The day use all became customer, not supporters.

Prepared to take the stick for this.

Charles Green doesn't want supporters, he sees every single one of us as a customer. I think it was even him that said that we'd spend wisely and have a pot of so much sitting in the bank by the time we get back to the SPL. Today we were told we had 21million pounds in the bank, why would you sell our history and tradition for pennies? Money we don't need. It's a sad day when your selling 114 years off tradition for less than what jelavic was sold for? No? This phrase that it will 'always be know as ibrox' no it won't, I'm fed up telling other clubs fans that we are Rangers and I won't even argue with them when it comes to an Ibrox debate, it'll be the sports direct arena.

Hope everyone who were in favour ain't going to complain when the match reports from the sports direct arena are taking digs, because its Ibrox. Hope it was worth the few million quid when Ibrox looks like an American baseball stadium with Sports direct signs all over the place.

Can't wait for a title decider at the sports direct arena myself.

Goodnight Ibrox.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was a choice between,for example,buying kris boyd on a 2 year contract (for example remember)

and changing the name of Ibrox to Ibrox sports direct arena.

or keeping the stadium name Ibrox,and don't sign boyd

what would everyone choose?

Prepared to take the stick for this.

Charles Green doesn't want supporters, he sees every single one of us as a customer. I think it was even him that said that we'd spend wisely and have a pot of so much sitting in the bank by the time we get back to the SPL. Today we were told we had 21million pounds in the bank, why would you sell our history and tradition for pennies? Money we don't need. It's a sad day when your selling 114 years off tradition for less than what jelavic was sold for? No? This phrase that it will 'always be know as ibrox' no it won't, I'm fed up telling other clubs fans that we are Rangers and I won't even argue with them when it comes to an Ibrox debate, it'll be the sports direct arena.

Hope everyone who were in favour ain't going to complain when the match reports from the sports direct arena are taking digs, because its Ibrox. Hope it was worth the few million quid when Ibrox looks like an American baseball stadium with Sports direct signs all over the place.

Can't wait for a title decider at the sports direct arena myself.

Goodnight Ibrox.

Everyone still calls Fairfields shipyard Fairfields even though it hasn't been that for over 40 years

This phrase that it will 'always be know as ibrox' no it won't, I'm fed up telling other clubs fans that we are Rangers and I won't even argue with them when it comes to an Ibrox debate, it'll be the sports direct arena.

Why will it not be known as Ibrox? <cr>

Who cares about what obsessed fans of other clubs think of it?

Rangers fans will always call it Ibrox and that's the important thing. You really need to stop worrying about what fans of other clubs will say, they aren't important.

if it was a choice between,for example,buying kris boyd on a 2 year contract (for example remember)

and changing the name of Ibrox to Ibrox sports direct arena.

or keeping the stadium name Ibrox.

what would everyone choose?

Selling our stadiums name to sign a striker to get us up some off the worst leagues in Europe? Even when we had mass debt, we managed.

Sports Direct signs will get pretty tiresome to look at after a few weeks.

Why? I've spent the last twenty years looking at a host of other signs all over the stadium. T-Mobile across the front of the club deck, Pepsi had big banners in the main stand throughout the 90's. We have video boards around the pitch constantly flashing companies logos at me, not to mention the giant screens and the TVs in the concourses.

EDIT: Christ, I nearly forgot the ones printed across the chest of the 22 players on the pitch, and on the tracksuits of all the subs and coaching staff in the dugouts and all over the supporters merchandise.

Why will it not be known as Ibrox? <cr>

Who cares about what obsessed fans of other clubs think of it?

Rangers fans will always call it Ibrox and that's the important thing. You really need to stop worrying about what fans of other clubs will say, they aren't important.

Because it won't be called Ibrox.

Because it won't be called Ibrox.

You have the choice to refer to our stadium as Ibrox or not, if you don't want to then that is your choice.

I know that the large majority of our support will always refer to is at Ibrox though.

Reporters and obsessed fans of other clubs can refer to it as the Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium if they want, who cares about them? It will always be Ibrox to us.