Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it could, but probably not when we can only sign out of contract players! Come back to me with these complaints next summer if we are doing the same! Unless there is some out of contract gem we're missing out on?

Yea, I get that but why buy players for the sake of it? We arent very good and we need players, yes, but the investment should be made in coaches/scouts etc before investing in players. What we have right now is good enough to get us through the ban.

(tu)

As I said before, I think as long as we aren't signing a whole host of 30 year old SPL players, it's not a bad deal. If we are going for these guys when we are actually able to sign players and not just out of contract players, ill be more worried. That's for next January/summer though.

He'd be a decent asset

Not everyone can be a 17-year old (tu).

Yea, I get that but why buy players for the sake of it? We arent very good and we need players, yes, but the investment should be made in coaches/scouts etc before investing in players. What we have right now is good enough to get us through the ban.

Investment should be made on coaches/scouts regardless of bringing in a few out of contract players. I'm sure Ally would want as many scouts as possible to find the best players available to him, but it's up to Green and co to make it happen.

Agree that seemingly our general setup at the club is a little off and could use looking at. In terms of players, is ado before, I think we could be down to Jig, Little and Naismith come next season, I think we need one or two in that position. While we could struggle through to January, I guess there's an element of appeasing fans by making sure (or attempting to) that we are competitive in cup comps.

I think we're a bit short and a few guys might move on in the summer.

Pulling numbers out yer arse.

If that prank phone call is genuine, which I believe it is as its definitely Sandaza, then he is on a sliding wage, which makes sense.. moving up the leagues gives you a higher wage..

Sandaza tells the prankster he is on £4,500 a week for the first season of his four-year deal which goes up to £10,000 in the final year.

By that time the Ibrox club would expect to be back in the top flight of Scottish football.

Im not pulling this "out my arse".

hmm.. have you got a link to that, mate?

Tried to find them on google but it seems Tommy has taken over the net with his noise up of Fran!

I did find this from STV,

Francisco Sandaza could seal a contract with Rangers after being offered a deal worth £1m.

Rangers have tabled a four year deal for the ex-St Johnstone forward worth £250,000 a year, after tax.

Sandaza has been a free agent since leaving Perth in the summer and has had a number of offers across the continent, including a contract with a Belgian club which he turned down last week.

The Spanish striker is now bound for Glasgow to finalise the £5000-a-week contract with Rangers.

Rangers first expressed interest in 27-year-old Sandaza in January, when he eventually turned down a pre-contract deal to move to the Gers.

Edinburgh rivals Hearts and Hibernian had been rumoured to be chasing his signature but Sandaza now looks likely to go to Ibrox.

With Rangers facing a transfer embargo for 12 months starting on September 1, the club is building a squad to cope with campaigns in the Second and Third Divisions.

©2012 stv.tv

Omg, i have just noticed that £5k per week is after tax so goodness knows just how much this guy is costing our club.

The Rangers hierarchy, however, are keen to bring their basic wages down and want their players to earn the big money through bonuses for success on the pitch – including Scottish or League Cup glory.

At least they are being sensible, no point in paying decent money if we don't get the success that should come with it.

It's not exactly the process we are hoping for, finding undeveloped talent that we can turn into good cahs further down the road, however no-one can deny that Daly would work well, either as a forward or defender.

I would also add that our scouting network is expanding if we are looking at Mexian & Hondouran players, unless of course, they have been sourced via agents pushing their wares .. but who knows, certainly not us.

Ha bloody hell, I wouldn't want you on my jury mate!

Would you not? Ill have you know that Im well educated and quite a level headed individual. I am a team player, as a musician needs to be, and I have good people skills.

Are you dismissing this recording as Fran?

Did you dismiss the Whyte, Imran ones as well?

Mark Hateley was 29 when he signed for us and had past injury problems. People stuck the boot in then, called him useless, target man, etc.....

Those were the days when we bought teams. Hateley was a quality player. Daly is shite and in a time we need to build for the future "Ajax" style.

We're never going to build a young team, all we're going to do is keep signing the same shite. It's so fucking deflating. We're obviously still a club with no vision or plan for the future. I'm actually just so sad at this. :(

So by that analogy, Big Jig is a Lee Wilkie clone?

Can play Centre forward, can play Centre half. Big built guy.

Lee Wilkie must have been a Derek Johnstone clone?

Dear god man, think before you type.

Don't hold your breath waiting on that happening mate.