Fears over Shiels

Hope its not too bad dean., although, i missed the game on saturday due to work, i was told it was poor control by him that caused the injury??

The way I seen it he had a good chance to shoot just in the box but opted to run forward with the ball and he just folded. There were defenders near him but I don't think any of them made contact.

That was down to sheer rustiness/lack of confidence.I was off my seat expecting the net to bulge and couldn't believe he took another touch.The old Shiels would have been wheeling away celebrating a goal instead of lying on the turf in a crumpled heap.

As Ally said; "Hindsight is a wonderful thing"

It actually put me in mind of the Naismith injury against Aberdeen at Pittodrie,2011,because as soon as it happened I knew his game was over.

I hope it isn't as bad as it looks for Shiels,because he's a far better player than what he's shown this season.

Good luck with the injury but i'd play Mackay all day before Sheils on present form.

McKay was absolutely stinking on Saturday. The only good thing I could say about him is that he tried. No one got pass marks,but he was also as bad as anyone else imo.

That was down to sheer rustiness/lack of confidence.I was off my seat expecting the net to bulge and couldn't believe he took another touch.The old Shiels would have been wheeling away celebrating a goal instead of lying on the turf in a crumpled heap.

As Ally said; "Hindsight is a wonderful thing"

It actually put me in mind of the Naismith injury against Aberdeen at Pittodrie,2011,because as soon as it happened I knew his game was over.

I hope it isn't as bad as it looks for Shiels,because he's a far better player than what he's shown this season.

(tu) Agreed OZ hes much more capable than. hes shown, as most of our players are.

Does anyone know if our facilities include a walk-in "freezer"?

I've seen jockeys using them to speed up recovery, essentially you have a freezer room and a room of a much higher temperature, you spend 2 minutes in each room and repeat many times on a daily basis. The principle behind it is that the rapid change in temperature tricks the body to responding harder to fix your injury.

If we have one great, if we don't why not? We always have someone out with a bad one.

Probably full of smoked salmon tickled from the clyde

Never heard of the freezer therapy, now oxygen tanks maybe

(tu) Agreed OZ hes much more capable than. hes shown, as most of our players are.

Yes mate, he is. Whatever the reason he is playing way below par is puzzling to me and i hope he comes back and shows the talent he undoubtedly has.