Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

Younger better players out of contract though? Otherwise, we'd have to wait until January

Possibly in.the English lower leagues or even abroad, we would have to find them though and i appreciate that takes time and scouts, or Neil Murray armed with a PC and FM2013 :pipe: but it would be worth investing money into scouting rather than just a list of free sphell players who lets face it have'nt set SFL3 alight this season.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I don't think he's that bad. Can understand it in a way, think he'd do a good job for a couple of seasons though

I agree and he isn't gonna cost us anything other than wages, if we get rid of Sandaza, KK is gone, and I'm not sure we will keep shiels,we will have wages to spare and we are gonna be lacking up front.

Possibly in.the English lower leagues or even abroad, we would have to find them though and i appreciate that takes time and scouts, or Neil Murray armed with a PC and FM2013 :pipe: but it would be worth investing money into scouting rather than just a list of free sphell players who lets face it have'nt set SFL3 alight this season.

Ha you won't find me disagreeing with that! Herald article stated we had no budget for scouting within their though. Not good.

I really wonder about some of our proposed signings and their wages.

Wonder about Ally and his crew too. Frankly I will be surprised if Ally makes it with Rangers to the SPL.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Cammy Bell, Daly and the two South American lads. Care to explain what the issue is?

Ha you won't find me disagreeing with that! Herald article stated we had no budget for scouting within their though. Not good.

If thats true its shocking that we can spunk 7-8 grand a week on Black ect but not invest in scouting, those South American players named in the OP though must of come from somewhere, too random to just be made up so surely we have some kind of system for seeking out unknown talent.

I never read that, please tell me you are joking. No budget for scouting!

I thought we were just getting some direction from Ferguson, never realised that we weren't investing. Makes you wonder just who is recommending these Central American chaps and Bikey etc, just who the hell is watching them?

If thats true its shocking that we can spunk 7-8 grand a week on Black ect but not invest in scouting, those South American players named in the OP though must of come from somewhere, too random to just be made up so surely we have some kind of system for seeking out unknown talent.

I never read that, please tell me you are joking. No budget for scouting!

I thought we were just getting some direction from Ferguson, never realised that we weren't investing. Makes you wonder just who is recommending these Central American chaps and Bikey etc, just who the hell is watching them?

I'm pretty sure the article stated that though I thought at the time that it sounded pretty dodgy. In looking at it again, it doesn't seem to mention it. Pretty sure the article has been edited, anyone remember the article saying something talons the lines of no scouts in Europe and no budget for scouting in uk? Or am I going mad?

Edit - think it was from this article but no mention of it now, edited out? http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/commercial-revival-under-way-at-rangers-but-lack-of-strategy-is-stunting-football-department.20490490

Edit 2! - strike that. It came from here http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-appear-failing-scouting-new-1757234 - ha the fucking record though so take what you will from it. Also, it was no budget for uk youth scouting. Frankly, it all sounds like shit

I'm pretty sure the article stated that though I thought at the time that it sounded pretty dodgy. In looking at it again, it doesn't seem to mention it. Pretty sure the article has been edited, anyone remember the article saying something talons the lines of no scouts in Europe and no budget for scouting in uk? Or am I going mad?

Edit - think it was from this article but no mention of it now, edited out? http://www.heraldsco...rtment.20490490

maybe it was proved to be inaccurate so removed? I doubt that with 22 million in the bank, we couldn't afford a few scouts.

Edit - think it was from this article but no mention of it now, edited out? http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/commercial-revival-under-way-at-rangers-but-lack-of-strategy-is-stunting-football-department.20490490

Edit 2! - strike that. It came from here http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-appear-failing-scouting-new-1757234 - ha the fucking record though so take what you will from it. Also, it was no budget for uk youth scouting. Frankly, it all sounds like shit

I thought it was in the Herald too, what he seems to be saying is that because we dont seem to be signing anybody from outside the sphell we cant have a scouting setup, which is what alot of us have said on here, but then we get linked with random players from South America, and last season players like Hemed, Juhasz ect and Ally took his South American trip that season too so we have been looking overseas but mainly signing Scottish based players it seems.

Edited the post. Was from a Record article actually. Speculative

If it was true, I think it would have been bigger news, the BBC would have certainly ran with it.

Throwaway line in an article in the rhecord, pinch of salt required IMO.

I thought it was in the Herald too, what he seems to be saying is that because we dont seem to be signing anybody from outside the sphell we cant have a scouting setup, which is what alot of us have said on here, but then we get linked with random players from South America, and last season players like Hemed, Juhasz ect and Ally took his South American trip that season too so we have been looking overseas but mainly signing Scottish based players it seems.

Aye...ha fuck it I'd say more but it's almost 3am. So 'aye' is all yer getting.

Night all, and don't have bad dreams MTAF - certainly not of big Jon Daly kissing the Rangers badge...;)

Aye...ha fuck it I'd say more but it's almost 3am. So 'aye' is all yer getting.

Night all, and don't have bad dreams MTAF - certainly not of big Jon Daly kissing the Rangers badge... ;)

Think it will be ally McCoist that will be having bad dreams about siging the taig.

By: Scott BurnsPublished: Wed, March 20, 2013

RANGERS have opened pre-contract talks with Dundee United skipper Jon Daly – although an agreement has still to be reached.

Further talks are planned with Daly’s representatives over the coming weeks

United confirmed the Light Blues had written to them to say they planned to speak to Daly, above, who is out of contract in the summer.

Express Sportunderstands there is still a bit of work to be done after those initial talks.

Daly’s agent started the negotiations around the same ball-park figures that Rangers gave to Ian Black and Francisco Sandaza when they made their switches from Hearts and St Johnstone respectively last summer.

The Rangers hierarchy, however, are keen to bring their basic wages down and want their players to earn the big money through bonuses for success on the pitch – including Scottish or League Cup glory.

Further talks are planned with Daly’s representatives over the coming weeks – with the Light Blues prepared to more than double the player’s current United salary.

Ally McCoist sanctioned a move for the big Irish striker after he tore his side apart in their recent Scottish Cup clash at Tannadice.

The runaway Third Division leaders are also close to a deal for Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell and are ready to hold talks with Motherwell midfielder Nicky Law.

Express Sport understands there is still a bit of work to be done after those initial talks

Express Sport also revealed that McCoist wants to land Middlesbrough defender Andre Bikey but he must wait to see if the Championship side take up their one-year option on the player.

McCoist has cast his eye further afield to Honduran international Arnold Peralta and Mexican Under-23 striker Alan Pulido – who can both be signed on free transfers.

Peralta, 23, who can play right-back or midfield, is currently with Honduran side Vida. Pulido, 22, one of the best young talents in Mexico, is with local side Tigres – and was a £3million target for French club Bordeaux last year.

McCoist is also keen to bring Kenny Miller back to Ibrox but that deal is unlikely unless the Scotland striker agrees to take a significant wage drop.

Dear god Ally what the fuck are you playing at. Sometimes i think he's at the windup.

Give this shit a rest FFS!!!!

I have been as critical as anyone over the past couple of months about our style of play at times, but to constantly criticise Ally for his transfer dealings is a joke IMO.

To say that the guy has been working with one hand tied behind his back on this front since he took over would be the understatement of the century.

Need reminding???

Transfer window 1. Almost every first choice player Ally targeted, Whyte lowballed the offer to the players club so it would be rejected. If the player was a free agent, he lowballed the offer to the player, so it would be rejected.

Trasfer window 2. See above, and add to that the impending administration and the fact that Whyte spent the majority of this window actively trying to flog Jelavic from under the manager with no chance of a replacement.

Transfer window 3. Ally was granted the grand total of about 2 weeks to convince players to drop to the bottom tier of Scottish football to a club that still had no license to play competitive football for some of that time.

Transfer window 4. Null and void due to an illegal transfer embargo.

Transfer window 5. Again he will need to convince players to enjoy trips to Alloa and Brechin... Or will he??? Do you know which division we are playing in next season??? Add to that, the fact that he has the ability only to sign players who will be out of contract at the end of this season, and convince them to sit around for the first month of the season until the illegal transfer embargo is lifted so they can THEN sign on to play in whichever division they deem fit for us to be in.

So by all means be crytical of tactics, be crytical of team selections at times. But FFS how can anyone rip into the guy for transfers in yet?

Let's see what can be achieved when he is doing this job without a constant gun at his head eh?

Give this shit a rest FFS!!!!

I have been as critical as anyone over the past couple of months about our style of play at times, but to constantly criticise Ally for his transfer dealings is a joke IMO.

To say that the guy has been working with one hand tied behind his back on this front since he took over would be the understatement of the century.

Need reminding???

Transfer window 1. Almost every first choice player Ally targeted, Whyte lowballed the offer to the players club so it would be rejected. If the player was a free agent, he lowballed the offer to the player, so it would be rejected.

Trasfer window 2. See above, and add to that the impending administration and the fact that Whyte spent the majority of this window actively trying to flog Jelavic from under the manager with no chance of a replacement.

Transfer window 3. Ally was granted the grand total of about 2 weeks to convince players to drop to the bottom tier of Scottish football to a club that still had no license to play competitive football for some of that time.

Transfer window 4. Null and void due to an illegal transfer embargo.

Transfer window 5. Again he will need to convince players to enjoy trips to Alloa and Brechin... Or will he??? Do you know which division we are playing in next season??? Add to that, the fact that he has the ability only to sign players who will be out of contract at the end of this season, and convince them to sit around for the first month of the season until the illegal transfer embargo is lifted so they can THEN sign on to play in whichever division they deem fit for us to be in.

So by all means be crytical of tactics, be crytical of team selections at times. But FFS how can anyone rip into the guy for transfers in yet?

Let's see what can be achieved when he is doing this job without a constant gun at his head eh?

The majority of his signings have been shocking. Faure Cribiri KK Sandaza Ian Black, Celik etc.... and now he's going for jon daily a clone of Lee wilkie.

The majority of his signings have been shocking. Faure Cribiri KK Sandaza Ian Black, Celik etc.... and now he's going for jon daily a clone of Lee wilkie.

And do you think those players were his first choices?

He has had peanuts to spend assembling a squad.

Twice he has had "decent" money to spend on players and he bought Wallace and Temps. Are they duds as well?

How do you even know Celik was shocking?

And Faure has had how many games in his natural position to prove his worth?

A natural Centre forward v a natural centre half.

Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word clone. (tu)