Response to c*ltic's official jibe

8watp8

Only the other night Liewell was featured on a BBC Radio Scotland tribute to The Ibrox Disaster, stating that the events of 1971 were dark days for Scottish football and humanity, yet he has waged a personal crusade and vendetta against everything Rangers, especially in the past 9 months!

The rampant bigot lives up to his nickmame so well - SO LIEWELL!!!

So a club that employed numerous paedophiles, used the death of one of their former players to get an old firm game postponed until injured/suspended players were able to play, and actively supports a terrorist organisation, is trying to take the moral high ground and have a cheap dig at us for attention? Quite sad and pathetic really, but nothing Pacific Shelf does surprises me. I hear they will not sell half season tickets to their fans and are instead only selling a "2 or 3 match package", as they want to boost crowds for each match. :uk:

IT was most interesting on Hogmanay to discover Celtic had chosen to describe their win over Rangers in April as the ‘last ever derby’ between the clubs on their website.

In doing so, they effectively said their stance was the Light Blues had gone out of existence over the summer – something which is completely inaccurate and untrue, of course.

It was the first time I could recall the Parkhead club saying something as bold in an official capacity and I must say it genuinely took me by surprise.

If you read between the lines, the chances are it was nothing more than someone from their media team causing mischief and pandering to fans by looking for a cheap laugh.

But now, some six days on, the phrase still hasn’t been removed so one can only assume it is a view shared by Peter Lawwell et al.

That is something which disappoints me greatly and I am sure I’m not the only person from within Ibrox who feels that way.

It’s embarrassing for them.

Had it been the other way around, I’m not sure Rangers as a club – forgetting their supporters for a moment – would have been so foolhardy.

We have come to expect fans of the Parkhead team to preach that the Light Blues are no more.

As much as we rightly project this is the same club – something recognised by governing bodies including UEFA and the ECA – they will continue to insist the opposite is true.

That comes with the territory and it’s a two-way street. Just as those from across the city gloat any time we slip up, the same happens in reverse when it’s the other way around.

What I didn’t expect was for Celtic itself to jump on the bandwagon, particularly after its majority shareholder Dermot Desmond’s comments about the Light Blues late last year.

It was back in October the Irishman spoke of Rangers being a fantastic club with a great history, one which he felt was needed at the top of Scottish football as soon as possible.

He talked with class, dignity and, most of all, common sense.

For me, it was refreshing to hear someone from the other side refuse to allow hatred and bitterness cloud the truth.

If only his colleagues were as distinguished and honourable.

I’m all for having rivalry because it’s healthy but it’s worth chucking in an ounce of respect from time to time too.

That’s something which is very sadly lacking too often in footballing circles around here and I dearly hope that changes over the course of time.

When Rangers were at their lowest ebb a few months ago, the likes of Celtic, Dundee United and Hibernian seemed to be most keen to keep them pinned down.

There were others too, including some in the media, who seemed to delight in the fact the Light Blues were getting weaker by the day.

Now they are strengthening again and the future looks very bright indeed as a new era continues to gather momentum at an exciting rate.

Lawwell once said Celtic didn’t need Rangers and perhaps he was right. They seem to be prospering both at home and abroad without us so let’s leave them to it.

By the same token, I think the last six months in particular have proved Rangers don’t need Celtic any more either.

Backed by a wonderful support and sound investors, the Light Blues have risen from their knees and are on course to get back to their rightful position at the top of the pile.

I said on Twitter the other day I looked forward to Celtic saying sorry for their words with my tongue firmly in cheek. If the apology doesn’t come? No matter.

The best way for Gers to respond is to keep moving in the right direction as they are and beat Celtic on the park when the time comes for the two teams to share a pitch again.

It was almost fitting in a way that Celtic ended 2012 with a petty dig at Rangers. As the last year has shown, their support’s obsession with this club knows no bounds.

But as for there being any truth that was the last ever derby just over eight months ago? We’ll see how their fans react the next time the Light Blues play their team and beats it.

It was almost fitting in a way that Celtic ended 2012 with a petty dig at Rangers. As the last year has shown, their support’s obsession with this club knows no bounds.

But as for there being any truth that was the last ever derby just over eight months ago? We’ll see how their fans react the next time the Light Blues play their team and beats it.

:lol: Brilliant, and spot on (tu)

Had it been the other way around, I’m not sure Rangers as a club – forgetting their supporters for a moment – would have been so foolhardy.

Why does Andrew Dickson keep saying stuff like this? Referring to us as "they" rather than "we" and insinuating that we would embarrass the club. He comes across as a bit of a prick on Twitter, and a massive one here.

Superb stuff. The cheap digs keep coming and Charles keeps knocking them out the park and showing them up for being the sad bigots they are. What a great sight it is to have the club react in this way.

This was from Andrew dickson, he knows more than anyone how obsessed these cunts are. He has to put up with the cunts on a daily basis on twitter.

IT was most interesting on Hogmanay to discover Celtic had chosen to describe their win over Rangers in April as the ‘last ever derby’ between the clubs on their website.

In doing so, they effectively said their stance was the Light Blues had gone out of existence over the summer – something which is completely inaccurate and untrue, of course.

It was the first time I could recall the Parkhead club saying something as bold in an official capacity and I must say it genuinely took me by surprise.

If you read between the lines, the chances are it was nothing more than someone from their media team causing mischief and pandering to fans by looking for a cheap laugh.

But now, some six days on, the phrase still hasn’t been removed so one can only assume it is a view shared by Peter Lawwell et al.

That is something which disappoints me greatly and I am sure I’m not the only person from within Ibrox who feels that way.

It’s embarrassing for them.

We have come to expect fans of the Parkhead team to preach that the Light Blues are no more.

As much as we rightly project this is the same club – something recognised by governing bodies including UEFA and the ECA – they will continue to insist the opposite is true.

That comes with the territory and it’s a two-way street. Just as those from across the city gloat any time we slip up, the same happens in reverse when it’s the other way around.

What I didn’t expect was for Celtic itself to jump on the bandwagon, particularly after its majority shareholder Dermot Desmond’s comments about the Light Blues late last year.

It was back in October the Irishman spoke of Rangers being a fantastic club with a great history, one which he felt was needed at the top of Scottish football as soon as possible.

He talked with class, dignity and, most of all, common sense.

For me, it was refreshing to hear someone from the other side refuse to allow hatred and bitterness cloud the truth.

If only his colleagues were as distinguished and honourable.

I’m all for having rivalry because it’s healthy but it’s worth chucking in an ounce of respect from time to time too.

That’s something which is very sadly lacking too often in footballing circles around here and I dearly hope that changes over the course of time.

When Rangers were at their lowest ebb a few months ago, the likes of Celtic, Dundee United and Hibernian seemed to be most keen to keep them pinned down.

There were others too, including some in the media, who seemed to delight in the fact the Light Blues were getting weaker by the day.

Now they are strengthening again and the future looks very bright indeed as a new era continues to gather momentum at an exciting rate.

Lawwell once said Celtic didn’t need Rangers and perhaps he was right. They seem to be prospering both at home and abroad without us so let’s leave them to it.

By the same token, I think the last six months in particular have proved Rangers don’t need Celtic any more either.

Backed by a wonderful support and sound investors, the Light Blues have risen from their knees and are on course to get back to their rightful position at the top of the pile.

I said on Twitter the other day I looked forward to Celtic saying sorry for their words with my tongue firmly in cheek. If the apology doesn’t come? No matter.

The best way for Gers to respond is to keep moving in the right direction as they are and beat Celtic on the park when the time comes for the two teams to share a pitch again.

Celtic Football Club (Pacific Shelf 595) since 1994.

I live in England and so I've sadly lost touch with the feelings of my Gers mates. I do however ask myself how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot? Would I want to see Celtic extinct and what would my club want; would we actively look to damage them, to be passive and do nothing or would I want us to actually help them?

I know it's a hypothetical but I think that I would rise above the behaviour of those that are enjoying our situation and who are continuing to promote our demise (as if!); I would have poked some fun at their situation for a while but I would not want to see them disappear and as much as I dislike their more fans I would not wish extinction on their club. I would want Rangers to behave in a way that was professional and moral and in the best interests of Rangers and Scottish football generally.

I have told the story on another post of my Bayern Munich supporting friend and how his club gave their biggest rivals Borussia Dortmund £2M when they were in trouble. This is what I would have wanted from Rangers; for them to have helped their biggest rivals for the good of our own club and to put the well being of the club before the rivalry and bigotry.

I can ignore their fans and their bile but I find the behaviour of Celtic FC almost unforgivable and they have to do something very soon to start mending our relationship. I doubt we’ll ever get an apology but they need to stop making the situation worse with this kind of nonsense. Unless they and Rangers have decided that they are going to permanently find their own way in separate leagues then sooner or later they're going to have to work together. Not to start trying now makes no sense to me at all.

If the game last year did prove to be the last ever old firm game, then I wouldn't be upset about it.

This.

If they say it's the last old firm game ever then I'm happy to hold them to that. Just hope they're true to their word. If we ever play them again it'll be too soon

I live in England and so I've sadly lost touch with the feelings of my Gers mates. I do however ask myself how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot? Would I want to see Celtic extinct and what would my club want; would we actively look to damage them, to be passive and do nothing or would I want us to actually help them?

I know it's a hypothetical but I think that I would rise above the behaviour of those that are enjoying our situation and who are continuing to promote our demise (as if!); I would have poked some fun at their situation for a while but I would not want to see them disappear and as much as I dislike their more fans I would not wish extinction on their club. I would want Rangers to behave in a way that was professional and moral and in the best interests of Rangers and Scottish football generally.

I have told the story on another post of my Bayern Munich supporting friend and how his club gave their biggest rivals Borussia Dortmund £2M when they were in trouble. This is what I would have wanted from Rangers; for them to have helped their biggest rivals for the good of our own club and to put the well being of the club before the rivalry and bigotry.

I can ignore their fans and their bile but I find the behaviour of Celtic FC almost unforgivable and they have to do something very soon to start mending our relationship. I doubt we’ll ever get an apology but they need to stop making the situation worse with this kind of nonsense. Unless they and Rangers have decided that they are going to permanently find their own way in separate leagues then sooner or later they're going to have to work together. Not to start trying now makes no sense to me at all.

I don't remember too many Rangers fans dancing on their grave when pacific shelf became their holding company during the McCann era so that already proves that we as a club and support are way above the gutter that they reside in.

I don't believe that they want to mend any relationship as they now have control over Scottish football and European monies so will continue to feed the zealots in their support with such quotes to keep feeding the hatred.

I agree they are to bitter and caught up in their own world. The problem is they see us as the problem and why Scottish football in the shape it is. They are so brain washed the vast majority do not want to mend anything but to continue to show their hate toward us. I am ok with this WHY because the more they show this the more people are taking note and see septic for what they are what they stand for, to me that is a good thing its showing the rest of the world how deluded bitter and twisted.

As the unwashed pikeys meander without direction in their one horse race, getting less and less respect from anyone in world football for their so called achievements in this embarrassment of a country, Their tune will change. When this day comes I would love nothing better than to tell them to stick their corrupt SPL up their already abused jacksies. In the short term it would be good to teach the hopeless excuses of other SPL clubs the lesson that money talks---but we should not lose sight of what is a long term goal--that of damaging the Pikeys as much as we can and even to pack them off to play in England.

Many Gers supporters see a start in the English leagues as the promised land, but it would be anything but --Marriages and work will not sit too kindly with what would amount to 24 hour excursions down to say London to see the Terrorist 11 being humped by the Chelsea boys in blue and even home games at the Meccanodome would lose their appeal after the Tottie Howkers struggle to anly win at best 50% of games at their so called '' fortress '' let the bastards go--and good riddance

Why any self respecting bear would even go that lots website never mind read the articles is beyond me.

I've noticed more and more in the past few weeks that many of us seem to be suffering with obsession by proxy. Simply obsessed with our obsessors.

I don't remember too many Rangers fans dancing on their grave when pacific shelf became their holding company during the McCann era so that already proves that we as a club and support are way above the gutter that they reside in.

I don't believe that they want to mend any relationship as they now have control over Scottish football and European monies so will continue to feed the zealots in their support with such quotes to keep feeding the hatred.

I think it would have been a different story altogether if McCann hadnt saved them and they ended up like us. I can remember by older brother and uncle being gutted because they thought Celtic were finished.

Liewell is looking at a half empty Parkheid every fortnight and realised he has to kiss their arses again so how to appease the Oirish hoards.Yip slag Rangers and make out they're no more.

The brainless will lap it up while reading it in their rat infested IRA money laundering boozers while the intelligent will cringe in their cornflakes.

Another own goal by the man behind the japanese tour and sporting integrity.

Why any self respecting bear would even go that lots website never mind read the articles is beyond me.

I've noticed more and more in the past few weeks that many of us seem to be suffering with obsession by proxy. Simply obsessed with our obsessors.

I'd confidently predict that most Bears never went to their website to read it,I certainly didn't.

Happy not to play the fuckers again. We have fucked them more than they have fucked us, we have won probably the last Rangers v them cup final in a good few years. :uk:

They are raging that they can't get rid of us, they are raging they haven't ever won the league at Ibrox we have won it at torbett towers.

They are raging our crowds haven't fell and theres has.

They are just raging paranoid cretins. :uk: