For the Sake of Our Club

Gaz92

To quote a post from years ago.....

Stop the Orange Order having annual church parades at Ibrox and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Sign a catholic and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic captain and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic board member and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop singing Simply the best and The Billy boys and it will go along way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic manager and it will go a long way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop flying the Union Jack, its offensive.

Flag displays are like a Nuremburg rally.

We've had Gers players attacked, their homes vandalised, their cars vandalised.

Black socks with red tops is "up to our knees in fenian blood".

Rule Brittania is offensive.

Penny arcade is about a catholic being murdered in some amusement arcade.

Where does it end?

Oh Aye.......Drop Fuck the pope and it will end the stigma of being a sectarian club.

AYE RIGHT!

Do any of the apologists think we have given up enough yet?

Great post Jack .Nice reminder of why we should do our best not to turn on our own .

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop the Orange Order having annual church parades at Ibrox and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT. It did.

Sign a catholic and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT. It did.

Appoint a catholic captain and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT. It did.

Appoint a catholic board member and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT. It did.

Stop singing Simply the best and The Billy boys and it will go along way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT. It did.

Appoint a catholic manager and it will go a long way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT. It did.

Where does it end?

Oh Aye.......Drop Fuck the pope and it will end the stigma of being a sectarian club.

AYE RIGHT!

Things like Keevins 'Nuremburg Rally' comment were written off at the time as ridiculous because they were. Great let them think that Penny Arcade is about some murder in Belfast. Its not true and either way people can't be arrested over that theory. The Black Socks/Red Tops thing is another Timmy myth. I've never actually seen it given credence anywhere other than social media/forums. Never once have I seen anyone in any kind of position of power criticise Rangers over them because they know its bullshit too. Rule Britannia may be offensive to some. Theres no guide book to what is and isn't offensive, also I'm still to see or hear of anyone arrested, let alone convicted of a criminal offence solely for singing Rule Britannia.

Things like Keevins 'Nuremburg Rally' comment were written off at the time as ridiculous because they were. Great let them think that Penny Arcade is about some murder in Belfast. Its not true and either way people can't be arrested over that theory. The Black Socks/Red Tops thing is another Timmy myth. I've never actually seen it given credence anywhere other than social media/forums. Never once have I seen anyone in any kind of position of power criticise Rangers over them because they know its bullshit too. Rule Britannia may be offensive to some. Theres no guide book to what is and isn't offensive, also I'm still to see or hear of anyone arrested, let alone convicted of a criminal offence solely for singing Rule Britannia.

There's none so blind as those who will not see.........

Ab I think your wrong with this I can see lots of Rangers Protestant practicing Fans give up on Rangers because of this.Thats the hardcore of the Fanbase .I am in that category and consider my self as a practicing church going Protestant.Now the Club need to get this sorted asap and the mhedia drip drip on this could affect our club immensly.

If people want to put their faith ahead of their love for the club that's up to them. But they won't be missed.

My dad is a strong protestant and he's as bitter about catholics than anyone I've ever met. Rightly so with the stories he's told me about growing up in Greenock. But, he is not a Rangers supporter because he is protestant. He is simply a Rangers supporter and a protestant. If he can understand that these references are unacceptable at the match then it shouldn't be an issue for anyone else. I even had to convince him the Sash was not banned, just without the add ons. He sings it often and proudly (enthusiastically after some drink), naughty words included, but he wouldn't do it at the game anymore because he loves Rangers deeply and would never risk hurting the club.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

Where does it end?

AYE RIGHT!

Breaks my heart Jack, that we actually even listened! :anguish:

Some attend games because they love the club.

Some attend games because they love the club, but also recognise catholacism as an ememy and a disease.

That's just a fact. But the common factor is the love for Rangers.

Lots of different people with different views, but a fair proportion of Rangers fans will have a waryness of popery.

So no surprise if a few songs spring up now and then.

But I don't understand how this basic fact is causing so much debate - it's a fact of our fan mix.

The people who go to the games and sing the songs because they have a hatred for catholicism would never stand outside a chapel and sing it loud and proud. They would get the jail if they did. I cannot see why some people think it is o.k to sing it at the games, especially when the club has asked them not to sing it.

Breaks my heart Jack, that we actually even listened! :anguish:

And its still not enough.

Itf things keep going as they are, in ten years it will be a criminal offence to be a Rangers supporting Protestant.( and before anyone asks High Carntyne Church of Scotland)

There's none so blind as those who will not see.........

Show me I'm wrong. Has anyone been arrested for singing rule britannia? Has anyone been convicted of any crime for singing Rule Britannia? Has anyone been arrested for singing Penny Arcade? Where has anyone, outwith the celtic based internet sites, gave any weight to the 'black socks, red tops'/fenian blood link?

The club has recieved plenty of praise from virtually all quarters for the work done on 'eradicating bigotry'.Pick up any news story or opinion piece from any mainstream media source and I bet almost every last one has the line 'the club have made great strides is stamping out bigotry in recent years' or something to that effect.

Itf things keep going as they are, in ten years it will be a criminal offence to be a Rangers supporting Protestant.( and before anyone asks High Carntyne Church of Scotland)

The scary thing is mate at times it already does feel like a criminal offense to be a bear:(

Show me I'm wrong. Has anyone been arrested for singing rule britannia? Has anyone been convicted of any crime for singing Rule Britannia? Has anyone been arrested for singing Penny Arcade? Where has anyone, outwith the celtic based internet sites, gave any weight to the 'black socks, red tops'/fenian blood link?

The club has recieved plenty of praise from virtually all quarters for the work done on 'eradicating bigotry'.Pick up any news story or opinion piece from any mainstream media source and I bet almost every last one has the line 'the club have made great strides is stamping out bigotry in recent years' or something to that effect.

Why are you so obsessed with the Rule Brittania or Penny Arcade points of my post.

They were near the bottom of the list because of their smaller relevence.

The point of my post is "where does it end"?

We give an inch they want a yard. We give a yard they want a mile. We give a mile they want a hundred miles etc. etc. etc.

Pro-active was the wrong word. Apologies, long day.

CG has certainly been outspoken in defense of the club. Also there has been a couple of responses to the lies/stories from the papers like the orlit non-story, not just the JT blog.

Speaking out in defense of the club is not tackling the imbalance or destructive press lies AL. Providing a response to an erroneous or exaggerated story is not a defence either imo.

Our greatest rivals appear to have more effective strategy with regard to this - including the banning of certain journos - despite the fact far worse has been written in respect of our club not one journo has been banned.

Same thinking here. I must have been an utter toerag while growing up. Well hell mend them if they bow to this shit thats on offer now! As I have said before , handwringers want to distance themselves, but when you say you are a Rangers fan we are ALL classed the same! I will NEVER apologise for what I am, and if folk don't like it TOUGH!

The more I think of it, it's just apease, apease, apease - let them have their way.

When all singing is banned, next will be the colours - Red white and blue are offensive to Timmy. Better play in white.

It's just continuous, and the phrase, No surrender springs to mind.

It's all give on one side - our side.

Why are you so obsessed with the Rule Brittania or Penny Arcade points of my post.

They were near the bottom of the list because of their smaller relevence.

The point of my post is "where does it end"?

We give an inch they want a yard. We give a yard they want a mile. We give a mile they want a hundred miles etc. etc. etc.

Because they are two of the most ridiculous things to throw into the whole argument about sectarian songs. The fact that its just not acceptable to sing 'fuck the pope' at the football is in no way comparable to some crackpot on kds deciding we sing penny arcade because some wee guy was killed in Belfast. Some of the sheer paranoia that seems to come from Rangers fans is bonkers.

Is it correct that the club receives praise pretty much every single time the 'sectarianism' debate pops up? The papers, and remember they're all run by taigs too apparently, don't make a big song and dance every time we sign a catholic which if we were still the 'super big bad bigots' then its reasonable to think they would. Look at the reaction to Mo Johnstone being the 'first' catholic compared to Amoruso being appointed captain? It wasn't even newsworthy.

What about the Sign a Catholic ?

And Make a Catholic Captain ?

Did they appease them ?

Have they stopped ?

All the Points made are relevant to this .

The fact is they want our Club eradicated and that is exactly what this is all about .

Slurr the name of Rangers, and the share Price goes down , then all the Investors walk away .

Its been like this for Years and not any of the Club have cleared this whole Issue up.

not one journo has been banned.

I will never understand why this is the case.Keep your enemies close and all that but for me we have to make some examples .

They are queueing up to put the boot in still. I will always maintain we have gone beyond the point of reasoning with them now .

It will never work and neither will making any allowances .They will just find something else and we all know it

Speaking out in defense of the club is not tackling the imbalance or destructive press lies AL. Providing a response to an erroneous or exaggerated story is not a defence either imo.

Our greatest rivals appear to have more effective strategy with regard to this - including the banning of certain journos - despite the fact far worse has been written in respect of our club not one journo has been banned.

Weren't the BBC banned after the Ally falling montage?

You're right that they are more adept at spreading their propaganda than us. But is that any reason to not renew ST's? We are only at the start of this journey, with CG bringing in JT I'd think, and hope, we are putting in a long term strategy to readdressing the balance.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.spot on mate they will never stop as long as we keep giving them an inch they will continue to take a mile .this is not about words in a song this is about attacking our club from every angle

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

Where does it end?

AYE RIGHT!

What about the Sign a Catholic ?

And Make a Catholic Captain ?

Did they appease them ?

Have they stopped ?

All the Points made are relevant to this .

The fact is they want our Club eradicated and that is exactly what this is all about .

Slurr the name of Rangers, and the share Price goes down , then all the Investors walk away .

Its been like this for Years and not anyof the Club have cleared this whole Issue up.

You might not have noticed something but over the last 12 months our club has been closer to death than at anypoint in the near 141 years prior. Something strange happened though. We didn't die. All the plugs that could be pulled were pulled and everyone waited for us to breathe our last. It never came. Instead we got back on our feet, dusted ourself down and readied ourselves for the fight once again.

People will get offened by songs. They'll get offended by flags. They'll get offended by words.Thats the way the world is now. People by things in everyday life almost as much as football fans. When they have a valid complaint, which in the case of the anti-catholicism they do, then its in OUR best interest to change. When its things that are as ridiculous as the socks, or the fantastical reasons that some crackpot with a laptop has came up with for us singing Penny Arcade they will rightly be dismissed.