If Craig Levein was Rangers manager

Brock

This is a question directed at the Blind Loyalty Brigade.

If Craig Levein had taken over 2 years ago instead of McCoist and had proceeded to manage the club in the way McCoist has, would you still be backing him right now?

I think an honest answer would be no and if no then can you expand on your reasons for that?

as one of the Ally faithfull I have 2 points to make:

- Ally is doing a better job than Craig Levin could even dream of doing - he would have cracked long before now and been a whinging and a moaning about every thing - probably resigned and sueing the club for lost wages.

... and if he ever got cloise to the job of being Rangers manager I would be in the vanguard of trying to prevent him getting the job and I would be following the "anti ally brigade" tactics of starting multiple threads and polls about why he is not good enough!

Besides he will be to old by the time Ally gives up the Rangers job in 15 years time..!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 posts, location East End, Topic posted by you comparing Ally McCoist Rangers Legend to Craig Levein?

I hate it when someone gets called a tarrier on here I really do - but you are hoaching, just like some of the other threads posted this morning - full of 16 posters, 34 posters, bigbubba, most of the time none of ye's with a picture to yer name, only time any of ye's are seen on here it's to make comparisons like this or to split the support with pish .

Yer reekin mate.

You do know just how many Rangers fans live in the east end?

- Ally is doing a better job than Craig Levin could even dream of doing - he would have cracked long before now and been a whinging and a moaning about every thing - probably resigned and sueing the club for lost wages.

... and if he ever got cloise to the job of being Rangers manager I would be in the vanguard of trying to prevent him getting the job and I would be following the "anti ally brigade" tactics of starting multiple threads and polls about why he is not good enough!

Besides he will be to old by the time Ally gives up the Rangers job in 15 years time..!

Saldy I think he would have this current squad playing better football. Thats the stage we are at and people wonder why I am moaning.

Aye a do, but you are comparing McCoist to Levein - I've been on 3 or 4 threads so far this afternoon and it's full of punters like you instead of 4000 posters , that isn't normal on here unless the absent celtic faithfull are on here shit-stirring.

hoachin!

Whats the big problem about this comparison then?

Ex SPL manager, won the scottish cup and managed Scotland and would have been hounded long ago but blind loyalty (point of the thread) is keeping McCoist in a job.

BTW All 4000+ posters started at 1.

You do know just how many Rangers fans live in the east end?

You are wasting your time mate. There are some people who just can't see past Ally as manager no matter how obvious the signs are that he just hasn't got the ability. All some will do is insult you on here because you haven't got a reasonable number of posts or because you criticise Ally who can do no wrong in their eyes. It will not matter how much logic you use in your argument. Perhaps using Craig Levein as a comparison was a mistake though.

If Craig Levein had taken over 2 years ago instead of McCoist and had proceeded to manage the club in the way McCoist has, would you still be backing him right now?

I think an honest answer would be no and if no then can you expand on your reasons for that?

Craig Levein? Not ever going to happen then, now or forever.

So you confess you support Ally on sentiment. ;)

Your big mistake was comparing Ally with Levein, if the comparison was between Ally and McCall or Butcher then it might have had a better response.

Ally will never be fired, should and must not be fired, even if he is unsuccessfull, that's not saying I believe he is a good manager btw

That's a horrific thought ! Look at Levein's record, his tactics, his lack of leadership .... And there's countless more reasons besides, including the fact that the guy is an arse who talks in riddles !!!

This is the most stupid thread we've had in months !!!

Whats the big problem about this comparison then?

Ex SPL manager, won the scottish cup and managed Scotland and would have been hounded long ago but blind loyalty (point of the thread) is keeping McCoist in a job.

BTW All 4000+ posters started at 1.

Not with this sort of pish ;)

What the hell is wrong with you people? Far too many tarrier accusations on here just now, get a fucking grip of yourselves. Anybody with any real reason to think this guy is one of them, let me know by PM. Accusing people of being tarriers because you don't like what they say is pathetic.

For what it's worth, I think it's a valid question (in a way). People (including me) are much more sympathetic to Ally because he is a Rangers legend, if we were judging him on performance alone we'd all be calling for his head.

64 posts to your name, and without a single good word about McCoist in your thread-post, you compare him to Craig Levein,......we should have loyalty as Rangers fans to him why? He was an experienced manager in charge of our National team and had them playing gash and losing, McCoist isn't as experienced and is winning for the club he took to a Uefa Cup final as assistant at, the club he took us to the European cup Semi as a player of, the club he got 2 golden boots for, the club he got highest all time goalscorer for. The very man whom could have walked away like Rangers-"die hards" but stayed running the risk of ruining his status for being at the club during one of the worst moments in it's history. ........................you're right, it's exaclty like Craig Fucking Levein.

So what in your post suggests you are a Rangers fan? Or that you even think highly of McCoist in any way? Could could be 1 of several that don't want things to work out for Ally but your thread post is hoaching and I don't see how I am meant to think differently considering all the other them that's on here the day!

Hoaching

The only comparison I am making is the attitude towards a seasoned SPL manager with no Rangers links.

Change Levein to Craig Brown, Jim Jeffries or Jimmy Calderwood if it makes you feel better.

Your big mistake was comparing Ally with Levein, if the comparison was between Ally and McCall or Butcher then it might have had a better response.

Ally will never be fired, should and must not be fired, even if he is unsuccessfull, that's not saying I believe he is a good manager btw

Yep, probably not the best choice of replacement! :lol:

What the hell is wrong with you people? Far too many tarrier accusations on here just now, get a fucking grip of yourselves. Anybody with any real reason to think this guy is one of them, let me know by PM. Accusing people of being tarriers because you don't like what they say is pathetic.

(tu).

Every fucking thread.