is either a) buying as an emotional investment (eg, us on here - the fans) or b) buying shares because they know they are going to be able to make money (eg investors) No fan of the club will be selling their shares straight after buying them, so you will be buying off an investor who is wanting to make a profit at an inflated price. If you want to help the club, buy them NOW off of Rangers. Not off of someone who is doing exactly what you are accusing Charles Green of doing.

Interesting debate, if a little depressing reading the common view of the RST.

I was a member when David Edgar was spokesman - superb IMO.

So if all those who have £125, but not £500 (which is fair enough) and don't want to go the RST route, are you able to find three other friends / family members and buy direct?

I'll never understand why our support is so divisive........always been the way, but I cant see the RST wanting to fleece fellow supporters.

Interesting debate, if a little depressing reading the common view of the RST.

I was a member when David Edgar was spokesman - superb IMO.

So if all those who have £125, but not £500 (which is fair enough) and don't want to go the RST route, are you able to find three other friends / family members and buy direct?

I'll never understand why our support is so divisive........always been the way, but I cant see the RST wanting to fleece fellow supporters.

One thieving man is the divisive element.

Doesn't sound like it's much different to one of us starting a thread asking for money to be paid into our Paypal account,then said money is used to purchase shares in Rangers.

Account holder gets the shares,vote,any profit and the folk that donate money get a printed certificate thanking them for their donation :lol: