A simplistic view on todays performance!

scarkev

We have a major weakness when other teams exploit and gain - set pieces- Its an area that we have to improve on .

Corner kicks - Have we a centre half that relishes the chance to get on the scoresheet - no

Free Kicks - Have we a threat from any player to scare teams - No

So unless we score from open play we have limited options and its all down to the murray park training

how do we improve and PRACTICE to score from a dead ball situation.

One of my biggest gripes for a long while now has been the standard and variation of our set pieces. Essentially a set piece is a closed skill and yet we really struggle to profit from and defend against them.

It's well documented in this country players tend to only train in the mornings. If I was in charge I would have all the players in for an afternoon session to work on the technical side of the game and set pieces. No reason a professional footballer shouldn't be able to take an effective free kick/corner. It looked to me in the first half they didn't know who was supposed to be taking them!

I was much happier with the shape today as a result of points made earlier and we created alot of opportunities in open play but imagine how much more emphatic we could be if we took advantage of our free kicks and corners more regularly.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The op and in general the concern of alot of posters is not in relation to the points tally or even the results it's in relation to performances and progress...at this level and with our resources, for the benefit of the club long term we should be looking to do more than just win sfl3.

The op and in general the concern of alot of posters is not in relation to the points tally or even the results it's in relation to performances and progress...at this level and with our resources, for the benefit of the club long term we should be looking to do more than just win sfl3.

& thanks to Ally we will :praise: :praise: :praise:

A weeks along time but have to agree after last week -it wasnt good to see us turned over and worst of all

how easy we made an average team - they arent going to win Zilch yet again or in the near future.

Our team will improve over time but ally has to keep the same faces and if we keep the young lads

we have just one obstacle to overcome is attitude and believing in what we do.

We have through circumstances - had the chance to get rid of the foreign wasters

and what football should be about in my view showcase your club and home grown players.

Arsene wenger at Arsenal has Wiltshire and chamberline wing - fantastic players and homegrown

we are doing what we should have done years ago - it works

The opposition is shite.

Simple really. Don't look into it too much folks, we are still a bad side playing even worse teams.

No ones saying wer brilliant or going ott about one pretty good performance especially at this level but its all about progression...as long as we are moving in the right direction I think the majority of us will take that until we are back in the top flight.

Today emphasised that with players played in their natural positions and with more care in possession improvements can be made with our current squad.

Why did you need to bring ally into the equation when there has been no direct reference to him on this thread....at times I think the main issue that arises is that some people get so defensive of ally when nobody is attacking him that it creates this myth that there are lots against him.

You think Ally would not come into the equation regarding the teams performance.

Funny he seems to come into the equation when we lose.

You think Ally would not come into the equation regarding the teams performance.

Funny he seems to come into the equation when we lose.

Ally, by his own admission is in a no win situation this year....with our resources, squad and full time status we should be winning games and playing at a notably higher standard than the opposition...the problem is when we drop points or play as poorly as we have on occasion ally does take a fair bit of criticism...

Now I have defended ally and am not having a go but today's line up was rather forced upon him due to injuries...for weeks we have been playing players out of position and haven't addressed our deficiencies down the right...now that isn't the only factors that affect performance but they were very simple factors that could have been addressed before now...when everyone is fit and if we start progressing and consistently playing to a decent standard I will be the first one to praise ally.

You are fucking pathetic....referring to a fellow bear as a cunt online for that? You need to get a fucking grip!

I would love you to call someone a cunt to their face for referring to a player as the Greek (a well accepted jovial name for him for us who actually go to the games) and see what happens to you...easy to be the hardman behind a keyboard!

Derek and Clive anyone?

Ally, by his own admission is in a no win situation this year....with our resources, squad and full time status we should be winning games and playing at a notably higher standard than the opposition...the problem is when we drop points or play as poorly as we have on occasion ally does take a fair bit of criticism...

Now I have defended ally and am not having a go but today's line up was rather forced upon him due to injuries...for weeks we have been playing players out of position and haven't addressed our deficiencies down the right...now that isn't the only factors that affect performance but they were very simple factors that could have been addressed before now...when everyone is fit and if we start progressing and consistently playing to a decent standard I will be the first one to praise ally.

right got it your not having a go at Ally but today was down to luck is that right

It's a subtle dig at Ally. I.e. it's not down to Ally that we won today, he was 'forced' into it.

It's not a dig at all...I absolutely hate this chip on the shoulder mentality on here sometimes when it comes to ally. Not once have I called for ally to go and I have continually supported him but that doesn't mean you can't question the progress and set up of our team.

I'm a big fan of Barry, but I'd agree with you - although our corners were marginally better today than they have been. But who would you have take them in his place?

TBH, and it pains me to say this, but I think all our corners are absolutely atrocious - every team we've played this season has been better at corners than us.

Our free kicks were a lot better today - but that's still another area that's been really poor.

And throw-ins just make my blood boil. If it's ours - you can guarantee they will get the ball, and if it's theirs, you can guarantee we'll not win the ball. What is going on there???

Half the time, if we have a set piece or a throw in, we'd be as well just booting the ball to their keeper.

Sort it out Ally!

Throw ins have been a bugbear for years; I did suggest before it would be less dangerous if we gave up the right to our throw ins because they tend to give possession to the opposition anyway especially when someone tries to play it back to the thrower and neither has the basic ball control and touch to make that work.

Cobbled together a team from nothing after we were torn apart in the Summer.

Most of the teams in this division and the one above have to do this every year. We are in pole position to easily win the league so if that is all people want then they will be happy.

We all want this but expect full time professionals to exhibit more skill,ability,fitness and footballing tempo than has been seen in the majority of our games and expect to see a team set up in a formation that suits the players with the team looking organised and prepared.

People expect a full time squad to be fitter,better organised,have superior ball skills,passing ability,expertise at set pieces and fitness than part time players; that is the point no matter what happened in the summer.