What songs are 'banned'?

ricksen_da_best

I know none are actually banned, and its all a myth from some SNP law that if you sing loud at the football your are commiting 'threatening communication' breaches. But what is actually leading to your door getting kicked in on a Monday morning?

UDR4, here lies a soldier, we are coming? When did they become 'sectarian' ?

I thought their was only one banned word? Pretty sure the law just goes on whatever songs getting sung the loudest. The Hoakey coakey was sectarian at one point ffs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know none are actually banned, and its all a myth from some SNP law that if you sing loud at the football your are commiting 'threatening communication' breaches. But what is actually leading to your door getting kicked in on a Monday morning?

UDR4, here lies a soldier, we are coming? When did they become 'sectarian' ?

I thought their was only one banned word? Pretty sure the law just goes on whatever songs getting sung the loudest. The Hoakey coakey was sectarian at one point ffs.

They better clear this up big style.

Remember a few seasons back a taig in Scotland complaining about the 'Hokey Cokey' being offensive.

Could we take up that song as our new mantra??

It has nothing to do with NI, the YCV, loyal institutions, the papacy etc.... AND it is not offensive.

How about it................

From what I have read in the papers and online, think it's just Rangers fans songs in general!!!

Any songs by Rangers fans are banned.

How then have we reached 20 odd league games in the season before there was any kind of issue with 'innapropriate singing'? Have we all sat in silence since July?

We all know what is banned... Or at least we all should know. But the song shouldn't be banned. The "sectarian" word should be banned. The "sectarian" word only needs changed to something else. By the way that something else can be as offensive as we like as long as it has no religious meaning. So..... Hello hello use rebel / Celtic. Super rangers use rebel. Npor is probably a no no. Basically. No mention of taig catholic Fenian pope and we are fine.

But. Rangers should be coming out with clear instructions. Not "inappropriate songs" they should be saying song ur hearts out but change the fucking offensive words.

Remember the famine song being highlighted on tv. With the bouncing ball following the words karaoke style. Well f**k me rangers. U have to massive karaoke tvs in corner of the stadium. Put acceptable words up on the screens. Use a bouncing ball. Use the screens during a game. Tell the crowd what to sing. I want to sing hello hello and I'm quite happy to sing Celtic blood. Because guess what. Football songs are ment to be offensive. U are ment to upset the opposition and their fans. But we shouldn't use race colour or creed to offend.

Rant over.

theres been issues at most games and fans arrested at most games, just this one was highlighted,

You will always get arrests. Be it for being drunk, climbing a pylon or simply getting a bit carried away. This is the first instance in which the club have openly criticised a section of the support for their behaviour.

and who was it that was criticised by the club? It wasn't the handwringers. It was the knuckledraggers in our support.

How did you manage to suport the Rangers? Seems like you and many others hate the actual people that follow our great club.

Neds, Junkies, Knuckledraggers, Scumbags etc etc....we have been all them by you guys these past couple of days....how do you guys manager through a match? Away and support some team you can actually enjoy!

You should be banned after that comment.

report me then. Fairly simple.

Why is acceptable to call those who put their love for the club ahead of their hatred of others 'handwringers' but when we talk about those who put their hatred of others infront of the club we cant use 'knuckledraggers'?

report me then. Fairly simple.

Why is acceptable to call those who put their love for the club ahead of their hatred of others 'handwringers' but when we talk about those who put their hatred of others infront of the club we cant use 'knuckledraggers'?

Have never reported anyone on this board and never will.

How did you manage to suport the Rangers? Seems like you and many others hate the actual people that follow our great club.

Neds, Junkies, Knuckledraggers, Scumbags etc etc....we have been all them by you guys these past couple of days....how do you guys manager through a match? Away and support some team you can actually enjoy!

neds junkies, knukledraggers scumbags - fenians, apologists, handwringers, you seem happy to dish it out but not so happy when others push back.

I manage through matches fantastically well. I'm so glad you're hear to tell me what I do and don't enjoy. Do me a favour though, I'm going out for dinner tomorrow. Fancy telling me if I'll enjoy that too?