Charles Green to buy back Arsenal shares

Johnny Hubbard

In the Record

CHARLES GREEN has claimed he’ll heal another wound from Craig Whyte’s reign by buying back Rangers’ shares in Arsenal.

]Shamed former owner Whyte flogged 102 years of history when he cashed in on the link between the clubs last year.

He struck a deal worth more than £230,000 when he sold the 16 shares to Russian magnate Alisher Usmanov, a story that was exclusively revealed by Record Sport.

]Green is adamant they will be heading north again but far from looking to sell off slices of his stake, Usmanov is desperate to increase his shareholding and needs 21 more shares to own 30 per cent of the club.

let's hope he succeeds

In the Record

CHARLES GREEN has claimed he’ll heal another wound from Craig Whyte’s reign by buying back Rangers’ shares in Arsenal.

]Shamed former owner Whyte flogged 102 years of history when he cashed in on the link between the clubs last year.

He struck a deal worth more than £230,000 when he sold the 16 shares to Russian magnate Alisher Usmanov, a story that was exclusively revealed by Record Sport.

]Green is adamant they will be heading north again but far from looking to sell off slices of his stake, Usmanov is desperate to increase his shareholding and needs 21 more shares to own 30 per cent of the club.

let's hope he succeeds

Why do you hope he succeeds, JH?

*EDIT

I'm asking that question on the premise that you hope Usmanov succeeds in gaining 30% shares of our club, NOT that CG succeeds in getting the Arsenal shares back....just to clear things up. :pipe:

What's the point? It's meaningless, he may aswell buy shares in tesco. Whyte selling the Arsenal shares is the thing that really got to me but Green trying to buy them back is a pointless PR stunt, they wont represent the same thing anymore.

*EDIT

I'm asking that question on the premise that you hope Usmanov succeeds in gaining 30% shares of our club, NOT that CG succeeds in getting the Arsenal shares back....just to clear things up. :pipe:

Haven't you just answered your own question then with that elongated edit?

Appears obvious Mr Hubbard wishes us to retrieve our shares.

A waste of money in my opinion. That small and lovely segment of our history was stolen from us by Craig Whyte.

Surely, there could be another and cheaper way to acknowledge our historic relationship with the Gunners?

A bi-annual pre-season friendly would be financially beneficial for both clubs, although I am aware that Arsenal's finances are in very good shape!

Haven't you just answered your own question then with that elongated edit?

Appears obvious Mr Hubbard wishes us to retrieve our shares.

Not really. I asking him who he wishes to succeed; Usmanov or Green,because it seems to me that to get our original shares back, Usmanov has to sell them to Green, but according to that article, Usmanov is unlikely to do so.

*EDIT

our club? Usmanov has shares in Arsenal no?

If it was going to be a gift from Arsenal I can understand that. While they wouldn't be the same shares, in another 100 years they would still be ours and still reflect the history between the clubs. If we have to purchase them then I don't see the point of it.

In the Record

let's hope he succeeds

Waste of money , history behind them is gone , rather the money was used toward the general staff wage bill , much more meaning and more worthwhile.