Playing formation

We dominated that game , and should a won but this stupid 1 up front is doing my head , I don't understand why ally can't play 4-2-2 or 4-3-3 , we are miles points clear , and sheils was on the bench add have him on instead of (Hutton or little) and up front with jig ! .... Stop using the 1 up front ally your killing me man. :( !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He gets forward with the ball better and quicker , and am not sure but I would a still played him

so you would risk further injury to him when it isn't really necessary because he 'gets forward with the ball better and quicker' than a holding midfielder? Who would you have replaced him with when he ineveitably tired towards the end of the game? McLeod, imo, plays better just off the main striker as his range of passing and movement is much more effective. This wold be negated by Shiels playing CF beside McCulloch.

We play with 4 'attacking' players.. Templeton, McLeod, Little and McCulloch. The two holding midfielders are used to lessen the defensive responsibilities of those players.

It's mad some scream yae Canae play 442 yet others moan at the "451" which in all honesty is the way almost all the good teams play.

It's mad some scream yae Canae play 442 yet others moan at the "451" which in all honesty is the way almost all the good teams play.

Barcelona almost religously play a 4-3-2-1 system. Never once have I heard ANYONE say they shouldn't be playing with 'one up top'

Pretty embarrassing really, given that we were one up then they went down to ten men for most of the match.

IMO this has been coming for a while now as, apart from one half v elgin away, its been dire for wks. Worrying with the cup tie looming.

so you would risk further injury to him when it isn't really necessary because he 'gets forward with the ball better and quicker' than a holding midfielder? Who would you have replaced him with when he ineveitably tired towards the end of the game? McLeod, imo, plays better just off the main striker as his range of passing and movement is much more effective. This wold be negated by Shiels playing CF beside McCulloch.

Am sure his injury has cleared by now , and i would have sheils sappourtng jig , and if (sheils started instead of little today then I would have replaced him with little .)

611192_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Sebastian Faure / Chris Hegarty

Ian Black

Fraser Aird

Robbie Crawford / Kal Naismith

Lee McCulloch / Andrew Little

That formation/team is fine the problem isn't one striker it's the fact McCoist feels the need to force senior players into the team ahead of superior youth players and the fact he feels the need to force players out of position.

Am sure his injury has cleared by now , and i would have sheils sappourtng jig , and if (sheils started instead of little today then I would have replaced him with little .)

if his injury has 'cleared' and he is match fit then explain how he wasn't fit for Annan on wednesday? So if sheils had started inplace of Little then who plays wide right? McLeod, Black or Hutton?

611192_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Sebastian Faure / Chris Hegarty

Ian Black

Fraser Aird

Robbie Crawford / Kal Naismith

Lee McCulloch / Andrew Little

I think McLeod is wasted playing there. The game seems to pass him by a bit more as he isn't a particularly defensively minded player. As for Shiels, i said it earlier, I really haven't been convinced by him at all. He does well in flashes and then vanishes.