What do you think about the singing

bilko89

What do you think about the singing  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the "bad songs" to stop at games?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted no and I still beleive that a list of songs which are banned is pointless as, to me, its fairly self-evident what songs need to be dropped.

Of course and I can fully understand the approach, a list of songs which the club deems innappropriate would, definitively, end those who want to harm the club, claiming "but I didn't know ..."

However, what songs would end up on the cutting room floor? Likely

• No Pope of Rome
  • TBB (for me, even with a line change, there is too much temptation to sing the "wrong" words and we end up back in the myre)
  • Anything with the word "Fenian" in it (that includes Super Rangers .. which is just a shit Millwall song that we adapted)

More controversially, would the club allow other songs with a loyalist overtone but no offensive singing or lyrics. By NOT putting certain songs on the list, does the club then back them to the hilt e.g. The Sash, Build My Gallows, King Billy's on the Wall .. what about No1 Platoon or Father's Advice, would they make the innappropriate" songs list ... should they ?

It’s obvious that our club is being targeted here in regards to singing songs, I have heard and continue to hear Hears, Hibs, Celt*c ect get away with singing their songs which are equally ‘offensive’ and easily as ‘sectarian’ as the ones we are being told not to sing.

Yes we know a few that we cannot sing but if Green is going to come out with comments like he has done in the articles today then he has a duty to inform fans of what is ‘safe’ to sing at Ibrox and elsewhere!

I also don’t like the idea of our support being condemned here, we have been singing these songs for god knows how long and now we are told to ‘stop it’ without being given a clear indication of which songs are targeted. Not everyone who follows the clubs will know what is deemed to be acceptable and while I myself have never been caught up for singing I would hate for others to be prosecuted for nothing more than not being given clear indications of what is acceptable or not.

It simply has to be addressed because it’s starting to divide the fans (something we just don’t need, it’s bad enough with the manager debates ect).

It's obvious that our club is being targeted here in regards to singing songs, I have heard and continue to hear Hears, Hibs, Celt*c ect get away with singing their songs which are equally 'offensive' and easily as 'sectarian' as the ones we are being told not to sing.

Yes we know a few that we cannot sing but if Green is going to come out with comments like he has done in the articles today then he has a duty to inform fans of what is 'safe' to sing at Ibrox and elsewhere!

I also don't like the idea of our support being condemned here, we have been singing these songs for god knows how long and now we are told to 'stop it' without being given a clear indication of which songs are targeted. Not everyone who follows the clubs will know what is deemed to be acceptable and while I myself have never been caught up for singing I would hate for others to be prosecuted for nothing more than not being given clear indications of what is acceptable or not.

It simply has to be addressed because it's starting to divide the fans (something we just don't need, it's bad enough with the manager debates ect).

Divide and conquer a tactic as old as the world ... our enemies know we have enough handwringers in our support to cause problems if enough pressure is applied

Divide and conquer a tactic as old as the world ... our enemies know we have enough handwringers in our support to cause problems if enough pressure is applied

We should unite and challenge this while asking the question that why are we being targeted when the songs of other fans that are equally 'offensive' are being accepted?

Wht the double standards for Rangers FC?

What is deemed as 'offensive' and if an answer is given then should it not be distributed (that message) to every single club and not just Rangers?

I think some people in power have been sickened at the atmosphere our fans have been making in our games and since everything else has failed that they have tried then this is their next move.

As I say I have no problem with the club giving us a list of the songs which are no longer acceptable IF the other clubs in Scotland are treated in the same manner.

A lot of the handwringers in here are tims bit some are Bears and it's very hard to imagine us ever being united enough to prevale ... perhaps there is something in the tims all came off a boat in the past and they all have that in common where as we don't have that unifying moment in our history

Ok where do we draw a line then because if i remember right they tryed to get the hokey cokey banned this isn't about the songs this is a power thing for celtic fc and celtic supporters they want us to be the silent majorirty however daft that sounds.

When do we stop letting them decide what songs they think are appropriate for us to sing.

Simply the best - they wanted it banned

The hokey cokey - they wanted it banned

The Billy Boys - they wanted it banned

The famine song - they wanted it banned

Basically. These songs are part of our heritage etc. But their is simply just no place for it in a football stadium. I like the songs and I have sung them myself BUT for the benefit of our club we have to stop these songs. Because if we do not they will just keep pelting us with fines, more bad press in the headlines... We just need to accept it and move on...

One song I think should be banned is ''Oh the bluebells are blue'' Never understood that one hahaha!

Ally's opinion on the singing.

“In terms of a fresh start and sponsorship deals, it’s vital that incidents like the one at Berwick are now stamped out,” says McCoist. “We all know, as managers, fans and players, that we have a responsibility to behave and do the right thing. There’s no way any of our sponsors want to be tarnished with that kind of image.

“We have made giant strides to try and eradicate the problem. There’s an argument that it might take centuries until it’s totally gone, but I believe we’ve come a long way in educating people in what is right and wrong. The incident at Berwick was a big negative and a step back but, without ignoring it, I wouldn’t want it to overshadow the good work that’s been done.

“We want to become a global brand and it would be easier to do it without that element. There is no room for prejudice or bigotry in life, never mind sport.”

If Rangers do emerge from the rubble to become a powerhouse again, they will not be the first club to do so."

Ok where do we draw a line then because if i remember right they tryed to get the hokey cokey banned this isn't about the songs this is a power thing for celtic fc and celtic supporters they want us to be the silent majorirty however daft that sounds.

When do we stop letting them decide what songs they think are appropriate for us to sing.

Simply the best - they wanted it banned

The hokey cokey - they wanted it banned

The Billy Boys - they wanted it banned

The famine song - they wanted it banned

coundnt have put it better myself well said pal

Very leading question.

What exactly do you mean by bad songs? If you mean true Loyalist Orange songs, tim you were moving along.

BTW: What authority is saying true Loyalist Orange songs are banned and that we can get fined for them?A very suspect poll indeed!

OUR MESSAGE IS SIMPLE,

WHERE OUR MUSIC IS WELCOME

WE WILL PLAY IT LOUD

WHERE OUR MUSIC IS CHALLENGED

WE WILL PLAY IT LOUDER

WE ARE THE PILGRIMS MASTER

WE SHALL ALWAYS GO A LITTLE FUTHER

FOR GOD AND ULSTER