Change in the summer

subcrawl

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's wonderful. Still 17 points clear though.

so you are happy for Rangers to become a second rate club and fall into the scums shadow because that is what's going to happen if things carry on! but hey as long as we can beat Johnny the plumber and Bob the builder in the league who cares right :rolleyes:

17 points clear though :rolleyes:

Honestly mate the atmosphere in the second half was dire, the players and manager are giving us nothing to shout about. The fans have done everything they can, UB were bouncing all game long and we were singing the whole way through but the team on the park just fumbled on.

Maybe some are happy with just winning this division but if we don't actually try to improve our performances and entertain the punters then we are in for a shock in the next few years.

so you are happy for Rangers to become a second rate club and fall into the scums shadow because that is what's going to happen if things carry on! but hey as long as we can beat Johnny the plumber and Bob the builder in the league who cares right :rolleyes:

Have you completely missed everything that happened last year?

Honestly mate the atmosphere in the second half was dire, the players and manager are giving us nothing to shout about. The fans have done everything they can, UB were bouncing all game long and we were singing the whole way through but the team on the park just fumbled on.

Maybe some are happy with just winning this division but if we don't actually try to improve our performances and entertain the punters then we are in for a shock in the next few years.

Judge Ally when in september when he can sign players.

Nah, couldn't make it today, you? I'll be at Elgin next week supporting them though.

Yip.

Never seen or spoke to many who mentioned the 17 points though, they were more concerned about the half arsed effort these players once again put in.

My preference for McCall is more to do with the fact that he has mastered getting teams punching above their weight in the SPL on meagre resources, the complete opposite of Ally's inept cheque book management, and has handed the tims their arse on more than one occassion. Being steeped in Rangers is just a bonus.

As has been said Adams is a sheep and has actually had a very helpful chairman at Ross County which somewhat belies their 'minnow' status. If you think we can attract a European manager I want some of what you're smoking.

Performances are an issue.

We're you there today? The attendance is down and a huge chunk left early while the rest were fuming at what was on show.

I am having real trouble justifying renewing my ST next season with performances like that. It's always tight to renew it, and those performances are not good enough.

We had a great opportunity to develop a playing style, buliding from the bottom up, that would take us forward leaving all in our wake. I hope we have not blown it. Ally is a great guy, just not a manger. Doesn't seem to have an eye for a player and he doesn't know what he doesn't know. We desperately need a change in style of play and that means a different kind of player. Neither Ally nor his backroom staff have this ability. We either sort this now or we will have lost a great opportunity and drive fans away.

I am having real trouble justifying renewing my ST next season with performances like that. It's always tight to renew it, and those performances are not good enough.

There was a thread on here talking about if we would pay SPL prices next season for our ST and I'd imagine the stadium would be a ghost town if that were to happen after performances like that.

Charles Green is a smart man and he knows we the fans are what keeps this club going so if he sees that we are being put off attending games due to the teams efforts then he will make a change of that I have no doubts about.

He must go in the summer the guy has no managerial skills whatsoever he sees what we see but he doesnt have a clue how to sort it and neither does any of his assistants

That's the frustrating thing and it's not rocket science either.

Even pushing the back four up to the half way line and squeezing the game would have piled the pressure on them, we should have been camped in their half for the last 20 minutes.

Ally just stands and stares and doesn't seem to know what to do.

Even last week he admitted it was McDowall who made the changes that mattered and changed the game.

I'd rather Derek Adams.

He took Ross County to the cup final while in the first division - romped the first division last season. Currently battling for 2nd place in the SPL on thier first season in the SPL - only losing 2 at home. They've put together huge unbeaten runs stretching months at a time over the last 2 season.

His record with those resources available at a tiny club like Ross County is remarkable.

He's young, only 37, and would fit perfectly into a long term rebuild - if we don't swoop for him now, a Championship club will get him.

I have never tasted any champagne that tastes better than Buckfast.

Shite comparison.

We had a great opportunity to develop a playing style, buliding from the bottom up, that would take us forward leaving all in our wake. I hope we have not blown it. Ally is a great guy, just not a manger. Doesn't seem to have an eye for a player and he doesn't know what he doesn't know. We desperately need a change in style of play and that means a different kind of player. Neither Ally nor his backroom staff have this ability. We either sort this now or we will have lost a great opportunity and drive fans away.

Could not agree more. We are in a unique position and we should be using this time to develop a completely new footballing philosophy.

Yip.

Never seen or spoke to many who mentioned the 17 points though, they were more concerned about the half arsed effort these players once again put in.

I know the performace and effort were terrible. It's the ones that are laying the entire blame on Ally that i'm on about.