Twitter rumours on Boyd

wee josh

Boyd's had his day in the sun .

...and it was to hot for him so he came off at half time and nacho scored a peach.

No Boyd= No Boyd goals= Still champions.

Not really fussed if he comes. I'd rather we looked for younger strikers though.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing i dont get about boyd is, why dont we just tell andy little to become a lazy bastard with a shite attitude, and ask him to offer absolutely fuck all in games apart from hitting 5 past brechin and arbroath. We should insist he just moaps abouts like a fart in a trance for 89mins, concentraing on being near the box and shootin at every given opertunity. We'd save ourselves the bother of registering another player, plus andy littles record against celtic is better than boyds.

The thing i dont get about boyd is, why dont we just tell andy little to become a lazy bastard with a shite attitude, and ask him to offer absolutely fuck all in games apart from hitting 5 past brechin and arbroath. We should insist he just moaps abouts like a fart in a trance for 89mins, concentraing on being near the box and shootin at every given opertunity. We'd save ourselves the bother of registering another player, plus andy littles record against celtic is better than boyds.

A goals a goal no matter who its against. There was many game where we beat teams 1-0 or 2-0 where Boyd got the goals, if he hadn't scored then no one else would have.

A striker is pretty useless if he is not shooting.

He was nowhere near as "fat or lazy" as people make out, and is the current top goalscorer in the SPL.

No forgive me if I am being silly here, but if there are tons of other players that can do just as good a job, why has no-one overtaken boyd as top goalscorer? Why is he one of the only people in Scotland to score 5 goals in one game? ( more than once)

Boyd can't play the lone striker role very well, which is the major reason he got dropped in the big games.

He is a natural born finisher, anyone saying otherwise is clearly blinkered.

A goals a goal no matter who its against. There was many game where we beat teams 1-0 or 2-0 where Boyd got the goals, if he hadn't scored then no one else would have.

That use to be the classic arguement and defence of Boyd. He scored goals, of that there is no doubt, but theres nothing to suggest someone like scott maconald wouldnt have scored as many goals as boyd had they played instead of him. "No one else would bave scored" doesnt wash with me. But not many Rangers strikers have bottled it the way boyd did on several occasions. Again i refer back to the game Edu scored in the last minute. Watch the replay, watch him shite himself tryin to fumble it over the line not once but twice, 2 yards out. Predator aye?

He was.

Is he now? Some say you don't lose that instict but I have seen planty penalty box stikers lose their touch when they get to their late 20's ealry 30's.

Boyd has been in decline since he left and he struggled to score consitantly in the MLS which is hardly top level stuff.

For big wages should we not be looking ahead instead of bringing back someone who will never be the same player he was?

Of course would he want to come back and play Div 2 football when he will have plenty of offers from England and no doubt SPL clubs if nothing else.

He was great for us but that was a few years ago now and much has changed both for player and club.

Best striker to grace the Spl the stats dont lie.

I have to laugh at the fat jibes on Boyd he never looked fat when i met him.

Ahahaha, best striker to grace the SPL? Are you having a fuckin laugh???

I still get a rubbin in work for people comparing him to the swedish cunt with the jakey hair.

He scored the most goals, he is not the best striker to grace the spl

He was.

Is he now? Some say you don't lose that instict but I have seen planty penalty box stikers lose their touch when they get to their late 20's ealry 30's.

Boyd has been in decline since he left and he struggled to score consitantly in the MLS which is hardly top level stuff.

For big wages should we not be looking ahead instead of bringing back someone who will never be the same player he was?

Of course would he want to come back and play Div 2 football when he will have plenty of offers from England and no doubt SPL clubs if nothing else.

He was great for us but that was a few years ago now and much has changed both for player and club.

lol this thread brings back memories of all the previous Boyd threads in the past :D

That use to be the classic arguement and defence of Boyd. He scored goals, of that there is no doubt, but theres nothing to suggest someone like scott maconald wouldnt have scored as many goals as boyd had they played instead of him. "No one else would bave scored" doesnt wash with me. But not many Rangers strikers have bottled it the way boyd did on several occasions. Again i refer back to the game Edu scored in the last minute. Watch the replay, watch him shite himself tryin to fumble it over the line not once but twice, 2 yards out. Predator aye?

Scott McDonald didnt Boyd did.

All strikers miss i watched McCoist miss many a chance and flap at it.

I still get a rubbin in work for people comparing him to the swedish cunt with the jakey hair.

They are not thinking clearly then and seem to have got to you.

A striker is pretty useless if he is not shooting.

He was nowhere near as "fat or lazy" as people make out, and is the current top goalscorer in the SPL.

No forgive me if I am being silly here, but if there are tons of other players that can do just as good a job, why has no-one overtaken boyd as top goalscorer? Why is he one of the only people in Scotland to score 5 goals in one game? ( more than once)

Boyd can't play the lone striker role very well, which is the major reason he got dropped in the big games.

(tu)

Let's not forget that a lot of Boydy's goals were scored in a (cough, splutter) Killie shirt; it's not as if he always played for a top team in the SPL or had chances served up to him on a silver platter.

strik·er

/ˈstrīkər/

Noun

• An employee on strike.
  • The player who is to strike the ball in a game; a player considered in terms of ability to strike the ball.

He struck the ball into the net more times than anyone else. This is FACT. Anything else is opinion.