For the Sake of Our Club

Gaz92

I haven't been posting of late. All the negativity against Mr McCoist had just been bringing me down and the last thing i wanted was to start arguing with my brethren, when we should be standing shoulder to shoulder, but I can't let this shitstorm pass without comment and this will be my last comment on Rangers Media.

As one such poster commented to another brother "Yer a dinosaur" and you auld guard need tae GTF yer no needed or wanted at Ibrox. That's exactly how I feel now, i'm not walking away from the club, but the club seems to be leaving me, I cheered her success on the terraces of Hampden, with black ash clouds billowing around and disguising me as a wandering minstrel and sneezing would shoot voluminous amounts of black snot everywhere. Just to see us vanquish our many enemies. We sang our songs OH did we sing our songs, on the bus, the street, the ground and back to the bus, what days. A united support fighting for the cause,

All that was allowed to slide for years and we had a period of appeasement and silent dignity. They hatched their plans against us.

There's no need to go through the events of February last year again. we remember it all very well. But theres one incident i remember distinctly. A string of incredible referee decisions made by the hapless Iain Brines. Virtually the whole crowd blasted the song "Who's the Finechap in the black?" Not a small minority. So I was led to believe we were still brethren together. In the next few months it was a strong bond. I had never seen as so unified. So unified that (i'm going to let you into a secret) I actually decided to sponsor fellow fans tickets for Ibrox last season. I insisted on anonymity from Bluepeter, because I didn't want praise and plaudits, I just wanted to let a brother see the Gers if they weren't able to, due to finances.

That unanimity now seems gone, We have bears grassing other bears for singing songs. We have the club condemning the fans at a game, before the game is even finished. We have arguments on here slagging our own and the real enemy is laughing. Then we have bloggers running us down all over the web, maybe their new title can be capo and we can all walk quietly to the showers.

Perhaps the dinosaur tag is pertinent. My days are past and shall just content myself watching our past glories on youtube.

So tell me oh PR gurus, help me oh wringers of the hands and capos to be.

What do I and people of my like do? Lapse the season ticket, sell the shares, stop buying merchandise and no more subs to RTV? By my calculations i'll be a couple of grand better off a year.

So i'll close with this. I'm attending a sash bash this Friday and then the match Saturday. The way I feel at present I will go to the bash, travel to Glasgow and spend time in the orange halls or Louden, get pissed and travel back to Fife and miss the game.

Good luck to you all here on RM, some of you guys are fantastic writers and i shall still drop in to read at times, but will no longer contribute,

I'm also sure there are several fifth columnists in here and the need to be rooted out, because i feel they're a major part of what has ruined this forum for me over the last few months.

Jesus Christ, why don't you just grow up? You're going in a huff and spitting the dummy out because the club say you can't sing about the pope and Fenians anymore, and there's fans willing to back them up?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck the pope.........I like saying it and try to do so at least once a day. Thats twice now and I feel the better for it.

...and that's fine. You're a moronic bigot, we get it. In all probability you'll go to your grave with the same attitudes. That's your choice, (well your indoctrination would probably be more accurate). You can spend all day hating the Pope, going on marches, shouting about how the mumbo jumbo you follow is superior to the mumbo jumbo those dirty Cafflicks adhere to...who gives a fuck? All that's being asked of you is that you don't use Rangers Football Club as a vehicle for your mindless idiocy. Neither you or any of the other über Proddies have a right to do that, and if you really cared for the club you wouldn't do it.

The most annoying thing about this is that some people just don't understand. All through the last year, the one thing no one has really been able to do has been to criticise The Rangers' fans. Whether you agree with singing these songs or not, one thing you can't argue about is that it has damaged our club. It has given all these people the perfect opportunity to get the boot right as up to now we have been the embodiment of what a true supporter is and they have not liked it. Things have been going so well for us this has come at the worst time and will be a set back to all the positivity surrounding the us now. The worst thing is this is self inflicted no one did this to us so we can't complain or act surprised with the reaction it has provoked.

All I would ask people is, what is more important to you?

Being able to support Rangers how you wish and frack anyone else!

Being proud of being a Rangers supporter and everything that entails!

Rangers come first and anyone that would hurt, shame, discredit or tarnish our reputation by deed or action is no true Rangers supporter!

We are re - establishing The Rangers Way, remember that? We do things the way they should be done, class, honour and dignity are just the start.

WATP

I haven't been posting of late. All the negativity against Mr McCoist had just been bringing me down and the last thing i wanted was to start arguing with my brethren, when we should be standing shoulder to shoulder, but I can't let this shitstorm pass without comment and this will be my last comment on Rangers Media.

As one such poster commented to another brother "Yer a dinosaur" and you auld guard need tae GTF yer no needed or wanted at Ibrox. That's exactly how I feel now, i'm not walking away from the club, but the club seems to be leaving me, I cheered her success on the terraces of Hampden, with black ash clouds billowing around and disguising me as a wandering minstrel and sneezing would shoot voluminous amounts of black snot everywhere. Just to see us vanquish our many enemies. We sang our songs OH did we sing our songs, on the bus, the street, the ground and back to the bus, what days. A united support fighting for the cause,

All that was allowed to slide for years and we had a period of appeasement and silent dignity. They hatched their plans against us.

There's no need to go through the events of February last year again. we remember it all very well. But theres one incident i remember distinctly. A string of incredible referee decisions made by the hapless Iain Brines. Virtually the whole crowd blasted the song "Who's the Finechap in the black?" Not a small minority. So I was led to believe we were still brethren together. In the next few months it was a strong bond. I had never seen as so unified. So unified that (i'm going to let you into a secret) I actually decided to sponsor fellow fans tickets for Ibrox last season. I insisted on anonymity from Bluepeter, because I didn't want praise and plaudits, I just wanted to let a brother see the Gers if they weren't able to, due to finances.

That unanimity now seems gone, We have bears grassing other bears for singing songs. We have the club condemning the fans at a game, before the game is even finished. We have arguments on here slagging our own and the real enemy is laughing. Then we have bloggers running us down all over the web, maybe their new title can be capo and we can all walk quietly to the showers.

Perhaps the dinosaur tag is pertinent. My days are past and shall just content myself watching our past glories on youtube.

What do I and people of my like do? Lapse the season ticket, sell the shares, stop buying merchandise and no more subs to RTV? By my calculations i'll be a couple of grand better off a year.

So i'll close with this. I'm attending a sash bash this Friday and then the match Saturday. The way I feel at present I will go to the bash, travel to Glasgow and spend time in the orange halls or Louden, get pissed and travel back to Fife and miss the game.

Good luck to you all here on RM, some of you guys are fantastic writers and i shall still drop in to read at times, but will no longer contribute,

I'm also sure there are several fifth columnists in here and the need to be rooted out, because i feel they're a major part of what has ruined this forum for me over the last few months.

thats a very well written piece and for whats its worth, i think you are right; you and your kind are dinosaurs, the last flickers of flame from the 17th centuary, the last sparks from a world that is now history along with sailing ships and steam trains. go quietly into the long goodnight, you'll not be missed, while football fans watch football, talk about football and sing about football.

Few in here, seems the legislation link is the answer to any questions put to them, seems some don't.just want any sectarian songs not sung (understandable) but to try and say any sing not about rangers kinda don't sit right with me and shows it will never end as they will just find something else.

Few in here, seems the legislation link is the answer to any questions put to them, seems some don't.just want any sectarian songs not sung (understandable) but to try and say any sing not about rangers kinda don't sit right with me and shows it will never end as they will just find something else.

Claimed

Good luck to you too mate.

As a church going, Calvinistic protestant who has done the anti-Pope thing from the theological and political point of view, the songs don't exactly make sense considering most who sing them never darken the doors of a church except for the hatch, match and dispatch stuff.

So why exactly do you choose to sing "No Pope of Rome"? is it your stance against transubstantiation or Virgin Mary veneration that troubles you? Or is it the Romish doctrine of purgatory that gets your goat? None of these I suspect for the vast majority of singers. Singing these songs is as odd to me as everyone bursting into a rendition of Kumbaya at half-time.

As a church going, Calvinistic protestant who has done the anti-Pope thing from the theological and political point of view, the songs don't exactly make sense considering most who sing them never darken the doors of a church except for the hatch, match and dispatch stuff.

So why exactly do you choose to sing "No Pope of Rome"? is it your stance against transubstantiation or Virgin Mary veneration that troubles you? Or is it the Romish doctrine of purgatory that gets your goat? None of these I suspect for the vast majority of singers. Singing these songs is as odd to me as everyone bursting into a rendition of Kumbaya at half-time.

I'd happily bet money that half of those singing about fenians couldn't tell me the subtle differences between the various reformed churches in Britain never mind the difference between the reformed and the RC church.

Im really intrigued by our singing of No pope of rome.

Exactly what is wrong with this particular song?

I spoke with foCus before the game , and they mentioned its " fuck the rosery beeds" thats the only offensive line but thats not the correct line also

Anyone suggesting the sash and derry's walls is banned or sectarian is dabbling in hyperbolic nonsense.

There are some (not many) who believe these songs shouldn't be sung but that's their personal opinion and nothing more, you wont be arrested for singing these songs and the club wont be harmed.

We know exactly what songs will land bears with a criminal record and the club with sanctions if they dont cease.

Anything relating to Fenian's, the Pope or UVF are banned, have been for some time. People stating we need clarification are clutching at straws when they know fine well what's acceptable or not.

UVF 1966 is not allowed as its classed as Terror UVF 1912 is cultural and RFC has said this before to the singing section

UVF 1966 is not allowed as its classed as Terror UVF 1912 is cultural and RFC has said this before to the singing section

So lets pick a fairly vague chant which ref the UVF (albeit not heard it in a while)

We are not sectarian no, no

We are not sectarian no, no

We are not sectarian

We are the UVF

Which UVF do I mean? If plod feels its the the 'new' UVF then I'm lifted. Regardless of what my intentions were

thats a good one

but am more on the case of YCV brigade, Daddies Uniform, Here lies a soldier, A Fathers Advice, Were coming down the Road, Carson was His Name, Gunrunners, Carsons Call , Englishmans command, Number one Platoon , Shankill to the Somme, Belfast Lough, Flower of Ulster to name a few ...

I have not heard that chant in a long while since 2003ish lol but i know all songs above lyrics are legal, just look through them and tell me what can be called offensive or anti catholic.

Fenian Valley is not offensive as its refering to Ireland being under Dublin rule while the soldier is still away fighting the great war,

thats a very well written piece and for whats its worth, i think you are right; you and your kind are dinosaurs, the last flickers of flame from the 17th centuary, the last sparks from a world that is now history along with sailing ships and steam trains. go quietly into the long goodnight, you'll not be missed, while football fans watch football, talk about football and sing about football.

sorry mate but can't agree with your comment. out of order.

older fans are our roots, our heritage, part of the link in the chain.

imo nothing better than having a yarn with the older supporters

To quote a post from years ago.....

Stop the Orange Order having annual church parades at Ibrox and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Sign a catholic and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic captain and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic board member and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop singing Simply the best and The Billy boys and it will go along way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic manager and it will go a long way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop flying the Union Jack, its offensive.

Flag displays are like a Nuremburg rally.

We've had Gers players attacked, their homes vandalised, their cars vandalised.

Black socks with red tops is "up to our knees in fenian blood".

Rule Brittania is offensive.

Penny arcade is about a catholic being murdered in some amusement arcade.

Where does it end?

Oh Aye.......Drop Fuck the pope and it will end the stigma of being a sectarian club.

AYE RIGHT!

Do any of the apologists think we have given up enough yet?

with you 100% its turning into a republican city in everyway my only gripe is why do we have to sing songs that mentions the mhanky mob we dont give a fuck about them anymore so why sing about them

In which case, there can be no issue with Build My Gallows' reference to "I fought the IRA" as, in the song, the perpetrator was subsequently hanged.

The last hanging in the UK was in 1964, therefore the references in BMG cannot refer to an organisation founded in 1966.