Our team isn't that good.

keithgersbear

I see people calling for McCoists head and saying the team let us down and so on. The truth is we are crap and not good enough for that level of football which shows you just how far behind we are because that Dundee Utd side had not won at home since August. Which shows you just how bad we are and how lacking in quality we are.

It is going to be a long road to get back to the standard we need to be at to get back to the top of Scottish football. What is the point in getting rid of Ally McCoist? It will change very little, we will still have a very average squad of players and will not be able to compete for any of the big domestic cups in Scotland.

Sadly our level is the 3rd division at this moment in time. People calling for the managers head aren't giving realistic targets manager wise to some one who can come on and eventually take us back to the top in Scottish football. No serious manager will join us at this moment time.

All you would be doing is replacing a manager like McCoist with some one who will just get us back to the top division and then most likely have to replace him. We aren't going to win any of the domestic cups while playing at this level of football.

The basics are not there to see on the park no shape, no desire, no fight, no urgency, passing and playing football... If you think Ally McCoist is the man to take us forward you are deluded mate.... I want / hope he moves upstairs within the club and his management team removed we need a new management team who will bring fresh ideas and get back to playing basics and attractive football. looking at yesterday i would say Ally has lost the Dressing room these players look like they don't want to play for him...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We should look at the way Gretna and Livingston worked ther way up the leagues, ok both went bust we have the finance not to.

They built a team for one season at a time when promoted got players who suited the next divison they were playing that year

It will take time and we will return to the top league in the coming years and when we do lets not forget who voted against us

One day i would love to see Rangers play football like swansea fc, but that does seem a long way off just now.

Ally has had one hand tied behind his back and i would love him to be the man to lead us back to the top playing decent football and beating all those scumbags who have tried there best to put us out of the game.

One day we will be back at the top looking down on the likes of scumdee so let them have there day of glory as we will have many more than them.

Actually wee chic dung said this weeks ago...."they're not very good"...seems we should take what wee chic says more seriously.

Difference for me yeserday after they scored the early goal I had no confidence that we would get back into the game, that wouldn't have happened in the past.

When people within the game are commenting on the lack of physical finess in our squad this is an absolute disgrace.good physical condition should be a given in the modern game.even the teams in the 3hrd div are fitter at the end of matches against us.the likes of faure perry Hutton shiels black sandaza are blowing out their arses after an hour,anyone can see this,and this is before we speak about coaching tactics set plays ,motivation etc.green will need to take a hard stance here as the wheels are starting to fall of the wagon I'm afraid

The basics are not there to see on the park no shape, no desire, no fight, no urgency, passing and playing football... If you think Ally McCoist is the man to take us forward you are deluded mate.... I want / hope he moves upstairs within the club and his management team removed we need a new management team who will bring fresh ideas and get back to playing basics and attractive football. looking at yesterday i would say Ally has lost the Dressing room these players look like they don't want to play for him...

Agree.

Desire,Motivation, Will to win, tactics,shape are all the responsibility of the Manager and Coaching Team.

All the above are lacking at Rangers.

Can anyone enlighten me what exactly Durranty brings to the team. I genuinely don't know.

<cr>

We all knew this was going to be a very long and hard journey for Rangers. I know it's hard to watch at the minute but all this ranting and raving about sacking this one and getting rid of that one is getting us nowhere, who are we going to play? we can't sign anyone until September. This is a four year strategy, it's not going to happen overnight so we are going to have to be patient, keep up the marvelous support and encourage them at every opportunity because we are RANGERS and WE ARE THE PEOPLE

We were never winning that game yesterday , we have a squad who will be good enough at getting promotion for a couple of years .

Hopefully when we are back where we belong at least 9 of that team will be nowhere near Ibrox ...........

Have to agree with sasssaaaa *shudders at the thought*

The squad will do what it was thrown together to do, which is win us back to back promotions, by that time we will be able to go back into the transfer market and make wholesale changes in the squad ( unless some of the players have drastically changed their game)

Remember this squad was thrown together in just over 20 days, we had to basically get a whole new team or players, and we have no real backup to challenge for the places at the team. We knew months ago that some of these players are not good enough, but we cant replace them. We need way more depth because TBH half our current team would not even make decent backup players at a higher level.

Ally is by no means blameless, but our squad is pants and until we can make signings there is nothing much that can be done with it. For those saying lets get rid of Ally.... No manager worth his salt is going to come to Rangers right now with the transfer embargo in place.

I ask you to go through that rangers line up and what ones utd would take in a heart beat, alexander, cribari, wallace, black, shiels, templeton, sandaza. The buck lies with mccoist and co not being able to motivate players and set out a team to win.

most of them have been playing together for years. and at a higher level than we are currently playing.

The only "young" players we had were hutton little and perry. who aren't even young, hutton has played in the champs league against man utd and all 3 have been at rangers for years and know what it's all about. The only "young" inexperienced was faure who i thought was better than both little and perry and looked up for it.

most of them have been playing together for years. and at a higher level than we are currently playing.

That is nothing more than yet another excuse mate...we have to stop looking for justifications why we are under performing and not progressing as a team and fix it.

For the record the experience and alleged pedigree (to justify wages) of our players should be able to compete man for man with utd...

That is nothing more than yet another excuse mate...we have to stop looking for justifications why we are under performing and not progressing as a team and fix it.

For the record the experience and alleged pedigree (to justify wages) of our players should be able to compete man for man with utd...

not sure if serious.

The only "young" players we had were hutton little and perry. who aren't even young, hutton has played in the champs league against man utd and all 3 have been at rangers for years and know what it's all about. The only "young" inexperienced was faure who i thought was better than both little and perry and looked up for it.

my point was not that we played a young team, my point was that while utd. had a younger average....they have been playing as a team for years.

FWIW I thought our team actually looked worse with all our "experienced" players in it, than it does when we play the kids.

not sure if serious.

100% serious...go through their team and barring Russell and McKay-Steven who you could compare with Templeton...on paper who in their team is better than ours...if you were offered at the start of the season black or rankin who would you have taken? Sheils or Armstrong? Daly or Sandaza?

They had a full back playing at centre half...we are underachieving and the way we are playing and setting up has slot to do with that!

100% serious...go through their team and barring Russell and McKay-Steven who you could compare with Templeton...on paper who in their team is better than ours...if you were offered at the start of the season black or rankin who would you have taken? Sheils or Armstrong? Daly or Sandaza?

They had a full back playing at centre half...we are underachieving and the way we are playing and setting up has slot to do with that!

do we play on paper mate?

Wage size means nothing IMHO, and I think half the utd team would walk into our current squad. Armstrong showed more than shiels, Daly showed more than Sandaza. Russel showed more than temps and on and on and on.

do we play on paper mate?

Wage size means nothing IMHO, and I think half the utd team would walk into our current squad. Armstrong showed more than shiels, Daly showed more than Sandaza. Russel showed more than temps and on and on and on.

Yes they all did but why? And if they are all better why are we paying them double what the utd boys are on....You claimed they had a better and more experienced team than ours but going back to my question...at the start if the season which ones would you honestly have took?

If your answer is what I'm sure it would be then why are we not performing? Instead of looking for excuses we have to fix it! And accept we are missing a big opportunity.

ahahahaha i am stoned and just realised i read your original post wrong mate. I thought you wrote we should be able to compete man for man with MAN UTD :P

much apologies, you are right, our team "should" on paper be good enough to at least give utd problems.

sorry :)

ahahahaha i am stoned and just realised i read your original post wrong mate. I thought you wrote we should be able to compete man for man with MAN UTD :P

much apologies, you are right, our team "should" on paper be good enough to at least give utd problems.

sorry :)

Well puff, puff, pass then gogsy....stop hogging! ; )

exactly, why I don't understand the constant comments bout us being SPL level, our players not being rangers class. I'm curious what we can go for where we are just now that is rangers class. Who would come who is rangers class.

alot of the players dont have the heart for a fight. Look at Templeton without any pressure at hearts was a very good player, look at him lately and all I see is an unhappy player not enjoying his time on the pitch.

They dont look like they enjoy playing for the biggest team in Scotland, time away would do a few of them the world of good. The talents there but for reasons unknown the players arent showing it