Get ready for a war?

nvager

It looks like the SPL will get their way on league reconstruction and we will be playing much the same teams again next season, while forfeiting TV money to the SPL/SFA cabal.

Furthermore I expect the Nimmo tribunal to have already made up their mind that we are in serious breach of SFA rules.

Where does that leave us?

A big court fight over the latter, but what can we do regarding the reconstruction? It is hard to believe we have absolutely no voice in this. Will we even be invited to the SFL meeting to air an opinion? Has Charlie spoken to the other SFL clubs? Will we now boycott all grounds except Ibrox? Will we REALLY try to get into the Conference league in England? Can we sue to get promotion if we win Div 3? Can season ticket holders sue the SPL/SFA for money on the basis the league is meaningless?

In any event the bad feeling that this lot will create will linger for decades. How does this do Scottish football even Scottish society any good?

How will fans be attracted to this inane new SPL/SFL league setup?

The world appears to have gone mad and all the Scottish media and football clubs have been manipulated into silence.

What has happened to the Scottish media and politicians to accept this willy nilly?

I really do despair.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andypendek

There's nothing to be done, mate.

Whyte left us wide open to the wettest of wet dreams that our enemies could ever have had - completely powerless to stop the parasites feeding off us.

Chin up.

I couldn't give a monkeys really about reconstruction. No matter what we are heading back to the top of the game.

The titles is all I care about right now, disagree with Andy somewhat, the RTC blogger where the so-called rule breach was flagged was started up pre Whyte. I have no questions whatsoever that both the SPL/SFA would have been forced by Lawwell to pursue the stripping of titles whatever happened.

A joint approach by season ticket holders and any verifiable purchaser of a ticket for this season SFL3 should seek to sue the SPL and SFL if this goes through.....we should seek an order to set aside funding for any eventual compensation (this could bring down the spl immediately)....come on we have legal minds amongst our support who can help advise and organise via the RFFF and supporters clubs.....the fans now need to take this fight to the courts of our land and away from the Scottish footballs illegal decison making of the cabal!

How do we do it? Any experts

There's nothing to be done, mate.

Whyte left us wide open to the wettest of wet dreams that our enemies could ever have had - completely powerless to stop the parasites feeding off us.

Chin up.

I dont believe we are powerless, our support is the biggest in the land, our owners are now prepared to back the fans as seen by the DU boycott. Our money feeds this league and the whole of Scottish football and the Scottish economy as well. We are not powerless we just have to tool up and get ready for battle! :uk:

It looks like the SPL will get their way on league reconstruction and we will be playing much the same teams again next season, while forfeiting TV money to the SPL/SFA cabal.

Furthermore I expect the Nimmo tribunal to have already made up their mind that we are in serious breach of SFA rules.

A big court fight over the latter, but what can we do regarding the reconstruction? It is hard to believe we have absolutely no voice in this. Will we even be invited to the SFL meeting to air an opinion? Has Charlie spoken to the other SFL clubs? Will we now boycott all grounds except Ibrox? Will we REALLY try to get into the Conference league in England? Can we sue to get promotion if we win Div 3? Can season ticket holders sue the SPL/SFA for money on the basis the league is meaningless?

In any event the bad feeling that this lot will create will linger for decades. How does this do Scottish football even Scottish society any good?

The world appears to have gone mad and all the Scottish media and football clubs have been manipulated into silence.

What has happened to the Scottish media and politicians to accept this willy nilly?

I really do despair.

You're not the only one, mate.

Their rationale is conspicuous by its absence...

We must do something, we don't know what but we've got this idea that we haven't really considered thoroughly and won't consider any other ideas,

but it's imperative that we go with this specific one now and not later or at any other time.

It's bafflingly irrational. One almost suspects that there's a hidden agenda driving this unreasonable initiative.

League reconstruction is not a done deal so we wait to see what happens. If it (12 12 18) goes through we support our team and look forward to the transfer window opening so we can start bringing in more talent.

If they take our titles (which of course they can't ever really do cause they can't ever make us believe we didn't win them) we need to fight back. Boycott away games for any and all clubs who deserve it and work our way back to full membership or escape to the English system.

A joint approach by season ticket holders and any verifiable purchaser of a ticket for this season SFL3 should seek to sue the SPL and SFL if this goes through.....we should seek an order to set aside funding for any eventual compensation (this could bring down the spl immediately)....come on we have legal minds amongst our support who can help advise and organise via the RFFF and supporters clubs.....the fans now need to take this fight to the courts of our land and away from the Scottish footballs illegal decison making of the cabal!

you would need to sue the SFL.......the SPL might suggest the changes but the SFL would need to implement them. I don't think we could sue the SPL in any way

Do not gice one single penny to any other Club in Scotland just stop giving them your cash.

Boycotts should be taken ,and the club should not take up their allocations .

I personally will never step in any other Ground in Scptland except Ibrox its over for me.

Lets watch all their pwn fans walk away and self implode.

Its the only way now.

it's the last part of the OP'ers post that gets to me really.

Where are all the politicians and journos on this.

Are there so many septic men and women in powerful place that there's not even a peep from any of them.

A bad sign of the society we'll be living in if they gain even more power, political and legal.

If this does happen, I will be suing the SFL through the small claims court. I will be claiming for all ticket costs (home and away) all petrol costs, match programmes, pies and anything else I can think of up to a limit of £3000, based on the presumption that I was financially supporting my club in order to gain promotion, as set out by the SFL at the beginning of the season.

This is very easy to do - it's a DIY process - you don't even need a solicitor.

http://www.advicegui...im_scotland.htm

Imagine if 50,000 of us did it.

It's not over till the fat lady sings

The SFL have still to vote, there are some who believe it's not a done deal.

I believe the option of taking the SPL and SFL to court by the season ticket holders (another fighting fund perhaps) is one that should be perused if changes go ahead next season.

Also boycotts of away grounds should be on the list.

If they strip titles then we know and they know they're into an expensive legal battle.

No surrender

I really do despair.

What can we do regarding the reconstruction?

Charles Green puts a million pounds into the Rfff, and the Rfff buy the support of 7 clubs to vote no to the reconstruction.

Its far more than they will ever get under the new setup, and is no worse than what Liewell and Doncaster are doing to buy them for their own gains.

We can invite the 7 clubs to a 5 a side tournament held over one weekend and call the payments prizemoney/expenses, whatever.

If this does happen, I will be suing the SFL through the small claims court. I will be claiming for all ticket costs (home and away) all petrol costs, match programmes, pies and anything else I can think of up to a limit of £3000, based on the presumption that I was financially supporting my club in order to gain promotion, as set out by the SFL at the beginning of the season.

This is very easy to do - you don't even need a solicitor.

I think season ticket holders and indeed anyone who has paid an admission fee would have a good case because they bought tickets in the belief that the winners of the league would be promoted.....those were the rules when they parted with their money.....I reckon as a precursor, a complaint to Trading Standards in the relevant local authority (Glasgow City Council) and they would be required by law to follow it up

I think season ticket holders and indeed anyone who has paid an admission fee would have a good case because they bought tickets in the belief that the winners of the league would be promoted.....those were the rules when they parted with their money.....I reckon as a precursor, a complaint to Trading Standards in the relevant local authority (Glasgow City Council) and they would be required by law to follow it up

Exactly. Imagine you bought a raffle ticket, and the organisers then said, "actually we're not going to have the draw now, but thanks for your pound"

It's exactly the same.

This is very easy to do - it's a DIY process - you don't even need a solicitor.

It's not just us this affects....think of the money the likes of Peterhead/Elgin fans have shelled out travelling the length of the country for meaningless games regardless how many of them there are.

Changing the rules during a season is a complete farce and as you say we would certainly have a case as customers of the SFL and I would hope the clubs would also have a case.

It's not just us this affects....think of the money the likes of Peterhead/Elgin fans have shelled out travelling the length of the country for meaningless games regardless how many of them there are.

Changing the rules during a season is a complete farce and as you say we would certainly have a case as customers of the SFL and I would hope the clubs would also have a case.

One difference though is that Peterhead & Elgin, and all the other clubs have a vote on this, but we don't.

So other supporters would be able to sue their own club if that club voted yes.

But luckily we won't because our club unlike the other clubs would be a victim of it and not a perpetrator. So the only path for us would be to sue the SFL for accepting the proposal.

One difference though is that Peterhead & Elgin, and all the other clubs have a vote on this, but we don't.

So other supporters would be able to sue their own club if that club voted yes.

But luckily we won't because our club unlike the other clubs would be a victim of it and not a perpetrator. So the only path for us would be to sue the SFL for accepting the proposal.

Yeah but they only need 75% so a few clubs could vote no and then be culpable under the same banner of the SFL...the thing that annoys me is they aren't looking at the benefits of having "a free season" before putting this in place because they want us tied to any tv deal.

If they postpone it a year then next year would be "meaningless" for alot of clubs however at least they would know that at the start and could adjust budgets to suit. Youngsters could be given extended runs in the team. The league cup could be altered to a champions league style format for more competitive games and reduce the league season to one home and away game against each team. There could be so much benefit in doing it but as usual it's the greed of the few at the top that are pushing this even if it turns more fans away from the game.

Exactly. Imagine you bought a raffle ticket, and the organisers then said, "actually we're not going to have the draw now, but thanks for your pound"

It's exactly the same.

I like this (tu)

A couple of thousand bears claimed against them in the small claim courts it would create a shit load of hassle for them ! Lets make these cunts sweat

I like this (tu)

A couple of thousand bears claimed against them in the small claim courts it would create a shit load of hassle for them ! Lets make these cunts sweat

Not just a shitload of hassle. A shitload of money!

I would estimate that my claim would be about £1000 - for tickets and booking fees (home and away) and petrol costs.

Now if the first person to lodge a case wins it, then a legal precedent is set, and I would foresee every single Bear who went to any games lodging a similar claim (especially when urged to do so), and every single Bear would win, because the terms would be exactly the same for everyone.

That could be up to 48,000 Bears.

Now not everyone would spend as much on petrol as me, or go to away games, so let's set a conservative limit of £300 per claim.

48,000 x £300 = £14,400,000.

So a minimum of £14 million. Eye-watering, eh?

Oh - plus court costs of course, and also a standard 8% interest.

Yeah but they only need 75% so a few clubs could vote no and then be culpable under the same banner of the SFL...the thing that annoys me is they aren't looking at the benefits of having "a free season" before putting this in place because they want us tied to any tv deal.

If they postpone it a year then next year would be "meaningless" for alot of clubs however at least they would know that at the start and could adjust budgets to suit. Youngsters could be given extended runs in the team. The league cup could be altered to a champions league style format for more competitive games and reduce the league season to one home and away game against each team. There could be so much benefit in doing it but as usual it's the greed of the few at the top that are pushing this even if it turns more fans away from the game.

Exactly - that is perfectly fair and proper. Each club would then take whatever steps they could to add meaning to their season.