If (when) one of the SPL clubs goes bust

GrandSuckMaster

208 members have voted

1. 1. Would you admit them?

• Yes
    • No

No reason not to admit them other than some sort of act of revenge in my opinion. They certainly shouldn't be voted back into the SPL (that would be a complete and utter joke given that we weren't allowed back in) but the precedent with us would put them in the SFL and I think that's fair enough.

I also think that while we'll recover and go up the leagues, some of the SPL clubs could seriously struggle to get back to where they were. Fans of a team like Hearts wouldn't come together the way our fans have done and their attendance would take a right kicking.

Indeed put Hearts or Abergeen down to sfl3 and into the same postion as us and they would be lucky to get 700 fans at most for games at this time of year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted yes but only after they were put down to the lowest league, lost all their best players for nothing, were called a new club every 5 minutes by the BBC, fined and banned from signing any players.

Anyhting less than that then it's no.

Is that Dean Shiels in your avatar?

I can't answer this, which I hadn't realised.

Back when it mattered, and had it been another club being dealt with in the manner we were. When they voted to kick us. I don't honestly believe Rangers would have voted to kick out a.n.other team. I can't see it happening, even if everyone else voted that way. More likely a fund raising game would be put on to help them.

Yet. Would I vote to help those that turned on us. No.

Would I vote to take the honourable supporters teams from them by helping destroy their team. No (Rangers means a lot to me, so I know what losing your team could feel like).

But to the vocal minority of some clubs, and all the bead rattling nappy rippers of the rest. I'd watch everything you ever wanted rot.

Don't know what I'd do I don't think...

WATP

I voted no, and said my piece earlier, but I've just remembered something. Did Bayern Munich not offer Borussia Dortmund a loan or something when they were in financial difficulties a few years ago? EDIT: I did a search and found this article: http://www.sportspromedia.com/sportspro_blog/borussia_dortmund_bite_the_hand_that_once_fed_them/

Just imagine how much more enraged the fans of these diddy teams would be if a team from SFL3 offered to bail them out.

Besides we need to keep Hearts afloat as they are our feeder team :)

I voted yes to launching them into SFL3, with the same punishments that we have had to endure, and they would be there at a time when we weren't so they wouldn't be getting any benefit financially from us. A team like Hearts in SFL3 would have to go semi-pro as their fans wouldn't follow them down so less income + lower wages = big time struggle to get out of that league (i'll be mildly content with that).

I voted yes to launching them into SFL3, with the same punishments that we have had to endure, and they would be there at a time when we weren't so they wouldn't be getting any benefit financially from us. A team like Hearts in SFL3 would have to go semi-pro as their fans wouldn't follow them down so less income + lower wages = big time struggle to get out of that league (i'll be mildly content with that).

Missed that voting option. Please link to that as I'm missing out somewhere!

I can be, and in this instance would be. Purely on the grounds of ensuring sporting integrity.

But thats the point mate, to NOT vote them into SLF3 would be going against sporting integrity.

If they are treated in the same manner as us then I will have no complaints whatsoever.

I have just realised that the SPL are having a 2 week winter break in January.Now previously did the small teams, ie, 10 of them not vote against this because they could not afford the loss of income? When and how did this change? Surely this will bring a few closer to the brink.

I have just realised that the SPL are having a 2 week winter break in January.Now previously did the small teams, ie, 10 of them not vote against this because they could not afford the loss of income? When and how did this change? Surely this will bring a few closer to the brink.

I noticed this the other day too; there is a two week shutdown in the New Year. Previously a winter break was one of the main points of discussion, now it seems to have been forgotten about. What has changed???

The way i see it is this.

do i hate them for putting the boot in when we were in trouble? Yes! Do they deserve our hatred? Damn right!

But for the sake of fairness, if they wish to continue to play football, they should be allowed. This couldn't happen in the SPL as then Rangers have more than enough to take it to court over unfair treatment. So they should be placed in the 3rd!

Now, level head off. Fuck them all, i hope they come down here as a newco and then they will be defending their history like we are, and then they will realise at that point that we /were/are right to keep our history!

Fuck the Heart(less) Sheeperdeen (even though i love the city), scumdee Utd and the filth (though i don't see them falling into trouble), and every other club who tried to kill us, which lets face it was done out of pure spite and jelousy!

Just my opinion!