For the Sake of Our Club

Gaz92

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree and if our club do not make a stand, there will be a serious deficit in ST's. I for one will not attend Ibrox again, only to be criminalised for nothing other than being a supporter. A fucking police camera stuck in your face, intimidated for doing what exactly? It is the Club's duty and obligation to its paying support to correct the iniquities. We do deserve better!

You won't be criminalised if you don't sing sectarian songs?

I really don't understand anyone has trouble with the singing of 'No pope of rome'. It is not abusive, no swear words and no conitations of killing anyone. If you think this song must be banned, then any chant that resembles a 'we don't like something' must be banned. The world has gone mad, and in scotland we have gone cookoo.

I personally don't sing songs relating to religion.

However, I sometimes wonder why there is such a big deal. Why should I care if something I or say or sing offends somebody that believed in an imaginary man in the sky. Why do so called religious people have so much protection.

The funny thing is the songs and the whole proddy/catholic thing isn't really about religion for gers and there fans

You won't be criminalised if you don't sing sectarian songs?

I don't, so why when on several occasions this season have a plod camera stuck in front of my face when walking to Ibrox with my wife and daughter? We stood once at the corner of the main stand and the Broomy waiting on friends and the camera in our face for a full 5 minutes. I did ask what the problem was and did complain to an Inspector. Doing their job and move along please. Well fuck right off I say.

Had my solicitor issue a letter to the Chief Constable. Standard bullshit reponse, crowd control and all that.

This is NOT about football!

Very bright

I originally asked what was wrong with No pope of rome. By that I meant what is wrong legally.

Your reply of "nothing to do with football or RFC", doesnt really clear up the legal argument of the song.

Wish I was as self-righteousness as yourself.

Fuck the pope.........I like saying it and try to do so at least once a day. Thats twice now and I feel the better for it.

Glory hunter

Fuck all to do with Glory Hunting. If I was a Glory Hunter I wouldn't have paid £400 for a season book in the first place. I've also done tours of Ibrox, Cup games, bought merchandise, Programmes, etc. I knew what I was buying in to when I bought a ST for the 3rd Division but I expected much more from us.

Put it this way, if we were in the SPL and playing like this I'd be having second thoughts. The football we play now is fucking dire and we show no signs of improving. I often go to the football these days and leave feeling totally unimpressed. I'm loyal to the club but I'm not wanting to pay through the nose to watch this. Long-ball hit and hope tactics, poor signings, unfit players, looking uninterested.

I'm certain others feel the same way about the football. Most will renew due to loyalty, and so will I to be honest, but it's not good enough.

I originally asked what was wrong with No pope of rome. By that I meant what is wrong legally.

Your reply of "nothing to do with football or RFC", doesnt really clear up the legal argument of the song.

Fuck the pope.........I like saying it and try to do so at least once a day. Thats twice now and I feel the better for it.

Taken from the Offensive behaviour at Football and Treatening Communications Act

(2)The behaviour is—

(a)expressing hatred of, or stirring up hatred against, a group of persons based on their membership (or presumed membership) of—

(i)a religious group,

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2012/1/section/1

well said Jack .By the looks of the latest stuff coming from the self righteous from the other part of the world there has been many caught with their trousers down .Isnt it all so ironic with the apologists on here .

If people are not going to renew their ST or go to Ibrox anymore over this then I find that sad.

But, ultimately you won't be missed because the majority of our support will step up for the club where it matters.

Its not over this AL - but the continual failure of the club to defend itself and its support.

The point I was making Jimmy was not so much the infectious nature of the songs, but deciding how we determine which non-football songs stay and which go, in response to the earlier post.

I know where you are coming from, GSTQ, derbys walls, build my gallows and the sash are all songs which I hear at ibrox nearly every week and for me are not or shouldn't be banned. It's more the songs inciting hatred towards another religion which the media/police pick up on as being bigoted and inciting hatred.

Why would I argue for the 'FTP' brigade when its something I'm against? If folk want to celebrate the battle of the Boyne then good for them. If people want to hate catholics then good for them. Just do it somewhere that its not going to cause the club to get fucked over. I have no problem with anyones choice of beliefs or politics. Just dont do anything that can put the club in harms way.

Taken from the Offensive behaviour at Football and Treatening Communications Act

(2)The behaviour is—

(a)expressing hatred of, or stirring up hatred against, a group of persons based on their membership (or presumed membership) of—

(i)a religious group,

http://www.legislati...012/1/section/1

Is it really expressing HATRED or stirring up HATRED?

Oh, no pope of rome,

No chapels to sadden my eyes,

No nuns and no priests,

And no rosary beads,

Every day is the 12th of july.

Sorry but I just dont see how that is HATRED or stirring up HATRED.

I could seriously argue that Im merely expressing my disdain for that particular cult.

Is it really that hard to go and watch rangers and just sing songs like follow follow, four men had a dream etc, we have plenty. If you can't go to a Rangers game without singing/shouting bigoted things its time to wake up and get a grip. It's only harming our club and giving our enemies ammunition.

I don't, so why when on several occasions this season have a plod camera stuck in front of my face when walking to Ibrox with my wife and daughter? We stood once at the corner of the main stand and the Broomy waiting on friends and the camera in our face for a full 5 minutes. I did ask what the problem was and did complain to an Inspector. Doing their job and move along please. Well fuck right off I say.

Had my solicitor issue a letter to the Chief Constable. Standard bullshit reponse, crowd control and all that.

This is NOT about football!

Just to get this straight. Are you advocating an "ah'll sing what ah fuckin like" policy, or what??

Is it really expressing HATRED or stirring up HATRED?

Oh, no pope of rome,

No chapels to sadden my eyes,

No nuns and no priests,

And no rosary beads,

Every day is the 12th of july.

Sorry but I just dont see how that is HATRED or stirring up HATRED.

I could seriously argue that Im merely expressing my disdain for that particular cult.

You could. But you'd have already been arrested by that point. The conviction isn't the crux of the matter. Its the arrest. As long as people are being arrested for 'sectarian singing' then it puts the club at risk. Why not express your disdain for a particular cult somewhere where that is a bit more relevant. I don't particularly like Coronation Street but I've never once started a chant at Ibrox saying 'Fuck Ken Barlow' since its utterly irrelevant. I'm sure a fair number within the ground probably agree so its not just me that holds the opinion, it might even be the majority. Who knows. Still doesn't make it relevant.

I just can't understand what the fans were thinking yesterday. Has there not been enough drama recently that they felt they had to go out and make some unwanted headlines ?

Pure stupidity.

your not wrong Jela but fact remains cameras were on one side of the ground while amplified sound was definitely turned up on the other side of the ground .I can't recall this ever happening at games .ffs that's my para again