The Old Lady of Edmiston Drive - Great (Historical) Read.

scarkev

A great read - full of information - thanks!

Quick question - anybody know anything about Mr Struth's greenhouse which I believe was built on the grass at the back of Broomloan Road terracing which I understand was there for 30 years or so? I've hunted for a picture of that and can't find anything - thought it might be in the 1927 picture but can't see it. I believe The Manager lived on PRW and had no garden and that why it was put inside The Stadium for his personal use?

Fantastic read :clap: can't believe Villa demolished that building though, bet they regret it now.

aye what a great read!

Leitch stands look fine dont they esp with the criss cross balcony thing

i didnt realise that villa had knocked down their own grand old lady :ohmy:

no doubt replaced her with some souless structure full of colourful seats and executive boxes :pipe:

Thanks for the comments on the article. One thing I couldn't find out for sure was what became of the Warm Up Area. I'd hazard a guess that it is now where the Food Stalls are that run along the Main Stand at ground level, just as you enter through the turnstiles, but as it was before my time (honest) it really is a guess!

Anyone know for sure?

Cheers!