January 1st 1943

trueblue68

Approaching the 70th Anniversary of this match so i thought i would make a wee post about it.

Jan 1st, 1943

Rangers 8 - 1 Celtic

Gillick (3)

W Waddell (2)

G Young (2, 1pen)

Duncanson

McDonald OFF. Lynch OFF.

Rangers team:

Jerry Dawson

Dougie Gray

Jock Shaw

Adam Little

George Young

Scot Symon

Willie Waddell

Alex Venters

Torry' Gillick

Charlie Johnston

Jimmy Duncanson

The Match report below was published on here some time ago but as the News function on here is not working, i managed to find it through archives.

rangers8.jpg

How good must it have been to attend this one?

Approaching the 70th Anniversary of this match so i thought i would make a wee post about it.

Jan 1st, 1943

Rangers 8 - 1 Celtic

Gillick (3)

W Waddell (2)

G Young (2, 1pen)

Duncanson

McDonald OFF. Lynch OFF.

Rangers team:

Jerry Dawson

Dougie Gray

Jock Shaw

Adam Little

George Young

Scot Symon

Willie Waddell

Alex Venters

Torry' Gillick

Charlie Johnston

Jimmy Duncanson

The Match report below was published on here some time ago but as the News function on here is not working, i managed to find it through archives.

rangers8.jpg

How good must it have been to attend this one?

Nice one bud (tu) nothing changes does it re disputing goals.

Was it in ED? You were there, aye?

It was a cracker......... the nearest to it , was Roger Hynd when he hit a volley I'm sure it was inside the center circle against Inter back in the 60s and Jim Forrest (and it was sepcial to see Jim on the pitch at the 140th celebrations) But big George leathered that and when you think of the ball ball then wee, makes you think what he would do today..............Jimmy Duncanson my dad knew him as Jimmy served his time as a sheet metal worker.

It was a cracker......... the nearest to it , was Roger Hynd when he hit a volley I'm sure it was inside the center circle against Inter back in the 60s and Jim Forrest (and it was sepcial to see Jim on the pitch at the 140th celebrations) But big George leathered that and when you think of the ball ball then wee, makes you think what he would do today..............Jimmy Duncanson my dad knew him as Jimmy served his time as a sheet metal worker.

Olden days Jorg 'Hammer' Albertz. :clap:

Good to see ya memory has held out. Now where did ya put ya keys... :)

Big Roger.s other profession was a gym teacher if i remember correctly. I met him once through a friend of my fathers.

Aye...it had lost some of it's appeal....as a lot if our dads and grand-dads wondered about the merit of playing a team that sympathised with the Nazi bastards that they were all fighting.

They probably thought that the cunts would disappear with shame after the war.....if only... 8-1 ...you Vichy, U- boat harbouring republican scum.. 8-1.

I remember reading on FF years ago about an OF game in (I think) September 1941 during which the Celtic fans sang pro-German songs and bottled the ref.

Did it actually happen? You'd think a 'shame game' like that would be remembered forever in the annals of British football but I've never read anything about it except that one time on FF.

So, can anyone confirm that the aforementioned events took place?