Ally starts army recruitment drive

Ally starts army recruitment drive

By CHRIS JACK

ALLY McCOIST has had 'positive vibes' from some of his signing targets as he looks to start his Rangers rebuilding work.

The Gers boss is unable to register new players until September 1, but is on the lookout for out-of-contract stars to add to his Ibrox ranks.

Dundee United captain Jon Daly, Motherwell duo Chris Humphrey and Nicky Law and Reading's Andre Bikey have all been linked with Gers moves and McCoist is keen to do his business as quickly as possible.

He said: "We have got a big list but we are also at the stage of talking to agents and trying to enquire about the possibility of players coming to the club to help the ones that are here.

"It is the very early stages that we are at just now but there have been some positive vibes coming from one or two players.

"I would like them done as soon as possible, even though

they can't be registered until September 1.

"In terms of getting things in place for the start of next season, as soon as possible would be great.

"In an ideal world, I would love to get the league title wrapped up as soon as possible if we can and then start planning immediately for next year.

"We don't know what league it will be but at least we can organise pre-season and games and get ourselves ready.

"I know what my budget is for next season, I have been told."

Despite McCoist's side romping clear at the top of the Irn-Bru Third Division, Rangers have often flattered to deceive this season.

The Light Blues boss knows they still have a long way to go on the road to recovery but insists he is happy with how his squad is shaping up at this stage.

He said: "The first part of the healing process is to win the league and strengthen the squad.

"Our hands are tied because of the transfer embargo, but what we have got to try and do is get players in that will strengthen the team for next season because next season.

"Hopefully then we'll be in another division and our job will be to get out of that division.

"Do you think we'd be having this argument if we were playing fantastically every week and we were two points behind in the league? would that be a problem?

"You're darn tooting it would be a problem... it would be a massive problem. Where we are at the moment is absolutely fine."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/ally-starts-army-recruitment-drive-117953n.20449051

Has there been any rumoured interest in Tom Hatley at all , free in the summer and we desperately need a right back , argyriou is fucking awful

I don't understand why we've not been connected with him. Solid right back, right mid and is pretty decent at freekicks.

"You're darn tooting it would be a problem... it would be a massive problem. Where we are at the moment is absolutely fine."

The last part of that scares me a bit.

Agree with you there mate.....and my concerns are...if we do sign these players mentioned....will the present coaching team reduce them to the depths that Black,Shiels etc have reached?

Has there been any rumoured interest in Tom Hatley at all , free in the summer and we desperately need a right back , argyriou is fucking awful

Good call on Hately and you are being unduly positive about Argyriou as he is not quite as good as you make out.

I don't understand why we've not been connected with him. Solid right back, right mid and is pretty decent at freekicks.

Maybe he wouldn't be interested , who knows but I think that right back is the first position that needs looked at .

Jordan McMillan could be a free as well , he was one I liked that was never given a proper chance

Maybe he wouldn't be interested , who knows but I think that right back is the first position that needs looked at .

Jordan McMillan could be a free as well , he was one I liked that was never given a proper chance

I agree that we badly need a right-back, but the spine of the side should be the priority I think - starting with decent centre-backs and centre-midfielders.

Please go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong but why are we only looking to sign out of contract players? I thought we could sign anyone come September?

For the 3rd or 2nd(Depending on reconshambles) we dont need to be buying players.

The list of out of contract spl players was post recently im sure, a fair few in particular younger players who we could bring in to start re-building.

I can't be arsed with McCoists, tactics, team selection, motivational skills etc etc etc. BUT I'm getting bored about folk slagging his signing targets, show me where he can find 5-6 good promising young players who are not only OUT OF CONTRACT but are willing to come and play in the lower echelons of scottish football. People seem to forget our embargo ends the day after the signing window closes which means we can only sign free transfers and not being funny but any free transfers floating about who are willing to come and play in the SFL are either shite or old, And I prefer old, on short term contracts tbh, get a fucking grip people.

I don't think Ally wants to play the football we are plating, buy I also think we had to chuck a team together to get us through a season. Were still being fucked over by embargoes and can't do what we want.

If the question us "is your base line target to win your division with your hands tied behind your back, and would you at least be happy with that?", then Ally can say yes.

What do you want him to say? Were not happy and gonna slate everybody publicly...

Nobody asked to be here, and putting all the question of coaches, fitness and the rest aside. We will win our league, we are still here.And we still can't do what we want for a while because of the embargo.

I really don't like the shit flinging, I understand where your coming from, but its unnecessary.

WATP

Dont see why he wouldnt want to come.He's a life-long Bluenose.