Bargain basement talent.

allcinaye

I have been impressed with the level of performance from some of the players we have come up against this season.

For example, looking back at last week’s game against Berwick Rangers, a couple of their players were quite impressive, especially their No-10, I believe his name is Dylan Easton. His ball control looked good and although his final pass sometimes let him down, the vision involved in some of his passing opened up the play for them.

Are we checking these guys out on a more regular basis with a view to a potential signing that won’t cost us a fortune?

I wonder how many of them would bite your hand off to get a chance to play for us.

East on was outstanding, a ball playing central midfielder, why wouldn't you want that?

Although, it has to be said, he was taken off and Berwick then scored 2.

Everyone can see for themselves that there IS talent even in division three.... why is it then that many of these 'good-uns' do not make it yet we have many a very, very poor player in that spl ?

Everyone can see for themselves that there IS talent even in division three.... why is it then that many of these 'good-uns' do not make it yet we have many a very, very poor player in that spl ?

There were two wee lads at Hamilton... McCarthy and McArthur ? Both real decent players yet they were away to England for buttons, why did the likes of Gers and 'them' not make a move sooner ?????

Their talent was always there to be seen.

There were two wee lads at Hamilton... McCarthy and McArthur ? Both real decent players yet they were away to England for buttons, why did the likes of Gers and 'them' not make a move sooner ?????

McCarthy would never have played for us...bitter tim. MacArthur is someone we should have went for...I did hear at the time from the sports scientist at accies we enquired but no concrete offer.

Yes there are a few talented boys in the lower leagues but the reality is very few of them would improve our squad or get us back to where we need to be...yes keep an eye on the younger ones with potential like the berwick lad but we need to cast our net as wide as possible and get guys in who can kick on with us or become sellable assets.

McCarthy would never have played for us...bitter tim. MacArthur is someone we should have went for...I did hear at the time from the sports scientist at accies we enquired but no concrete offer.

Yes there are a few talented boys in the lower leagues but the reality is very few of them would improve our squad or get us back to where we need to be...yes keep an eye on the younger ones with potential like the berwick lad but we need to cast our net as wide as possible and get guys in who can kick on with us or become sellable assets.

Yeah, you're right .

My brother told me the other season there, that Sandy showed the fella Conway around Ibrox Park yet Conway himself said that Rangers just didn't offer a contract at any time ?

Yeah, you're right .

My brother told me the other season there, that Sandy showed the fella Conway around Ibrox Park yet Conway himself said that Rangers just didn't offer a contract at any time ?

I know craig conway and at the time he was not interested in staying in scotland, as for a contract offer i dont

know if he recieved 1 or not.

I've noticed a few talented players against us in division 3 but is it just a case of raising their game against us? I don't catch enough of the div3 games that don't involve us to judge; I do , however, suspect that these guys don't perform like that on a regular basis. Definitely some measure of raw talent among a few of the youngsters in this division though. Maybe a trial for a few of them is in order during the summer?

I've noticed a few talented players against us in division 3 but is it just a case of raising their game against us? I don't catch enough of the div3 games that don't involve us to judge; I do , however, suspect that these guys don't perform like that on a regular basis. Definitely some measure of raw talent among a few of the youngsters in this division though. Maybe a trial for a few of them is in order during the summer?

Well Yeah, so far I'd say quite a good number as well..... we have loads who are crap if truth be told.

It's all about expectations from the fans about the level of player that we should be signing IMO.

If we signed a player from a lower league club then you can guarantee that some people would start talking about how our standards have fallen, regardless of how talented the player might be.

In McCarthys case it was purely money as he would have signed for either, then again 1.5ish would be a lot of money for a young player who would have been a squad player at that time.

Guess we did not rate McArthur

and IMO quite rightly as we had better midfielders than him at the time.

Ally will,I'm sure, be keeping tabs on players who are playing for teams in that "flourishing "arena up above.

Kilmarnock,Hearts and the other teams who will run out of cash before next September,will be letting players go for a song just to get them off the wage bill.

Them,along with the kids we are producing will be more than good enough to battle for top spot.

And,just think,by the time we get there the likes of McKay,MacLeod,Temps,Hutton,Perry etc. will have played over 100 games in the Light Blue.

Were there not rumours that McCarthy was given a tour of Ibrox at one point?

I really liked McArthur and he was a player that I really wanted us to sign. It looked like he wouldn't make it at Wigan and even then I hoped we'd go in for him but he's come on a lot now and looks like a decent Premiership player.

As DBBTB says, fan's expectations and short-sightedness will mean that if we did sign a player from an SFL3 side, they'd moan regardless of the player.

I honestly think you could sign a player from the German third division and no one would blink an eyelid, for some reason foreign lower division players are far quicker accepted by our support than British lower division players.