For the Sake of Our Club

Gaz92

your not wrong Jela but fact remains cameras were on one side of the ground while amplified sound was definitely turned up on the other side of the ground .I can't recall this ever happening at games .ffs that's my para again

IT happens in nearly every game televised. Thats why there are mics around the pitch. When unsavoury chants start you can occasionally hear it being turned down whilst another mic is increase in volume. The crowd noise will never always come from the same mic unless one part is particularly noisy.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from the Offensive behaviour at Football and Treatening Communications Act

(2)The behaviour is—

(a)expressing hatred of, or stirring up hatred against, a group of persons based on their membership (or presumed membership) of—

(i)a religious group,

http://www.legislati...012/1/section/1

Does expressing hatred include, writing, speaking or singing evidential truths about said, like their current vegetated leader protecting paedophile priests by issuing a written instruction to the global diocese not to cooperate with the authorities? Can't we write, speak or sing about hating him for that?

Can't we write, speak or sing about our hatred for fenians who perp'd murdering terrorisism and treason against our Crown and our people?

Can't we write, speak or sing our haterd about pira terrororists who perp'd murdering terrorisism and treason against our Crown and our people?

Of course we can!!!

Not that we need to do it at the football.

Its not over this AL - but the continual failure of the club to defend itself and its support.

I'd say it's our job as fans to protect and defend the club, not the other way around. That includes not doing anything to harm or bring shame on our club through our own actions.

I'm not really interested what reason people choose to use. Poor football, can't say FTP anymore, feeling the club aren't protecting them etc. If people can't put everything to the side for a couple years and just support our club while we are still rising from being left battered and bruised on our knees then it's sad. I'm hopeful however, like those I've spoken to, the majority are here for the right reasons. That is supporting the club and doing what's best for Rangers no matter the individuals personal beliefs or opinions.

IT happens in nearly every game televised. Thats why there are mics around the pitch. When unsavoury chants start you can occasionally hear it being turned down whilst another mic is increase in volume. The crowd noise will never always come from the same mic unless one part is particularly noisy.

why wasn't it turned down on this occasion then Dude ??

I'd say it's our job as fans to protect and defend the club, not the other way around. That includes not doing anything to harm or bring shame on our club through our own actions.

I'm not really interested what reason people choose to use. Poor football, can't say FTP anymore, feeling the club aren't protecting them etc. If people can't put everything to the side for a couple years and just support our club while we are still rising from being left battered and bruised on our knees then it's sad. I'm hopeful however, like those I've spoken to, the majority are here for the right reasons. That is supporting the club and doing what's best for Rangers no matter the individuals personal beliefs or opinions.

I do disagree with that AL. I think the club themselves are in a far better position, and should take the lead with regard to the press and media .

FFS, the point is not about protecting or defending those who sing FTP etc, but about the Club making a stand on both the iniquities that do exist and the intimidation perp'd against our support by the authorities just for being supporters. Why was there a camera on my family and my 9 year old daughter for a full 5 minutes. Because they can and it is nothing other than intimidation. Better the fucking appeasers stay away from the club, as we won't have one if that's what left!

I do disagree with that AL. I think the club themselves are in a far better position, and should take the lead with regard to the press and media .

Well I'll say you're being a bit unfair here. The club can't defend the fans or the club from every attack in the media, and its unrealistic to expect it. But, the club have been a lot more proactive in defense against the lies and shit-stirring from sections of the media than I can ever remember in my lifetime.

funny how no one has voiced their opinion before saturday regarding the nawty songs , really it all comes down to they all hate us and they want us punished again and ... again . Never heard anyone up in arms when the sheep sing nice one simmy etc or at the piggery they play queen`s song another one bites the dust changing the word one to h*n , its double standards yet again .

We should never lose the culture of our club and what makes us Rangers , do not feed in to this bullshit its designed to divide our support .

To quote a post from years ago.....

Stop the Orange Order having annual church parades at Ibrox and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Sign a catholic and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic captain and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic board member and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop singing Simply the best and The Billy boys and it will go along way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic manager and it will go a long way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop flying the Union Jack, its offensive.

Flag displays are like a Nuremburg rally.

We've had Gers players attacked, their homes vandalised, their cars vandalised.

Black socks with red tops is "up to our knees in fenian blood".

Rule Brittania is offensive.

Penny arcade is about a catholic being murdered in some amusement arcade.

Where does it end?

Oh Aye.......Drop Fuck the pope and it will end the stigma of being a sectarian club.

AYE RIGHT!

Do any of the apologists think we have given up enough yet?

How many of those who openly put the club at risk can honestly say that they haven't cheered when one of our Catholic players has scored? Very, very, very few, if any, more like none. Therein lies the warped attitude of certain sections of our support, by all means acknowledge and support our traditions, by all means try to get songs like TBB back on the agenda ( because it is loud and intimidating, not because it is sectarian), but focus your attention on backing Rangers.

Stop the Orange Order having annual church parades at Ibrox and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Sign a catholic and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic captain and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic board member and it will go a long way to removing the stigma that we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Stop singing Simply the best and The Billy boys and it will go along way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Appoint a catholic manager and it will go a long way to removing the stigma we are a sectarian club.

WE DID IT.

Where does it end?

Oh Aye.......Drop Fuck the pope and it will end the stigma of being a sectarian club.

AYE RIGHT!

Now we need to box clever and we didn't do it on Saturday but it's at the stage it doesn't matter what we do they will keep on attacking us and not until we stand nose to nose with them will it stop, every word have said above is TRUE ! :sherlock:

why wasn't it turned down on this occasion then Dude ??

Pass. It may have been that several/all of tje mics picked it up and unless they muted it they could 'hide' it. It may have been the choice of whoever was in the outside broadcast truck. Either way we're unlikely to ever find out.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

WE DID IT.

Where does it end?

AYE RIGHT!

Notice how hardly anyone quotes this post.

Some attend games because they love the club.

Some attend games because they love the club, but also recognise catholacism as an ememy and a disease.

That's just a fact. But the common factor is the love for Rangers.

Lots of different people with different views, but a fair proportion of Rangers fans will have a waryness of popery.

So no surprise if a few songs spring up now and then.

But I don't understand how this basic fact is causing so much debate - it's a fact of our fan mix.

Well I'll say you're being a bit unfair here. The club can't defend the fans or the club from every attack in the media, and its unrealistic to expect it. But, the club have been a lot more proactive in defense against the lies and shit-stirring from sections of the media than I can ever remember in my lifetime.

In what way have they been pro-active ? Other than JT's blog the other day ?

If people are not going to renew their ST or go to Ibrox anymore over this then I find that sad.

But, ultimately you won't be missed because the majority of our support will step up for the club where it matters.

Ab I think your wrong with this I can see lots of Rangers Protestant practicing Fans give up on Rangers because of this.

That's the hardcore of the Fanbase .

I am in that category and consider my self as a practising church going Protestant.Now the Club need to get this sorted asap, and the mhedia drip drip on this could affect our club immensely.

I am afraid this could split it right down the middle and that's the ones like me who don't sing any of those alleged songs mentioned.Quite simply this guy Dickson will cause a significant split, and I for one am getting fed up with the blatant Mhedia Agenda castigating and vilifying our support at every turn.Its the blatant imbalance of it all ,and the fact that those who are soooo easily offended can get away with all sorts of shit like attacking Stewards, and almost wrecking a Football stadium.

Again I say I am not one of those who sing these but I respect their freedom to express it.If its good for the goose.

If this situation continues I could be forced to sadly consider my attendance at Ibrox too.

Its not about singing songs I too have had cameras thrust in my face for nothing .At the Malmo game and the atmosphere will once again turn into a Morgue the way things are going.This mhedia attack seems to be having its affect.

And we could end with a half empty/ full stadium.Job done for them.It needs clarification from Those who are making the Law up.

Since when did NPOR become banned.

What next GSTQ and The Sash?That's the way this is going.

This is more than Football.

In what way have they been pro-active ? Other than JT's blog the other day ?

Pro-active was the wrong word. Apologies, long day.

CG has certainly been outspoken in defense of the club. Also there has been a couple of responses to the lies/stories from the papers like the orlit non-story, not just the JT blog.

I don't really give a shit about the singing, the media highlighting it, or the Clubs lack of response to the constant attacks from said media.

If I don't renew it'll be because of the football. At the end of the day I'm paying to be entertained. The football we play isn't entertaining whatsoever and it's a lot of money. £400 a ST for what I'm watching is a big ask. If I thought we'd improve next season then things might be different but I doubt they will. Ally will still be the boss and we'll still have the exact same group of players (maybe a different keeper).

Stop bleating, we are extremely fortunate that we have a club to go and watch after the Murray Whyte debacle. Be thankful