A simplistic view on todays performance!

scarkev

You are fucking pathetic....referring to a fellow bear as a cunt online for that? You need to get a fucking grip!

I would love you to call someone a cunt to their face for referring to a player as the Greek (a well accepted jovial name for him for us who actually go to the games) and see what happens to you...easy to be the hardman behind a keyboard!

Oh. The. Irony .

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. The. Irony .

Going back to your original post...why could you not have just said "it's not hard to say and it certainly isn't hard to spell"...where was the need to add you cunt?

Were you trying to start an argument or does it make you feel hard or self important responding like that? Also you read the whole op and that was your contribution to the thread?

The second half is how we should be aiming to play for the rest of the season. Quicker decisive passing and movement and Queens Park couldn't match us and reverted to putting the boot in.

Definetly, when we move the ball quickly and maintain our width it makes it very difficult for these teams to defend against for 90 minutes as it stretches them and I think it was noticeable for the first time in a while the opposition tiring as a result.

Going back to your original post...why could you not have just said "it's not hard to say and it certainly isn't hard to spell"...where was the need to add you cunt?

Were you trying to start an argument or does it make you feel hard or self important responding like that? Also you read the whole op and that was your contribution to the thread?

Ok , perhaps the "you cunt" was uncalled for .

But I didn't read the whole post , I replied as soon as I read you calling him "the Greek" as its something that really bugs me . He's been at the club now for 7 or 8 months and imo it shows either a lack of respect or its sheer laziness not to call him by his name .

Having now read the full op I think you make some very good points , points that have been made on numerous occasions by numerous posters over the last month or so including myself . There is no doubt in my mind that playing a starting eleven with players in their favoured position (even if the may not be a first choice) would benefit the team far more than shoehorning in our eleven best players on paper .

I'm going to be controversial here but I thought Barrie had a truly dreadful first half but was better in the second. Why he was taking corners is beyond me he rarely gets it past the first man. He needs more upper body strength as there are times when he doesn't take players on due to this lack of strength. Yes he's quick but he needs more to his game than that and imo he should be used as an impact player while he develops the rest of his game. I do have high hopes that he will add to his game as he matures but I do think some of the praise is a little too high for him when compared to others.

On a more positive note I thought that the shape of the team was much better as the game went on and, if it hadn't been for another dire refereeing performance we could have added a couple more to the tally.

I am prepared for the onslaught but I think that it needed saying after some of the OTT comments earlier in the thread.

Ok , perhaps the "you cunt" was uncalled for .

But I didn't read the whole post , I replied as soon as I read you calling him "the Greek" as its something that really bugs me . He's been at the club now for 7 or 8 months and imo it shows either a lack of respect or its sheer laziness not to call him by his name .

Having now read the full op I think you make some very good points , points that have been made on numerous occasions by numerous posters over the last month or so including myself . There is no doubt in my mind that playing a starting eleven with players in their favoured position (even if the may not be a first choice) would benefit the team far more than shoehorning in our eleven best players on paper .

Shat it!!

:o)

Remember the rules on here if Ally wins he's got lucky if he loses he's a shit manager.

No grey areas allowed.

Why did you need to bring ally into the equation when there has been no direct reference to him on this thread....at times I think the main issue that arises is that some people get so defensive of ally when nobody is attacking him that it creates this myth that there are lots against him.

I'm going to be controversial here but I thought Barrie had a truly dreadful first half but was better in the second. Why he was taking corners is beyond me he rarely gets it past the first man. He needs more upper body strength as there are times when he doesn't take players on due to this lack of strength. Yes he's quick but he needs more to his game than that and imo he should be used as an impact player while he develops the rest of his game. I do have high hopes that he will add to his game as he matures but I do think some of the praise is a little too high for him when compared to others.

On a more positive note I thought that the shape of the team was much better as the game went on and, if it hadn't been for another dire refereeing performance we could have added a couple more to the tally.

I am prepared for the onslaught but I think that it needed saying after some of the OTT comments earlier in the thread.

I'm a big fan of Barry, but I'd agree with you - although our corners were marginally better today than they have been. But who would you have take them in his place?

TBH, and it pains me to say this, but I think all our corners are absolutely atrocious - every team we've played this season has been better at corners than us.

Our free kicks were a lot better today - but that's still another area that's been really poor.

And throw-ins just make my blood boil. If it's ours - you can guarantee they will get the ball, and if it's theirs, you can guarantee we'll not win the ball. What is going on there???

Half the time, if we have a set piece or a throw in, we'd be as well just booting the ball to their keeper.

Sort it out Ally!

The way some are going on you would think today was a one off we are 22 points clear ha

The op and in general the concern of alot of posters is not in relation to the points tally or even the results it's in relation to performances and progress...at this level and with our resources, for the benefit of the club long term we should be looking to do more than just win sfl3.

scarkev my man .Two very good spots .The Greek did indeed push us further up using the right side and the whole team played as a unit linking the play up much better of late with good quality creativity .Sad thing for me today though ,I was going to put 5on 4-0 and said to my mate .Then noticed coupon already filled at snack bit and I decided to put this on instead which was 3-1 .Then after a good result I was driving away up passed the Quay cinema and I got stopped with cops doing me for being onmy mobile phone .They had been hiding trying to catch people just heading into centre from there .Gutted after this and it wasted my day

On the Corner Kick Issue - its made me think when was the last time we scored

from a direct kick from the corner and it has been headed straight into the net ?

Now unless i,m mistaken and someone can archive this scenario

seriously cant remember it happening for since subbuteo was popular .

On the Corner Kick Issue - its made me think when was the last time we scored

from a direct kick from the corner and it has been headed straight into the net ?

Now unless i,m mistaken and someone can archive this scenario

seriously cant remember it happening for since subbuteo was popular .

They had this routine of short corner, then in near and low for McCulloch to swing onto. It worked once (twice maybe?), and so they tried it continually for the next 3 months and it didn't work at all :(

Going on today's showing, they seem to have finally given up on the short corner, and have decided to just try and get it in the box, which is encouraging. But they're all still being hit too weak and too short, and are usually easily cleared by the first defender.

I've just mentioned on the Ian Black thread that I remember him putting in some good corners early in the season. Maybe time to give him another chance?

We have a major weakness when other teams exploit and gain - set pieces- Its an area that we have to improve on .

Corner kicks - Have we a centre half that relishes the chance to get on the scoresheet - no

Free Kicks - Have we a threat from any player to scare teams - No

So unless we score from open play we have limited options and its all down to the murray park training

how do we improve and PRACTICE to score from a dead ball situation.

...So unless we score from open play we have limited options...

While I agree with what you say, at the end of the day we'd all rather see goals scored from open play. So as long as we can manage to keep rattling them in from open play, I'll live with our set-piece inadequacies