Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 30 year old player with a couple of serious knee injuries behind him asking to double his money and achieve what is likely to be the contract of his life if he gets it.

In all likelihood Daly will do a decent job for us, but how many times have we been stung with this sort of signing before?

Would it be possible we could get Kenny Miller back? I know he isn't young but he is a goal scorer and it would give us a better chance in the cups next season. We perhaps should be preparing our future transfers for winning one of those cups as we will win the 2nd division.

To be honest, i'd be very happy with Jon Daly, Cammy Bell & Nicky Law. All good quality players for where we are right now. Especially Jon Daly who is an absolute battering ram!

Don't know anything about the two young foreign players, but good to see we are looking further further afield.

Would it be possible we could get Kenny Miller back? I know he isn't young but he is a goal scorer and it would give us a better chance in the cups next season. We perhaps should be preparing our future transfers for winning one of those cups as we will win the 2nd division.

NO!

Why is the whole forum so keen on Hemmings on the basis he's scored regularly in the first division but so unkeen on Daly despite the fact he's a proven goalscorer in a division higher than the one Hemmings impressed in?

I'd be quite content with us signing Daly to be honest. Sandaza might go, KK is gone, there are serious concerns over Shiels injury and Hemmings contract is up. A striker will be necessary (tu)

When Kevin Kyle went to speak to Ally about his future McCoist said to him he would be going in a different direction ie different style of play.

That was only a couple of weeks ago and now he's in for Jon daly.

What direction is Ally talking about? I don't see how he's any different from Kevin Kyle?