Walk Away McCoist.

Clemdog

I said a few games into the season that we were in danger of missing an opportunity to change our whole style of football and now half way through we appear to be going backwards.

Our tactics,fitness and style of football are pure and utter shit and that is in the main down to the coaching staff. Simply not good enough for our great club.

Don't worry ED I haven't spat any dummy. Him jumping on anything I post won't change that (tu)

I do enjoy the banter with guys like yourself. Decent guys you can have a laugh with.I don't know what his problem is though, if he dislikes me so much I don't know why he doesn't just block or ignore me.

Fear not I have called for help

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say and had this been your opening post my reaction would have been different. However opening the bears den up and all you see is basically our players are cunts and Ally needs to walk away is far too negative. Let's at least try to see the positives and if we are going to discuss the negatives try to avoid calling our own players and manager shite and cunts.

Who in your honest opinion do you think we could get to replace him? I can't see any better coming along.

So your happy with our progress.

Sorry I am not , and Ally is a bit out of his depth ,even at this level.

Too many people are failing to see the bigger picture and think promotion is all that matters. Losing to Dundee United isn't the issue here, it's the performance, attitude, lack of tactics and Ally looking like he has no clue how to change things!

We don't have a team spirit, fighting attitude and there seems to be no direction in the team. Ally is not tactical aware and when things are not going our way, he looks confused at the sides.

The future is promotion, but next season it will be a bit tougher against better teams and I believe our football and results will not be any better next season, maybe even worse off.

We should be starting to rebuild and see progress of a team philosophy in football style, something like what Swansea have done over the years. Sadly there is no evidence of this and I think a new manager and backroom staff is needed to sort this out.

I totally agree with the above statement! There is no plan b for McCoist! I think the players we had on the park today were as good as if not better than the opposition! The failure today lay in the tactics and motivation! I can't remember watching a rangers side that has no fight at all until this season barring the Motherwell game! We don't have a big squad and we don't have the quality of players from yesteryear but what we should have is a team that will compete and fight! I didn't see any of that today from any of the players and the reason for that has to come from the management of the team! We shouldn't have to count on an 18 year old Lewis McLeod and a 34 year old lee Mcculloch to be in the team for us to dominate the games, but yet that's exactly what we missed today! This year was a great oppurtunity for us to change the style of play and play pass and move instead of trying to lump high balls Into the box, even if it cost us some results but its not happened! I don't think we can progress as a team with Ally McCoist as manager, I don't want him to have the oppurtunity to spend 10 million on our squad when the embargo is up because he does not fill me with any confidence at all!

Too many people are failing to see the bigger picture and think promotion is all that matters. Losing to Dundee United isn't the issue here, it's the performance, attitude, lack of tactics and Ally looking like he has no clue how to change things!

We don't have a team spirit, fighting attitude and there seems to be no direction in the team. Ally is not tactical aware and when things are not going our way, he looks confused at the sides.

The future is promotion, but next season it will be a bit tougher against better teams and I believe our football and results will not be any better next season, maybe even worse off.

We should be starting to rebuild and see progress of a team philosophy in football style, something like what Swansea have done over the years. Sadly there is no evidence of this and I think a new manager and backroom staff is needed to sort this out.

I totally agree with the above statement! There is no plan b for McCoist! I think the players we had on the park today were as good as if not better than the opposition! The failure today lay in the tactics and motivation! I can't remember watching a rangers side that has no fight at all until this season barring the Motherwell game! We don't have a big squad and we don't have the quality of players from yesteryear but what we should have is a team that will compete and fight! I didn't see any of that today from any of the players and the reason for that has to come from the management of the team! We shouldn't have to count on an 18 year old Lewis McLeod and a 34 year old lee Mcculloch to be in the team for us to dominate the games, but yet that's exactly what we missed today! This year was a great oppurtunity for us to change the style of play and play pass and move instead of trying to lump high balls Into the box, even if it cost us some results but its not happened! I don't think we can progress as a team with Ally McCoist as manager, I don't want him to have the oppurtunity to spend 10 million on our squad when the embargo is up because he does not fill me with any confidence at all!

And as usual he comes out and praises the oppostion. Fucking hell. Ally you may be a legend but by no means are you untouchable in this job. Even i would never do that after a defeat.

This is the one thing that I also find very hard to take, and the build up yesterday..........Jackie and I buddies during Scotland days and same with that runt at Peterhead, then day later the runt is slagging hell out the club.

I think the simple question is 'Do you think Ally McCoist is a good manager?' He has certainly been found wanting when it has came to the need to win matches over the last couple of years, add to that Sir Walter giving him the cup games. Not been past the 5th round for 3 years in a row is not good enough. Super Ally the striker was my absolute hero growing up but a manager he is not.

That's exactly what I was just thinking, Ally was our manager for cup games, Sir Walter took a back seat, so it's not that the competition or the way of play is new to him, he said he had to build a team capable not only to win the 3rd div but also competing in cup games.

So what's happened?

We are paying the second highest wages in Scotland and we have the highest attenance in scotland and we are watching THAT shite. Mccoist get to fuck your never ever gonna be a manager.

Oh and while i'm at it, well done young Kal, shown what others cannot show, pain at just how bad we are. and on a wee taig too.. take a bow.

So your happy with our progress.

Sorry I am not , and Ally is a bit out of his depth ,even at this level.

We are 20 points clear at the top of the league and lost 1 of 22 league games, it's hardly shocking! I was never expecting much in the cups TBH.

We are paying the second highest wages in Scotland and we have the highest attenance in scotland and we are watching THAT shite. Mccoist get to fuck your never ever gonna be a manager.

Oh and while i'm at it, well done young Kal, shown what others cannot show, pain at just how bad we are. and on a wee taig too.. take a bow.

You should be a bit more respectful to Ally.

You don't rate him as a manager which Is fine, many don't but telling him to 'get to fuck' is not only moronic but very short sighted.

Remember everything he has done for this club before making such cutting remarks like that.

The objective question might be, if mccoist and durrant weren't club legends would they still be in a job?

Well said Will.

Ally wouldn't have even got an interview with a managerial CV like his, if he's not already been at the club when Walter retired.

We`re a 3rd division team for gods sake, and we were well beaten by a prem team...can`t people accept we were out to giant kill today.

Exactly what I'm thinking. We're a 3rd division club. A good portion of our established players have left. We've had to rebuild. Yes, most of the signings haven't turned out to be good ones, but I'm not going to complain too much yet. We're 19 points ahead of the 2nd placed team. If they win their 2 games in hand we're still 13 ahead.

A lot of supporters were calling for the sacking of Ally when we were still in the SPL. They were saying he wasn't ready and should have gained experience in the lower leagues. Well, we're in Division 3 now and winning it soundly. There's room for him to make mistakes and learn from them right now. I say we give him the chance.

This is the one thing that I also find very hard to take, and the build up yesterday..........Jackie and I buddies during Scotland days and same with that runt at Peterhead, then day later the runt is slagging hell out the club.

As long as they laugh at Ally's jokes he'll deem them as "Good Lad's".

It annoyed me that so few of our players showed any aggression towards the Arab Taig bastards, some could call Kal's challenge uncalled for but we were 3-0 down at that point and had nothing else to salvage - at least at that point get stuck into them. Naisy was one of the few players when he came on who showed any drive as well.

Exactly what I'm thinking. We're a 3rd division club. A good portion of our established players have left. We've had to rebuild. Yes, most of the signings haven't turned out to be good ones, but I'm not going to complain too much yet. We're 19 points ahead of the 2nd placed team. If they win their 2 games in hand we're still 13 ahead.

A lot of supporters were calling for the sacking of Ally when we were still in the SPL. They were saying he wasn't ready and should have gained experience in the lower leagues. Well, we're in Division 3 now and winning it soundly. There's room for him to make mistakes and learn from them right now. I say we give him the chance.

You are missing the point completely here then!

I don't know what folk are expecting. We're less than a year in to rebuilding a team after it was utterly decimated. It's hard to watch. Torture, actually. But we are not the team we once were and shouldn't be expecting to walk over teams like Dundee united. As hard as it is to take, they have a better team than we do.

This is a transitional period, we can't expect big cup runs, the league is the only thing we should care about. WIn then league and its a good season end of. We have a team made up of players loyal to Rangers, young, not good enough for the SPL and trying to make a name for themselves. This is not a team good enough for the SPL, why can't we just accept that for now?

because we have the second biggest wage budget in scotland ffs, being defeated is acceptable in our current condition but fuck me the performances should at least match what both the fans are paying to watch and what the players are being paid

I don't know what folk are expecting. We're less than a year in to rebuilding a team after it was utterly decimated. It's hard to watch. Torture, actually. But we are not the team we once were and shouldn't be expecting to walk over teams like Dundee united. As hard as it is to take, they have a better team than we do.

I don't think we expect to walk over teams.

I, at least, expect them to run as fast, as hard and as long as another full time team.

You should be a bit more respectful to Ally.

You don't rate him as a manager which Is fine, many don't but telling him to 'get to fuck' is not only moronic but very short sighted.

Remember everything he has done for this club before making such cutting remarks like that.

Totally agree absolutely ashamed of the people saying such s*** about Ally disgusting

You are missing the point completely here then!

How so? The tactics are a mess, he signed some poor players, he's having trouble righting the ship...but we're still soundly winning the league. All I'm saying is if we're climbing the ladder and he's gaining experience in the process why sack him? If next season we're a division higher, soundly winning the league but he's still stumbling through it then that's sack worthy. I'm just hesitant to say we should pull the trigger at this stage in our journey back.

I wish folk would stop saying that Allys main job was to get us promoted.

His job is to build and develop Rangers on the field.

Promotion was always gonna happen and should continue to do so.

It should not distract us from the real goal - the development of our side.

My opinion is that Ally isnt shaping up as the best pair of hands for that but it is knee jerk for people to only say this after today.

Imho its been clear for some time that Ally isn't a great or even a good manager but he deserves our respect and trust that he will also recognise this.

It sickens me that we are discussing that legend of a man in such a context but there we have it