Stranraer Vice Chairman - No Precedent set when we got promoted

nvager

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming at it from a different angle; should we be promoted at the expense of one of the top 2 clubs in division 3?

How can we expect that?

I agree for the good of Scottish Football we should probably be asked to join the "Championship" but that's a different matter. All the clubs would need to agree to that, currently it's not even on the agenda.

IMO its simple, merge the 2 bodies immediately, don't change the leagues until start of 2014-2015 season. That way every club is fully aware of the relegation/promotion rules at the start of the season.

Was it not Stranraer that were meant to have voted 'no' to us in the SFL?

No it was Raith/Clyde/Brechin/Airdrie/ depending on what moon is being howled at that particular day.

“We are trying to change for the good of Scottish football and you are not going to please everyone.

“We discussed the matter as a board but leapfrogging us wouldn’t be the way forward.”

In other words, we are thinking about No 1 and no one else.

I wish as a club we wouldn't take this stance, it just gives ammunition to our haters as it looks like we are demanding preferential treatment.

They need us more than we need them,we should be sitting back waiting for them to come begging at our door.

As soon as it hits home that they won't have a sponsor for their top league and a much reduced income from tv they will soon be looking for us.

We are NOT demanding preferential treatment mate. Not even close. We want the promotion we deserve, so that the whole season has not been for nothing. Sporting integrity demands that a team that has earned promotion, be promoted.

It's not even like we are asking for a new rule to be made up, or any old rules to be bent or broken. We just want them to follow their own bloody rules and also follow previous precedent. Is that really to much to ask for?

Coming at it from a different angle; should we be promoted at the expense of one of the top 2 clubs in division 3?

How can we expect that?

I agree for the good of Scottish Football we should probably be asked to join the "Championship" but that's a different matter. All the clubs would need to agree to that, currently it's not even on the agenda.

IMO its simple, merge the 2 bodies immediately, don't change the leagues until start of 2014-2015 season. That way every club is fully aware of the relegation/promotion rules at the start of the season.

Are the top few from division 3 not being added to the new middle tier? I was sure that they were.

2 teams from div1 into new top tier makes 12

4 teams from div 3 going into new middle tier makes 12

and the rest lumped in the bottom.

^ I was sure that was how the proposal was set out, and it means that every other team in promotion places are probably gonna be promoted. Except Rangers and whomever finished 2nd in SFL3.

How can we expect that?

So coming from your Angle , even though we win The 3rd Div ,you reckon we shouldn't be Promoted just the way Stranrear where .

If you look at it like the way you are, then Dunfermline shouldn't have been Relegated, and should have stayed in the SPL instead of Dundee this Season.

I'm sick of hearing from these pub teams they bring nothing to the table.another statement from another chairman and nothing but self interest spews out only interested in our money.these fuckers have won the lottery having us in the sfl and they are going to try and hold onto us at all costs

Are the top few from division 3 not being added to the new middle tier? I was sure that they were.

^ I was sure that was how the proposal was set out, and it means that every other team in promotion places are probably gonna be promoted. Except Rangers and whomever finished 2nd in SFL3.

You're smoking too much mate :D There's already 12 in the top tier.

He wants a slice of the Rangers pie next year, stranraer will be in the 18, this is the problem we face, remember when we slagged the chairmen of the SPL clubs for not doing what was financially in the best interests of their clubs? Well thats all this guy is doing, his statement isn't rude towards us he is looking out for his own, nothing wrong with it he wants to play Rangers next year for some dollar, this is the price we have to pay for being the biggest and most succesful club in the country.

The great rangers gravy train and the TV money is what everyone is after. We generate all the income, but otherwise are hated and put down. Small minded clubs and jealousy play a big part in all of this.

We'll just have to continue to argue our case. It would seem that Rangers have a plausible example to put in an effort to convince people why we should be promoted.

Imo if we are to be in the 18 team set up i'd fucking boycott the away games , the greedy cunts are only interested in our fans money, they say some nice things about us but i suspect deep down inside, the majority fucking hate us, so i say, go fuck yourself and your shitey wee clubs!

12 already in SPL, 10 currently in SFL1 + 2 who get promoted from SFL2, 8 left in SFL2 + 10 in SFL3 make up 18 team league.

I wouldn't expect to be promoted at expense of 2 teams in current SFL2.

Have I got it wrong?

The answer is to leave league changes until next year, they shouldn't be changing goalposts this late.

We are NOT demanding preferential treatment mate. Not even close. We want the promotion we deserve, so that the whole season has not been for nothing. Sporting integrity demands that a team that has earned promotion, be promoted.

It's not even like we are asking for a new rule to be made up, or any old rules to be bent or broken. We just want them to follow their own bloody rules and also follow previous precedent. Is that really to much to ask for?

I agree with what your saying mate I'm just commenting on the way it will be seen after the tarrier spin doctors have finished 'educating' the rest of the population through the media.

We should just sit tight they do need us more than we need them.

12 already in SPL, 10 currently in SFL1 + 2 who get promoted from SFL2, 8 left in SFL2 + 10 in SFL3 make up 18 team league.

I wouldn't expect to be promoted at expense of 2 teams in current SFL2.

Have I got it wrong?

The answer is to leave league changes until next year, they shouldn't be changing goalposts this late.

nah it was me that had it wrong. But the winners of division 1 are being promoted yes? The winners of division 2 being promoted? the winners of division are not being promoted :(

So coming from your Angle , even though we win The 3rd Div ,you reckon we shouldn't be Promoted just the way Stranrear where .

If you look at it like the way you are, then Dunfermline shouldn't have been Relegated, and should have stayed in the SPL instead of Dundee this Season.

The Stranraer thing is totally different please tell me you can see that.

As for Dunfermline/Dundee my logic would dictate the rules of promotion and relegation should be respected. For us to be promoted we would be taking the place of 8 teams above us, including the team who won promotion to that division.

Is that right?

As I said the league reconstruction should not take place until the following year, so everyone knows the situation at the start of the year.

I agree with what your saying mate I'm just commenting on the way it will be seen after the tarrier spin doctors have finished 'educating' the rest of the population through the media.

We should just sit tight they do need us more than we need them.

Yeah, but i genuinely don't care what any of them think, "we should get what we deserve",<---- we heard that for almost 2 years now but used to mean we should be punished. Shouldn't we also "get what we deserve" when it benifits us?

I don't see why the league bodies don;t go ahead with their merger, figure out if everyone votes for the structure and put it in place for the start of the following season. I'd have a helluva lot less problems with the reconstruction then.

To nullify the work of the entire year is just wrong.

I don't see why the league bodies don;t go ahead with their merger, figure out if everyone votes for the structure and put it in place for the start of the following season. I'd have a helluva lot less problems with the reconstruction then.

To nullify the work of the entire year is just wrong.

I completely agree. It's by far the most sensible solution.

Imo if we are to be in the 18 team set up i'd fucking boycott the away games , the greedy cunts are only interested in our fans money, they say some nice things about us but i suspect deep down inside, the majority fucking hate us, so i say, go fuck yourself and your shitey wee clubs!

(tu)

They all want a big payday, the SFL clubs won't be happy until every team's had their share of us