Will Your Anchor Hold?

Dan Dan Ey

What !! You can't see where the post I responded to might belittle those of no faith ?

He is absolutely accurate when he says there are Rangers supporters of atheist persuasion who are keen to sever all ties to our Protestant heritage - if BP9 was online Im sure he would attest to that. I accept that doesn't mean every atheist Rangers supporter, but I can identify with where he is coming from.

Your comment

I don't need some made up belief to satisfy my conscience that I support a fantastic club

Belittles all of us who have an active faith, and who see our support of Rangers as an extension of our culture, our up bringing and our faith.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent but why omit the point it was in response to. Or is the bibles ability to predict the future, as is the claim, beyond challenge.

Perhaps you should consider my posts a test of faith.

So you say your not belittling those of faith, yet still claim the higher ground with a statement like this?

No, your a well balanced person, but I'm not being sarcastic. Honest.

So you say your not belittling those of faith, yet still claim the higher ground with a statement like this?

No, your a well balanced person, but I'm not being sarcastic. Honest.

Simple question, does the Bible predict the future? Im dont recall anything in it that does.

so Rangers is exclusively for people with your views?

Rangers is for all - and that includes those that relish their history and culture, even tho' you are consistently moving away from the football club topic, and challenging that faith. Back to the main topic, this hymn "Will your anchor hold", fits in nicely with The Rangers history and culture. For yourself and fellow atheists, you should do the respectful thing to your club and your fellow supporters, and stick to the football issue.

He was saying that we are known as a Protestant club. Maybe that is not important to you, which i have no problem with, but to many others, it is important.

Perhaps its part of our Protestant upbringing M - we are tolerant of their atheist views whereas they appear to be intolerant of ours.

But that was my point, as a club hymn it is a matter for those who practice a faith to decide its suitability. However within this thread its now moved to a match day anthem, that surely is a different matter all together, especially for those who take their faith seriously.

The papes would love this thread. In a few weeks they'll have two Popes, one with red socks and a bunnet and the other stuck in the basement playing Ping Pong with the choir boys and we're arguing over a harmless song.

Apparently the old one (Nazi, pedophile, genocide apologist) will be in the nick and the new one will be skint.

Either you've never read it or you have a bad memory. What's the difference between the Old Testament & The New Testament.

As far as Im aware both were written after the event so Im not sure how that fits with the idea of predictive reliability.

Look lads, lets give all the athiest v proddy stuff the boot. This is simple - do you like the song and the substance behind it.

Listen to this and the video and ask yourself has this the makings of a great new anthem for us.

My opinion is a resounding yes and I think Bill McMurdo, supporters groups and the club DJ promote this ASAP.

I will make it simple for ya, you die and go to Heaven if you believe, only in your world? :rolleyes: You not got " an anchor" so where will you go?

Up in smoke and back to the dirt. Its not a revolutionary concept but one which I think will be fairly likely.

As far as Im aware both were written after the event so Im not sure how that fits with the idea of predictive reliability.

Amongst many many predictions, the Old Testament predicted the New Testament. And if you are aware, you need to be far more aware than what you currently are.