ESPN during the match *update

WilliamFyfe

This is an excuse by them because they feel that they have to support Burley because of what was sang about his wife.

i blame his wife...if she hadn't have.....they wouldn't have..

Anyway without the singing and atmosphere that wee shitty ground would have been unwatchable for national television.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a competition - we shouldn't be doing it.

thats what I said few song that shouldn't have been sung but I've herd worse from the great unwashed and nothing said by commentators or the fucking press.bbc had this story up before the game was done yet Celtic fans fighting,pissing and Provo songs takes 4 days to reach the press.

It's not a competition who's the best or worst. We (RFC supporters) should pack it in - for the benefit of our club, and our own supporters.

Have I said its a competition?

I'm merely making the point that a lot worse is said and done by another set of fans while almost nothing is done. Did the BBC highlight the Dens Park antics as much as yesterday's singing?

Also the first part of your username would be banned by the like of Cosgrove etc if they had the chance.

We can't withdraw our custom from the bbc but we can with espn and I think we should all consider doing this ... it's time to fight back!

Done this as soon as we entered Admin.

ESPN are scum with a Republican Irish connection as thick as Thieves.

Quite simply no Penny from me will go towards any TV chanel newspaper or Radio station with the slightest hint of anything Republican.As you say Thermo we have no choice with bbc.

They have a monopoly and its obvious.

Can't make that shit up :lol:

Even when the EPL is full of its racism shite you'd never see ESPN say sorry for racist chants and they'll report that

Laughable. Fucking cunts

I went out right on the half time whislte and came back in just as the game had kicked off, that is fukin shocking!

I thought people were talking about Derek Rae's comments during the game where he said that the police were investigating it.

I'm not on Twitter but maybe those that are should ask @raystubbs if he intends to continue to report all sectarian/racist/illegal singing to the police from now on?

I would like to hear some answers from Ray as well, don't do twitter right enough - can any twitterati advise whether has he responded as yet r.e. our game?

Not sure if this has already been said but if they felt that some of the singing was offensive and had recieved complaints then why did they not just reduce the volume coming across on tv?

Would this not have been the correct thing to do as a broadcaster instead of keeping the volume up and then having to keep apologising. I'm not excusing some of the songs yesterday but ESPN's response was strange to say the least.

I hope next time this starts all Bears waste no time in getting in touch with espn and shame them into making another announcement

People wont because they dont want to have a 'taig mentality' which is why they will get away with it again and again, neutrals are too scared of the anti-catholic card being played and our fans wont do anything that make them feel like taigs which i completly understand but this is a war and in war sometimes dirty moves are needed.

Not sure if this has already been said but if they felt that some of the singing was offensive and had recieved complaints then why did they not just reduce the volume coming across on tv?

Would this not have been the correct thing to do as a broadcaster instead of keeping the volume up and then having to keep apologising. I'm not excusing some of the songs yesterday but ESPN's response was strange to say the least.

If it was any other team they would have but this was Rangers and as well as suiting the mhanks agenda its also great publicity for ESPN when before has the broadcaster got more attention.than the match they were showing?

Interestingly on the Sky sports website today there is absolutely nothing about the singing on the main page. The match report only deals in football. Obviousley because its on ESPN, Sky are not interested, but the absence of major coverage on it is notable.

While there is no doubt singing the songs does us no favours, I wonder if ESPN have simpy made as much of this as possible, to give themselves some coverage and exposure.

I watched the ESPN feed today and apart from this clip, I heard the play by play commentator, I forget his name, apologize for bad language and sectarian singing. I never made out any words of a sectarian song except one. 'We're up to our knees .....' , but the ususal offending word - F***** - did not come through. Whether they had dampened it or not I don't know. I did hear a bit of swearing, and tellingly I heard on perhaps four or five occasions the fans self-policing by booing down some other songs before they could get into full swing. I heard 'The Sash', 'Our Fathers Brave and Bold', and many others. I did not hear 'F**k the P**e' or 'F***** ' at any time. I heard the main commentator say on two occasions that he must apologize for sectarian singing and once that ESPN would report the sectarian singing to the police, who were from Newcastle. At no time did Burley say a word about any of it. Personally I heard nothing that was offensive; or in the case of bad language, nothing I hadn't heard at football grounds before. I guess you had to be there, eh? I thought the pronouncements and apologies from ESPN were highly unusual. Maybe it was the same guy who was offended by the Poppy Day half-time activities at Ibrox who complained.

You're mistaken if you think the rangers fans were booing their own.

The police were booed when they turned up on mass and whenever they got their cameras out, along with a few random incidents on the pitch.

How many of those condemning the fans were actually at the game yesterday?

On the whole they were great. The 'sectarian' songs weren't even the most prevalent of the season.

"We paid for hats, we paid for your hats, what a waste of council tax, we paid for your hats"