billmcmurdo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever seen a side letter?

I have

Was it anything like the ones in the BBC's award winning documentary? :lol:

Adam insinuated there were these side letters/dual contracts before the EBT era.

He was clearly muddled up. I'm sorry for his daughters loss but she's onto plumbs if she thinks her dad was compos mentis in that interview (though it was heavily edited)

I don't think anything shows the kind of low life scum that our enemies are better than how they were happy to use a sick old man practically on his death bed to get at us

(tu) they have no scruples and no morals just hatred for Rangers and our way of life. They are the worst examples of how bigotry and jelousy can tear a human apart.

Yes I do.

And I find it quite depressing the way those same dark forces have managed to convince most that Murray was the bad guy.

Murray ran his businesses and football club exactly the same way that everyone else ran their businesses and football clubs.

The dark forces have been scheming since even before Manchester. Murray/Lloyds was just an early salvo, so most people didn't take the possibility of foul play seriously at the time - yet today, everyone is quite able to see the hand of the dark forces in all the latest goings on.

It would seem that Mr Adam is being criticised for making negative statements about the Rangers boards financial management under David Murray when he was apparently unwell, but didn't David Murray come out and praise Celtic fans and slag Rangers fans off and if thats the case he is a bigger sinner than Mr Adam. Rangers rebuilt Ibrox with funds from the Rangers pools and that was largely down to Mr Adam. £12 million for Tore Andre Flo was a shocking piece of business by David Murray.he was reckless and in the end didn't seem to care much about the team we love.I enjoyed the early years of Murray as much as anybody buy he lost the plot and should never have handed our club over to Craig Whyte. Why didn't he stay and try and sort it out ?

It would seem that Mr Adam is being criticised for making negative statements about the Rangers boards financial management under David Murray when he was apparently unwell, but didn't David Murray come out and praise Celtic fans and slag Rangers fans off and if thats the case he is a bigger sinner than Mr Adam. Rangers rebuilt Ibrox with funds from the Rangers pools and that was largely down to Mr Adam. £12 million for Tore Andre Flo was a shocking piece of business by David Murray.he was reckless and in the end didn't seem to care much about the team we love.I enjoyed the early years of Murray as much as anybody buy he lost the plot and should never have handed our club over to Craig Whyte. Why didn't he stay and try and sort it out ?

I believe he lost interest in his plaything, he never was a "Rangers Man" he gambled and lost so walked away

it might have been the presumption of guilt that brought rangers down, thats to the eternal shame of scottish football, but the use of EBT’s in the first place was symptomatic of the shyster practices of Murray, and Hugh had every right to critisise those practices, they go against everything Rangers as a club stands for. whether we’ve been found to be innocent or not, EBT use allowed our enemies to attempt to destroy us. And that is to the eternal shame of Murray.

hopefully the rangers family will remember Hugh Adam as an outstanding servant to the club and whoever is incumbent in the owners office will remember that Rangers require the highest levels of business propriety and integrity.

it might have been the presumption of guilt that brought rangers down, thats to the eternal shame of scottish football, but the use of EBT’s in the first place was symptomatic of the shyster practices of Murray, and Hugh had every right to critisise those practices, they go against everything Rangers as a club stands for. whether we’ve been found to be innocent or not, EBT use allowed our enemies to attempt to destroy us. And that is to the eternal shame of Murray.

hopefully the rangers family will remember Hugh Adam as an outstanding servant to the club and whoever is incumbent in the owners office will remember that Rangers require the highest levels of business propriety and integrity.

Bollocks. It's how the world works. Murray was no different from anyone else.

That's not true; this scheme is dodgy enough that it took an accountant and 2 high court judges 8 months to make a split decision in our favour. In the mean time we were stuck in limbo, at the mercy of a bank and an owner unwilling to invest any more money, with a £90M+ alledged tax bill on the books resulting in no real prospect of a sale.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing I agree, but SDM is a serial risk taker, some of those risks have now been shown to be reckless, both in his other business dealings and his running of Rangers.

He left us open to Lloyds and Whyte as a result of an management strategy that was incredibly high risk albeit only obvious to us in hindsight and as a result of the recession.

He has done a huge amount for Rangers and invested a lot of his own money, I enjoyed the times the same as every Rangers fan but IMO history will show him as the person who left us defenceless to the attacks from Lloyds and Whyte as a result of his high risk management strategies.

We should have been managed differently from one of his companies, any of his companies could afford to fail.

yeah with the rich screwing the tax system while the working man is being screwed by it.

no different from anyone else ma arse.

I dont think football players earning humungus wages and being encouraged not to pay tax on it is a good thing or the right thing, I dont care if its my club or anyones elses.

I believe he lost interest in his plaything, he never was a "Rangers Man" he gambled and lost so walked away

That is possibly part of the story. When the Premiership became more and more wealthy, as a result of the formatting of the CL, it had a telling effect, not just on Rangers, and other clubs in our league, but other leagues around Europe. The period we signed players with impunity was when English clubs were banned from Europe: I still maintain that Terry Butcher was the biggest signing of the 9 in a row era; then when the Premiership became firmly established the players Rangers was capable of signing became increasingly diminished. You could possible pick 11 players from the early and mid 90s who would not be signed after the last decade started; and we would certainly not sign them today, even if we were debt free and playing in the SPL. Murray was responsible, on an Executive level, for how we were run as a club, and any ensuing difficulties, but the impact on the CL, with the added irony that that it was a Rangers idea, and the fact that there are now 4 winners of the major leagues around Europe, with a quasi European League that serves their interests first should not be amiss when looking at the fortunes of Rangers.