Charles Green to buy back Arsenal shares

Johnny Hubbard

The original world cup was stolen and was later retrieved. Perhaps getting our shares back will add similar intrigue to our history. Btw; fuck craig whyte, he's a lowlife piece of scum & canny wait for ticketus to get him to jail & mr big sorting him out in the shower, (probably mr big's a tim).

Well done Charles, I posted ages ago how important it was to get these shares back (and took a few pelters)

Those shares are important for 3 reasons

1) They have a value in themselves. (this is of relatively minor importance)

2) They are an important part of our history and heritage. Why do other Bears have a problem with taking back these important mementoes that were effectively stolen from us ?

3) They will help us renew a liason with one of the biggest teams in the country and Europe, one of which we had great traditions with throughout both our glorious histories. I consider myself priviliged to have attended the Centenary match we played against Arsenal to celebrate our first 100 years.

See any negatives in above ?

Meaningless? 100 years from now I'd hope our fans aren't sayin the same thing.

I expect we would stilll be looking back on our even more glorious history and remembering the great Centenary game against Arsenal and hopefully how we retrieved the lost shares.

It is our our heritage and history.

Suppose they tried to take our titles, should we just wait a 100 years and forget it ?

I think it would be a great gesture and totally within the spirit of the club to get the shares back

for example:

if some crook gets into your cherished home, steals items of great historical and sentimental value: items that are worth way way more than face value alone; items that represent a true bond of friendship, one that has grown and developed over the decades, and then flogs them off, then I think it is totally within the spirit of things to work your hardest to get those items back.

just my opinion

Ok hold on, let me do the maths on this one. Usmanov bought 16 shares for 230,000, and only needs 21 more shares to own 30% of Arsenal? That means 16 shares is worth about 8% in Arsenal? We owned 8% of Arsenal? And sold it for peanuts?

Somebody is talking shite.

Ok hold on, let me do the maths on this one. Usmanov bought 16 shares for 230,000, and only needs 21 more shares to own 30% of Arsenal? That means 16 shares is worth about 8% in Arsenal? We owned 8% of Arsenal? And sold it for peanuts?

Usmanov owns something like 29.2% of Arsenal. I can't remember the exact figure but it's a tiny percentage left that he needs to bring it up to 30%

Waste of money , history behind them is gone , rather the money was used toward the general staff wage bill , much more meaning and more worthwhile.

Are you suggesting we should allow our history to be taken away without a fight ?

You suggest the "history is gone", and suggesting an alternative to getting them back. I am sugesting we should fight back for those shares and the associated history.

Those shares are part of our history.

I think he already had shares... we didn't own 8% of Arsenal ffs... :lol:

Surely it is all about putting the Craig Whyte wrongs right. I'm all for it.

It is a huge gesture not just to us fans but to a massive English club. I want Arsenal to know just how important those shares were to Rangers and our fans and that it was a low life shyster that sold them without the consent or knowledge of our support.

You suggest the "history is gone", and suggesting an alternative to getting them back. I am sugesting we should fight back for those shares and the associated history.

Those shares are part of our history.

I agree getting them back is right , What i meant was the damage has been done to the original history , and i think we still have bigger things to concentrate on right at this moment .

I agree getting them back is right , What i meant was the damage has been done to the original history , and i think we still have bigger things to concentrate on right at this moment .

Understand your point about getting house in order first, and for me it is partly sentimental,but can also see the business/commercial possibilty of this move, not only on a PR basis, but in making some links to an EPL team, one which has influence in the European structures too.