RAFREG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I'd trust Ally totally with £10m, but it's nice to be in this position.

There's no way Ally would risk the finances of the club and spend that kind of money. Especially if we're only going to be in either the 2nd or 3rd tier of Scottish Football. :D He'd better fucking not anyway!! :D

IMO what we should (and hope we will) be looking to do is firstly develop our own but to also scout worldwide and bring a young talent that can be developed and sold on.

On top of that when we get back to the top we need a strong spine which has experience and can help develop and nurture young talent.

Considering he has had hardly any financial backing its a bit harsh to say that. He has had to wheel and deal for the most part. He spent the bulk of his transfer kitty last summer on Wallace and I think most will say that was a shrewd move.

And it was Templeton this summer. If he keeps buying players in the same quality bracket of these 2, we will be doing amazing. He got both of them for 1.5m less than what Walter paid for Lafferty.

IMO what we should (and hope we will) be looking to do is firstly develop our own but to also scout worldwide and bring a young talent that can be developed and sold on.

On top of that when we get back to the top we need a strong spine which has experience and can help develop and nurture young talent.

By the time we're back in the top league, we will have a very experienced bunch of youngsters. McLeod, Aird, McKay, Hegerty all under 21. We will also hopefully still have Wallace, Little, Hutton , Black and Shiels. That is a solid foundation to build on. If we buy a couple of proven centre backs for a good few million, an experianced right back and a striker or 2. Then we will have a quality team. We will probably need a goalie aswell, and hopefully we will have another bunch of youngsters breaking through. The players that we would need could be bought over the summer between us going from first division to the premier league. I see no reason why we couldn't make a right good go of winning the premier league at the first attempt with the foundations already in place right now. The right experiance in the right areas should be easy enough to get with the money we have available. I am very confident in our future. I like the way things are panning out. From looking like we might die, to having prospects as good as ours are just now is unbelieveable. What Has happened to us over the last 10 months might just be the best thing that has happened to us in a long time. Ibrix is a great place to be right now, atmosphere wise. It was like a morgue before. The turn around has been incredible. There will be a film made about our story sometime in the next few years. A script writer couldn't have written a better story. The only way for us right now is up. I love it.

By the time we're back in the top league, we will have a very experienced bunch of youngsters. McLeod, Aird, McKay, Hegerty all under 21. We will also hopefully still have Wallace, Little, Hutton , Black and Shiels. That is a solid foundation to build on. If we buy a couple of proven centre backs for a good few million, an experianced right back and a striker or 2. Then we will have a quality team. We will probably need a goalie aswell, and hopefully we will have another bunch of youngsters breaking through. The players that we would need could be bought over the summer between us going from first division to the premier league. I see no reason why we couldn't make a right good go of winning the premier league at the first attempt with the foundations already in place right now. The right experiance in the right areas should be easy enough to get with the money we have available. I am very confident in our future. I like the way things are panning out. From looking like we might die, to having prospects as good as ours are just now is unbelieveable. What Has happened to us over the last 10 months might just be the best thing that has happened to us in a long time. Ibrix is a great place to be right now, atmosphere wise. It was like a morgue before. The turn around has been incredible. There will be a film made about our story sometime in the next few years. A script writer couldn't have written a better story. The only way for us right now is up. I love it.

We have got our Club back from Murray.

[quote name=bunter' timesta

mp='1355956320' post='1060660371]

we are kidding ourselves on if we think all our young players will remain with the club till we get back in the top league. Mckay especially will get swooped on within 2 years guaranteed.

Well if they go we better get a decent price for them.

Not like before sell for a pitance.

I have said very similar to my dad recently that in some ways what has happened to us has been of a benefit. Although none of us wanted to be in this position it has seen a focus on something we should have been doing for a while now and that is bringing through the youth players a bit more.

I know it can be argued McGregor, Hutton, Adam etc are examples of our youth product but you would never before have seen so many come through at the same time which IMO can only be a good thing as they will grow together as the club grows and they are the future of Rangers.

I agree also that things are on the up and life as a Rangers fan is so different (better) to what it was at the start of the year.