For the Sake of Our Club

Gaz92

sorry mate but can't agree with your comment. out of order.

older fans are our roots, our heritage, part of the link in the chain.

imo nothing better than having a yarn with the older supporters

its OK, i don't get upset when people have different opinions to me; i also think your right; older supporters are part of our heritage, but, as the original poster i commented on said; he feels the club is moving away from him and his type. I agree with this and am happy to follow the club away. its sad on the supporters who see the ground moving but its a modern world and some of our heritage should be laid to rest.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the club you claim to support can. (tu)

aye I've only claimed since 1976. . I've never been a bigot and I've never sang anything bigoted. the billy boys is not sectarian end of story but our support is so full of shite bags they won't fight against this unfair censorship.

aye I've only claimed since 1976. . I've never been a bigot and I've never sang anything bigoted. the billy boys is not sectarian end of story but our support is so full of shite bags they won't fight against this unfair censorship.

Go and sing TBB in your nearest Police station. See how you get on in court.

If you don't do it you're a fucking coward!

Go and sing TBB in your nearest Police station. See how you get on in court.

I'll sing it no problem and record myself change one word to republican or rebel and lets see how I get on in court. . come with me big man

I'll sing it and record myself change one word to rebel and see how I get on in court. . come with me big man.

If you don't do it you're a fucking coward!

Gaff, just to let you know buddy that both Ally and Walter are asking you and the very few others NOT to sing it. Haven't you heard?

They are effectively censoring it as well. It's not good for our club.

Lazio are facing a closed door match in Europe for Racist abuse and rightly so.

Incidentally, I'm totally pissed off that I can't sing an edited version (JUST ONE LINE MIND) of TBB because people like you will insist in being up in your knees. So a great song is lost forever.

Stick you daft wee smilie up your arse.

We have posters on here encouraging bears to sing what they want and insinuating those that don't are spineless cowards.

If they're that daft about these songs then they can sing them themselves where they know they'll be lifted and they can have their day in court.

Untill then they can stfu

Stick you daft wee smilie up your arse.

We have posters on here encouraging bears to sing what they want and insinuating those that don't are spineless cowards.

If they're that daft about these songs then they can sing them themselves where they know they'll be lifted and the can have their day in court.

Calm down.

If people are going to sing what they want then thats up to them, they have been warned by the club and other Rangers fans. You can't force anyone to do anything.

If the support stays the same as it has at 99% of our games this season we will be fine.

Its either sectarian or it isn't, which is it?

aye cos everything in this world is black and white ya clown. . that word although not sectarian is why it's banned. correct?. so take that word out and replace it with one the uneducated won't be offended by and everything is fine.

Gaff, just to let you know buddy that both Ally and Walter are asking you and the very few others NOT to sing it. Haven't you heard?

They are effectively censoring it as well. It's not good for our club.

Lazio are facing a closed door match in Europe for Racist abuse and rightly so.

Incidentally, I'm totally pissed off that I can't sing an edited version (JUST ONE LINE MIND) of TBB because people like you will insist in being up in your knees. So a great song is lost forever.

I'm all for an edited version but some would rather we bowed to our haters than at least explain measures we can take to come to a reasonable conclusion.

aye cos everything in this world is black and white ya clown. . that word although not sectarian is why it's banned. correct?. so take that word out and replace it with one the uneducated won't be offended by and everything is fine.

It is. You suggested TBB, no mention of lyrics changed. You labled the support shite bags.

Now you're changing your tune!

If you'd like to fight for your right to sing it, that's fine. Where you'd start, I'm not sure, but simply singing these songs in the stands won't help a thing.

Feel free to organise a protest or whatever, but simply singing it at the football without taking any other action is helping absolutely no one.

It is. You suggested TBB, no mention of lyrics changed. You labled the support shite bags.

Now you're changing your tune!

Not changing my tune.

Some of our support are shite bags for allowing this to go this far.We should offer suggestions and fight a ban on Free Speech.

Yes it's 2013 and some words are unacceptable and have to be changed and we have to move with the times but in my opinion we need a Billy Boys version back and we have to fight the haters otherwise they will just bring more and more sanctions against us.

I mean The beggars fought at Dens,Pissed on kids and hurled missiles at police yet got 1 page in 2 papers for 1 day...a group of lads sing a song..yes a song for less than 30 seconds harming no one and it's Tuesday and we still have 5 pages in papers dedicated to it.This is why we have to fight our corner and changing a few words and bringing back TBB is the best way to stick it to them and still be innocent of any crime.

If you'd like to fight for your right to sing it, that's fine. Where you'd start, I'm not sure, but simply singing these songs in the stands won't help a thing.

Feel free to organise a protest or whatever, but simply singing it at the football without taking any other action is helping absolutely no one.

I'm quite happy to print off a new version to give to the SFA,UEFA,SFL and SPl and do 5000 more to be put on the backs of seats at the stadium If possible.