Kevin Thomson Back At Hibs

Rangers Lady

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, Thomson pisses all over Brown!

Not really. Thomson had very little pace even before the injuries. Brown is much quicker. Neither player is a good passer and both can put in a tackle. Brown is, of course a dickhead but so is Maradonna so we can't really count that.

I'd say Brown is the better player, but tbh I don't really rate either.

Best of luck to Kevin. Hope he gets a good run, free from injuries.

He loved playing for our club and if I remember correctly he said at the time that he never wanted to leave us, unfortunately he was a victim of the cost cutting/cashing in of Bain, Muir et al.

• 3 weeks later...

Hibernian have announced that they have completed the signing of Kevin Thomson in a short-term deal.

The midfielder has agreed to join his former club in a deal that runs until the end of the season and will see him play for free.

He is now expected to be included in the match day squad for the Edinburgh derby if his international clearance is received ahead of Sunday's game.

Former Easter Road star Thomson is a free agent since leaving Middlesbrough in January and has been training with Hibs in recent weeks.

Hibs manager Pat Fenlon had previously played down the possibility of signing the player, citing budget constraints, but Thomson said he had put personal financial gain to one side to allow him to get playing again.

“With finances so tight at the moment, I’ve decided to put the club first and play for free," he told Hibs' official website. "I’m looking forward to being back playing for Hibs again.

"I want to help the team to achieve as much success as possible between now and the end of May.

"I always gave my all for the shirt and I’m looking to produce committed performances that will help the team challenge for a top-six place and for the Scottish Cup."

Fenlon said: "Kevin is a fantastic player, who will add extra quality to the squad and we’re pleased to be able to sign him. The fact that he has agreed to play for nothing speaks volumes about his attitude and the squad will benefit from his experience and leadership qualities.

Thomson made 56 appearances for Middlesbrough in three years at the Riverside Stadium, suffering injury problems that hampered his progress.

His last game for the club was on January 18 against Leicester and he agreed a contract termination shortly after.

The midfielder began his career at Hibernian in 2003, playing for four seasons before a move to Rangers.

Don't like hibs but I wish him well. Pretty crazy that he is playing for free.

I know some people seem to like when players don't do well elsewhere but it's quite embarrassing that so many players move from here and fail. If we are to demand top dollar for players then we need the 1s who do move to play well.

Great competitor - did a really good job especially in 2008 working away in front of David Weir as we went on the ride that took us to Manchester.

Also - I will never forget the 2 crunching tackles he welcomed tattle muncher Roy Keane to Ibrox Stadium with - that arsewipe never got over them!

Is it too unrealistic to see him and Black playing together in the middle next season?

I believe Black is faultering with the lack of talent around him. There is no movement from anybody in the team and when Black has the ball and there IS a lot of movement 8/10 times he picks out a good forward pass.

KT would be a good partner for him... Maybe Black could get forward more? Whatever it's going to be, the real change we need is movement on the park. Yesterday Wallace was bombing forward and got to the edge of the box where the 3 forwards (Little, McCulloch and Naismith) were all stood across the box in a straight line looking for a pass. Each should have been making individual runs looking for a pass/cross to attack and create space at the same time rather than standing in a line.

If he gets and stays fit - i would love to see him back. Big Weir said what a great job he did in front of the back four and if he could do it again it might help sort out our problems there.

It is true he never wanted to leave Ibrox and I reckon he could be a good influence on our younger players. His resolve can't be questioned - he has come back twice from cruciate injuries!

It will be good to see how he does till the end of the season.

Returning players don't always work out but - a pay as you play deal might work?